Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 908
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 8:54:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PatriotManJSO] [#1]

Yep... had a pretty nasty storm that afternoon, coming out of the air conditioned house into the humidity is a recipe for some nasty foggy unfortunately.

Also, I'd like to give Neil at Gun Gallery some major thanks. He installed my forward assist for free. I can't recommend GG enough!

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Link Posted: 6/30/2014 4:33:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Has MARSOC gone mostly to to MK. 18's these days? I feel like I used to see a lot more photos with them using Block 2 M4s.

I may be completely off the mark here, just curious.

Low quality picture time:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-3HxSCeV0-hM/U6PunlUJ_4I/AAAAAAAABG4/PJ2Ycc-8pXQ/w958-h539-no/20140620_041939.jpg
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 4:36:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Edward_Tz] [#3]

Lower Receiver

Daniel Defense complete lower
KAC Trigger Guard
LMT SOPMOD
Magpul MOE +

Upper Receiver

Daniel Defense RIS II
Daniel Defense upper
Daniel Defense mk12 gasblock
Daniel Defense bcg
Daniel Defense QD sling mount
TangoDown vfg
BCM SOCOM 14.5”
Surefire FH556RC
KAC taupe mk18 front sight
KAC 600 meter sight

Just need to decide on an optic and pick up a scout. Maybe some rattle cans too.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 5:05:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PatriotManJSO:
Has MARSOC gone mostly to to MK. 18's these days? I feel like I used to see a lot more photos with them using Block 2 M4s.

I may be completely off the mark here, just curious.

Low quality picture time:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-3HxSCeV0-hM/U6PunlUJ_4I/AAAAAAAABG4/PJ2Ycc-8pXQ/w958-h539-no/20140620_041939.jpg
View Quote

They use both just like the other "Tier 2" SOCOM units. The mission/environment will usually dictate which one they take on the op.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By drewQ22:
Yeah I didn't have one of the front sight block tools last time. I think if I get a colt socom bbl I'm gonna build a fsp block ii.    
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Augee:
How hard is it to get the taper pins out of the fsb? My bcm fsb needed the hammer of Thor to get the pins out(yes I was driving them the right direction). I ended up boogering up fsb in a few spots as well.  

A big hammer, the right punch, and probably some grunting and maybe cursing.  

If it makes you feel any better, most of the boogering of the FSB should be mostly concealed by the rail once you get it on.

(Meanwhile, I've had good luck with letting some oil soak in overnight and a proper FSB removal block helps - proper tools and all - there's some work you can, and I have done on an AR with a Gerber and rigged up tools and pieces of ball-point pen - removing an FSB would not be one I recommend.)

~Augee
Yeah I didn't have one of the front sight block tools last time. I think if I get a colt socom bbl I'm gonna build a fsp block ii.    

Carpenter nail sets... work better for this than regular punches. Also, have a buddy help and use wood blocks and a solid surface - like a cement floor.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 7:37:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Or just send the damn thing to ADCO.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 7:42:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I've found the best thing to do on FSB pins is to stick the barrel in a set of aluminum barrel vice blocks, then pound the pins out.

Saves you hours of work and frustration. especially on tight bcm pins.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 9:48:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By AR415:

Here's my contribution.

I'm also new to the ar15 and decided to do a m4a1 block II clone for my first ar. I went with a dd m4a1 '14 mil spec+ model and immediately ditching the factory furniture and threw on some block II gear. Surefire fh and tac light are planned for the near future.

Until then enjoy the pics :)

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg491/thinkkrink415/19D32ED4-2902-4E7B-9B9B-530583FA20BF_zpst59ttrky.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg491/thinkkrink415/D2403394-E701-491E-ADDD-496C56805555_zpsv98sqjav.jpg
View Quote

Love the TA01ECOS on there.

Looks great.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 11:46:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:01:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:15:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:

Nice

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lancelot:

Nice

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:43:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By SuperiorSOLO:
<a href="http://s1139.photobucket.com/user/vandenberghe1986/media/IMG_2529_zpsd6ca5b81.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n547/vandenberghe1986/IMG_2529_zpsd6ca5b81.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s1139.photobucket.com/user/vandenberghe1986/media/IMG_2532_zps5347d2f2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n547/vandenberghe1986/IMG_2532_zps5347d2f2.jpg</a>
View Quote

I think you need to come down to Eau Claire, and let me shoot that thing

Very nice!!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 9:06:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: p712k] [#13]
I confirmed that the FH556-215A was the standard muzzle device for pre-SOCOM Surefire suppressors:

This is from an old post on http://defensenews.com

"SOCOM awards lots I & II of Family of Muzzle Brake Suppressors to Surefire
   Posted by Rob Curtis | September 29th, 2011 | GearScout, Modern Day Marine

As I spoke to the guys at Surefire today, I found out they’d been awarded lots I and 2 of SOCOMs Family of Muzzle Brake Suppressors contract. These are the lots that cover cans for the M4CQBR and MK13. (The United States Marine Corps is already employing SureFire’s FA762SS suppressor system on the M40A5 sniper rifle.)

I’m still waiting to hear who won the other lots, though I’ve heard plans to fit suppressors for other weapons on the SOCOM contract, like the M16A4, M27, and M48 are on hold for various reasons.

Even so, the two IDIQ contract lots alone are worth about $23.3 million and represents the largest suppressor contract Surefire has won to date. We’ll see who else got a part of this one, I’m guessing KAC, AAC and maybe GemTech had hats in the ring on this one, too.

Products selected by Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane Division, are:

For the SOCOM M4/CQBR firearm: FH556-215A adapter & FA556-212-DE suppressor
       For the SOCOM M4/CQBR firearm training and blank firing: BFA-FA556-212 & TA-FA556-212
       For the SOCOM MK13 firearm: FH762K05 adapter & FA762K-DE suppressor
       For the SOCOM MK13 firearm training and blank firing: BFA-FA762K & TA-FA762K

From Surefire’s Press Release:

USSOCOM Family of Muzzle Brake Suppressors (FMBS) Contract Awarded to SureFire

Fountain Valley, CA—SureFire, LLC, manufacturer of high-end illumination tools and tactical products, has been awarded its largest suppressor contract to date. The $23.3 million contract, for an indefinite quantity of sound suppressors, suppressor adapters, blank firing adapters and training adapters, was awarded by officials of the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane Division—the pri- mary solicitation center for U.S. Special Operations Command—as part of the Family of Muzzle Brake Suppressors (FMBS) contract."

Originally Posted By Will816:

They probably used the flash hider. Running a brake, indoors, next to your buddies without a can on would not be an enlightening experience

I'd recommend the 215 because it LOOKS the most like the SF3P or 556RC
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By p712k:
Which mount for the Surefire FA556-212 would be the most correct (in looks) for a block II clone? Not going to get a new SOCOM suppressor, have to work within constraints here.

Also I read either in this thread, the MK18 thread or the Block 1.5/PR thread that there were some unit level purchases of the Surefire FA556-212, did they use the brake or the flash hider for those?

They probably used the flash hider. Running a brake, indoors, next to your buddies without a can on would not be an enlightening experience

Link Posted: 7/2/2014 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#14]
I confirmed that the FH556-215A was the standard muzzle device for pre-SOCOM Surefire suppressors:

As I spoke to the guys at Surefire today, I found out they’d been awarded lots I and 2 of SOCOMs Family of Muzzle Brake Suppressors contract. These are the lots that cover cans for the M4CQBR and MK13. (The United States Marine Corps is already employing SureFire’s FA762SS suppressor system on the M40A5 sniper rifle.)

I’m still waiting to hear who won the other lots, though I’ve heard plans to fit suppressors for other weapons on the SOCOM contract, like the M16A4, M27, and M48 are on hold for various reasons.

Even so, the two IDIQ contract lots alone are worth about $23.3 million and represents the largest suppressor contract Surefire has won to date. We’ll see who else got a part of this one, I’m guessing KAC, AAC and maybe GemTech had hats in the ring on this one, too.

For the SOCOM M4/CQBR firearm training and blank firing: BFA-FA556-212 & TA-FA556-212

Fountain Valley, CA—SureFire, LLC, manufacturer of high-end illumination tools and tactical products, has been awarded its largest suppressor contract to date. The $23.3 million contract, for an indefinite quantity of sound suppressors, suppressor adapters, blank firing adapters and training adapters, was awarded by officials of the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane Division—the pri- mary solicitation center for U.S. Special Operations Command—as part of the Family of Muzzle Brake Suppressors (FMBS) contract."

View All Quotes

Which mount for the Surefire FA556-212 would be the most correct (in looks) for a block II clone? Not going to get a new SOCOM suppressor, have to work within constraints here.

Also I read either in this thread, the MK18 thread or the Block 1.5/PR thread that there were some unit level purchases of the Surefire FA556-212, did they use the brake or the flash hider for those?

Nope, the FH556RC is the correct model for SOCOM. If you look it up in the supply system, it says the -215 as a part number, but it'll be a FH556RC if you order it. Same probably goes for the suppressors. AFAIK, Surefire updated the FH and Suppressor post that announcement, and the older legacy models aren't widely (rare, but have been seen) used anymore. I also confirmed through Surefire that the FH556RC was the FH of choice, and the 4 prong model isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 1:05:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StevieJ309] [#15]
EXPS3-0 came in Saturday so now it's finally done (again). Now for the obligatory potato pic:

Link Posted: 7/2/2014 1:22:48 PM EDT
[#16]
My post was addressing the model of pre-SOCOM muzzle devices used.

Originally Posted By Tmender03:

Nope, the FH556RC is the correct model for SOCOM. If you look it up in the supply system, it says the -215 as a part number, but it'll be a FH556RC if you order it. Same probably goes for the suppressors. AFAIK, Surefire updated the FH and Suppressor post that announcement, and the older legacy models aren't widely (rare, but have been seen) used anymore. I also confirmed through Surefire that the FH556RC was the FH of choice, and the 4 prong model isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 7/2/2014 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By slowkota1:

Very nice!!!
View All Quotes
<a href="http://s1139.photobucket.com/user/vandenberghe1986/media/IMG_2529_zpsd6ca5b81.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n547/vandenberghe1986/IMG_2529_zpsd6ca5b81.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s1139.photobucket.com/user/vandenberghe1986/media/IMG_2532_zps5347d2f2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n547/vandenberghe1986/IMG_2532_zps5347d2f2.jpg</a>

Very nice!!!

What kinda ranges do you have down there?
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 2:19:40 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

Then totally disregard my previous post. This is what I get for reading too fast I guess.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Very nice!!!
View All Quotes

Very nice!!!

I'm from Eau Claire. Kind of weird to see that name on this site.  Anyways, I'm headed out to Augusta tomorrow to put some more rounds through this beast.

" />
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Sweet!

Are those Colt factory anodized receivers? What about the grip, FNH?

That reminds me of the HK416A5, but obviously a M4A1. Perhaps we could call it a M4A2?

The whole setup is friggin' sweet.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 8:00:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Oh now I'm jealous.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 8:56:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Loving that M45A1!
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 10:25:12 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Very nice!!!

100 to 600 brother!

0-25 yds on the pistol side... 0-100 yds on the rifle side...

0-300 yds in the stuck-up Menomonie range (I haven't shot there but I hear it's retarded1)

$25 or $35 for a complete access code for the "short range"... Another couple dollars for a whole  'nother the 600 yd range

Link Posted: 7/3/2014 10:26:48 PM EDT
[#25]

100 to 600 brother!

0-300 yds in the stuck-up Menomonie range (I haven't shot there but I hear it's retarded1)

$25 or $35 for a complete access code for the "short range"... Another couple dollars for a whole  'nother the 600 yd range
http://www.ecnrc.org/ecnrc.jpg
View All Quotes

Very nice!!!

100 to 600 brother!

http://www.ecnrc.org/ecnrc.jpg

Range Envy.  I has it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 10:28:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By jray02r1:

I'm from Eau Claire. Kind of weird to see that name on this site.  Anyways, I'm headed out to Augusta tomorrow to put some more rounds through this beast.

http:// <a href=http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z183/jray00343657/20140702_144915_zpscf8e0133.jpg</a>" />
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jray02r1:

Very nice!!!

http:// <a href=http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z183/jray00343657/20140702_144915_zpscf8e0133.jpg</a>" />

Eau Claire you say...

You want to be "Arfcom friends"?

Link Posted: 7/4/2014 5:23:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lancelot] [#27]
        Removed, not a block II

Link Posted: 7/4/2014 10:24:37 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm getting back into the Block II game again...

SOCOM upper group is on its way.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:
I'm getting back into the Block II game again...

SOCOM upper group is on its way.
View Quote

I as well. Built one with the correct Socom Barrel. Should be done by Saturday night. Pics coming...
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 4:29:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Happy Fourth, everybody.

Link Posted: 7/4/2014 4:53:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Joescuba] [#31]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:
Happy Fourth, everybody.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r249/RTUtah/ARs/blkii4th_zps813e9f21.jpg
View Quote

Cheers.  By the way,nice rifle.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 5:14:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ihcnehc] [#32]

Happy Fourth of July!

EDITED TO SHOW A REAL DEAL: 2013 APR, Kabul Afghanistan.  WMX200, LA-5/PEQ, SU-231/PEQ, Ops-Core Maritime, Crye, and what looks like a KAC QD sling mount.

Link Posted: 7/4/2014 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#33]

Sick!

I saw the LA-5 on eBay and it looked legit. If that's where you got it, it was a good score.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#34]

Real LA-5? I'm so jelly.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 6:07:02 PM EDT
[#35]

Happy Fourth, everybody.

View Quote
Happy 4th indeed.

Link Posted: 7/4/2014 6:07:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ihcnehc] [#36]
The raised adjustment knobs for illuminator on LA-5 is really nice.  Other than that, all that extra power is really of no use to me for what I use it for.    It would be really nice if Insight produces a regular PEQ-15 model that has raised adjustment knobs.

Link Posted: 7/4/2014 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By ihcnehc:
The raised adjustment knobs for illuminator on LA-5 is really nice.  Other than that, all that extra power is really of no use to me for what I use it for.    It would be really nice if Insight produces a regular PEQ-15 model that has raised adjustment knobs.

View Quote

Agreed. I have avoided (and gotten out of) the PEQ-15 market until I see what happens. I hope L3 releases a Class 1 ATPIAL but with LA-5 adjustment knobs. The PEQ-2A adjustment knobs are somewhat similar.

I would love to have the real ones to up my clone cred, but I wasn't comfortable having that much money tied up in it. I do have an AN/PEQ-2A that I got new in wrap with serial and all that jazz, so that will have to do for now. On the plus side, at least there weren't two versions of those for the SOPMOD kit, so I at least have legit shit for Block 1 stuff.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
Happy 4th indeed.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3862/14386253777_4bd81f7b22_h.jpg

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
Happy Fourth, everybody.

Happy 4th indeed.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3862/14386253777_4bd81f7b22_h.jpg

Showoff
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 6:33:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ihcnehc] [#39]

Originally Posted By cmcflex:
Agreed. I have avoided (and gotten out of) the PEQ-15 market until I see what happens. I hope L3 releases a Class 1 ATPIAL but with LA-5 adjustment knobs. The PEQ-2A adjustment knobs are somewhat similar.
I would love to have the real ones to up my clone cred, but I wasn't comfortable having that much money tied up in it. I do have an AN/PEQ-2A that I got new in wrap with serial and all that jazz, so that will have to do for now. On the plus side, at least there weren't two versions of those for the SOPMOD kit, so I at least have legit shit for Block 1 stuff.
View All Quotes

PEQ-2 is nice.

In my humble assessment, there is really no class 1 laser like PEQ-15.  It is light weight and its controls are intuitive and easy to use with gloves on in dark.  It is also pretty low profile and hugs rail close.  I have tried LDI DBAL D2 and I2.  D2 came pretty close but its bulk, weight, controls set it back for me.

All my PEQ-15 are legit and have S/N and came in NIB.  Nothing to worry about.

Link Posted: 7/4/2014 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#40]
PEQ-2 is nice.

In my humble assessment, there is really no class 1 laser like PEQ-15.  It is light weight and its controls are intuitive and easy to use with gloves on in dark.  It is also pretty low profile and hugs rail close.  I have tried LDI DBAL D2 and I2.  D2 came pretty close but its bulk, weight, controls set it back for me.

All my PEQ-15 are legit and have S/N and come in NIB.  Nothing to worry about.

View All Quotes

PEQ-2 is nice.

Yeah, I won't spend my money on any of the current Class 1 options. And I wasn't trying to imply yours weren't serialed properly, etc. If I find another good deal like that I will jump on it, but I need to cool it for a bit hahaha. I recently scored a NF 2.5-10x24 for my Mk12 and I have been working on my Mk17 and Mk16 CQC clones.. And I would really love to score a legit HK416D upper. Damn this BRD.....someday I will be able to get all of the gear I want...someday.

In any event, sweet shit, man.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#41]

Yeah, I won't spend my money on any of the current Class 1 options. And I wasn't trying to imply yours weren't serialed properly, etc. If I find another good deal like that I will jump on it, but I need to cool it for a bit hahaha. I recently scored a NF 2.5-10x24 for my Mk12 and I have been working on my Mk17 and Mk16 CQC clones.. And I would really love to score a legit HK416D upper. Damn this BRD.....someday I will be able to get all of the gear I want...someday.

View All Quotes

PEQ-2 is nice.

Thanks man.

My motivation for class 3 laser is the illuminator.  It is useful to be able to see what the laser is pointing at some times.

I, too, tried to get some HK416D uppers, 10.4 and 14.5, and then gave up.  I just oiled and sealed my HK MR556A1 and put it away.  Parts are hard to find and expensive.  There is really no point to it in my view.  I ended up just stocking up on Colt parts be done with it.

Best of luck to you HK416 endeavor.

Link Posted: 7/4/2014 7:06:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmcflex] [#42]
I should quit talking and post more pics.

Here is my current M4A1 clone with it's CQBR upper and friend (the lower is Noveske but most internals are Colt (my SBR'd Colt lower is sitting under my Block II CQBR clone upper). I forgot to lock the gate on the QDSS-NT4.

I probably will end up getting a M16A1 lower before I am able to ever score the HK416D upper, and that is quite unlikely for a while. I will probably get a MR556A1 at some point, but I do agree that getting Colt parts is a much more reasonable proposition ( Edit: For example, the Clyde Armory new/"used" (for armorer's classes) upper parts kiet was a smokin' deal. I will probably make a Force Recon Marine clone upper with it...eventually). SCAR parts are getting better now that they are made in the US (e.g., CQC barrels) so that is a nice alternative to the HK. I have a SOCOM762-RC-DE in jail for the SCAR, so I doubt there will be much of a pity party for my lack of an ATPIAL. (Aside: hey, Utah, at least I'm not putting the SCAR in your thread ).

Interestingly, the most difficult part to source in my collection is the SU-233/PVS. Most of the secondary-market ones have the serials scratched off. This one was offered to me by a poster in this thread (you know who you are--many thanks!) and came with the entire kit except the lens covers.

Link Posted: 7/4/2014 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#43]

Colt M4 Carbine lower
Lone Star grip
C.Q.D. rear sling mount and front mount
LMT 1st. gen. Sopmod stock
P.R.I. Gasbuster charging handle
Colt bolt
Matech rear sight
EO Tech
Colt Socom Barrel 14.5
Daniel Defense RIS fde
Knights Armament NT-4 FH
Daniel Defense vfg
Tango Down rail panels
Insight M3X with double switch
Knights Armament front sight-taupe
C.Q.D. single/double sling

Just want to get a new trigger and this pig is done! Happy 4th everyone!
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 10:04:56 PM EDT
[#44]

Ugh.

I hate you.  I thought I was doing pretty well until....

Whatever.  You aint got shit until you've got a proper CNVD-T.  

Having used the AN/PEQ-15 as well as the AN/PEQ-15A (DBAL-A2) I much prefer the PEQ-15.  I would love have a Class Ib version of the LA-5, I've been in many situations where I think a thumbscrew adjustable illuminator would be useful.

~Augee
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 11:56:26 PM EDT
[#45]

Ugh.

Having used the AN/PEQ-15 as well as the AN/PEQ-15A (DBAL-A2) I much prefer the PEQ-15.  I would love have a Class Ib version of the LA-5, I've been in many situations where I think a thumbscrew adjustable illuminator would be useful.

~Augee
View All Quotes

Ugh.

~Augee
Lol.  Thanks Augee!

A couple of weeks ago, I was adjusting a PEQ-15 and the LA-5 (the illuminator part).  The LA-5 was done in literally seconds, whereas I spent considerably more time with the 15.  I had on my Ops Core and it was pretty warm and sweat was rolling into my eyes.  Lots of fun.

I would agree on the CNVD-T.  Some times stuff can be difficult to spot with a NVG but would just pop with a thermal.  I am kind of on the fence about CNVD-T, however.  Given a choice I believe I would go with the SkeetIR, just because of the size and weight difference.  All these NV stuff adds up in terms of weight pretty quickly.

Happy Fourth!

Link Posted: 7/5/2014 5:53:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dog_dad] [#46]

So that makes two of us with LA-5's.

Is yours the Ultra High Power version?
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Please help me decide on a flash hider. I already have the KAC NT4 but I like the look of the surefire better. I haven't been able to find the surefire online but I did find a place locally that has a surefire 4 prong and a 3 prong version. The part number on the surefire didn't match the first pages on the thread though..? Anyways should I put on the KAC or grab a surefire and sell the KAC? I'm building my build now and the flash hider will be pinned on.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 7:03:15 PM EDT
[#48]
The KAC looks best in my opinion. Wasn't a hard choice for me.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 7:12:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By patriot_man:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By patriot_man:

I'm curious to find out where you guys found these and how over priced they might be.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 8:03:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By KCode98:
Please help me decide on a flash hider. I already have the KAC NT4 but I like the look of the surefire better. I haven't been able to find the surefire online but I did find a place locally that has a surefire 4 prong and a 3 prong version. The part number on the surefire didn't match the first pages on the thread though..? Anyways should I put on the KAC or grab a surefire and sell the KAC? I'm building my build now and the flash hider will be pinned on.
View Quote

Which one do you think functions better for its intended purpose? If you go with the SF do you plan on obtaining a compatible SF can in the future or likewise if you retain the KAC?
Page / 908
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top