BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 911
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#1]
LMAO. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

So EoTech is discontinuing the 553 because it's a superior optic to what they're replacing it with?

And I don't know what I'm talking about because I made out a fuzzy light in a picture for part of a muzzle device? I wasn't the only one who saw it that way.

And by all means, consider the claims of Magpul, Travis Haley, and Kevin Boland bogus. If those three stand behind the claim that an SR-15 went 80k rounds with the same barrel and bolt, that's more than enough for me.

Where does your vast experience and knowledge come from? I own and have owned over 4 dozen AR platform rifles from a variety of all of the who's who manufacturers. I own and have owned most of the most spoken about optics and accessories. I have regularly used all of this equipment, and regularly run it through carbine and precision courses. I've made personal opinions based off a combination of personal experience, and the experiences I see, hear, and read about from others.

You on the other hand? Well...

What exactly have you done to acquire all of your knowledge for these topics that you act like you're an expert on?

Frankly, you not only act like the most immature individual to frequent the clone threads, but you also don't seem to know a damn thing about anything you're talking about other than when you're parroting something that you've heard from somebody else who actually does know what they're talking about.

And yes, I'm ready for you to make your typical "let's handle this in person" comments. It's wild how many guys I've seen you make those types of comments towards. I've never seen anyone else do it. Most people understand this is an online forum, and acting like you're gonna "take care of" a constructive argument in person with violence is surely for someone who isn't quite of the highest maturity.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By warpig8654:
Eotech fixed the battery connection problem way back in 2007/2008 time frame for the mil & would send out the modification kit to everyone else for free if you contacted them about your 553 that didn't function correctly.
View Quote

I emailed them asking to check the S/N to see if it had the mod done. Well, it was one of the Law Guns 553's and we all know the debacle behind that They never did tell me if it had the upgrade and I didn't push it as I didn't really feel like inviting "the man" into my life
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I emailed them asking to check the S/N to see if it had the mod done. Well, it was one of the Law Guns 553's and we all know the debacle behind that They never did tell me if it had the upgrade and I didn't push it as I didn't really feel like inviting "the man" into my life
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Eotech fixed the battery connection problem way back in 2007/2008 time frame for the mil & would send out the modification kit to everyone else for free if you contacted them about your 553 that didn't function correctly.

What was the final story on the Lawguns 553s?

I've heard EoTech has been confiscating the ones that have been sent in for service, but never got the whole story.

How has Lawguns not been held accountable for selling these as legit to consumers?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

I've heard EoTech has been confiscating the ones that have been sent in for service, but never got the whole story.

How has Lawguns not been held accountable for selling these as legit to consumers?
View All Quotes

I don't know anything beyond what was discussed in the thread about them. I didn't send mine as I didn't want to be out of the money with no recourse the get it back.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Law guns was not the only vendor selling them. Basically the consensus as I understood it was that what most likely happened was that someone in the mil was supposed to send them to be destroyed but they were sold as surplus instead. The people at eotech were confiscating anything that was originally sold to the mil regardless or wether it was possibly surplused and sold through a vendor or not.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:13:25 AM EDT
[#6]
That's too bad. I'm kind of disappointed with them now. Sig guys swear by them, and their work is good. But they say on their website that they have the DD FDE. After many Krylon jobs, I'm still not keen on painting nicer, high end items. But that DD RIS II is a rail I lust after, and a 14.5" clone would be a good do all rifle... And I thought the Geissele MK2 rail was some coin.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:50:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By NAC_Instructor:
Exactly....so what is the correct finish for the B5 stock?  If it's black, and you use FDE even though they are the same NSN, is it wrong?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:06:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

View All Quotes

Exactly....so what is the correct finish for the B5 stock?  If it's black, and you use FDE even though they are the same NSN, is it wrong?

Was my understanding that Black Gen 1 was issued but that there were some unit level purchases for Tan which I think makes both Kosher?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:57:33 AM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

Per EOTech circa 2007/8:  if you have silver colored battery contacts, you are good to go.  If they are brass colored we will send you a kit to fix it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:06:24 AM EDT
[#10]

This isn't an Aimpoint vs EoTech thing.

EoTech isn't discontinuing and no longer fielding the 553 in favor of the EXPS3-0 because the 553 is a more rugged and superior optic.

I'm sure even plenty of EoTech fans would agree with that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
What I was referring to is the specs that make the 553 different from any other EOTech made to date such as it being able to dive to 66ft for 2 hours, every other model being 33ft/2 hrs or less depth than that on certain models, SOCOM put it through various drop/torture testing, that as far as I've been able to tell wasn't done on the EXPS. I'm not saying it's the most rugged optic ever made, just that it's the most rugged EOTech made in my opinion. I haven't had any of my EOTech's fail on me to be fair though (that includes an EXPS)
The last thing I'm going to do is get in an argument about this, but my opinion stands.

Normally, people would be jumping all over an optic that was as widely issued, abused and tested as the SU-231/553.

No point in arguing; unfounded or otherwise, those who don't like EOTechs will probably never change their minds.

This isn't an Aimpoint vs EoTech thing.

EoTech isn't discontinuing and no longer fielding the 553 in favor of the EXPS3-0 because the 553 is a more rugged and superior optic.

I'm sure even plenty of EoTech fans would agree with that.

I never said it was an EO vs. Aimpoint thing...you said that.

I was just pointing out that the EOTech is very widely issued in the U.S. military and that if there actually were problems of the magnitude cited/quoted on the internet they would have been discovered.

The 213A has nothing to do with it.  The 553 sux argument has been going on since before the 231A even existed.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:22:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SaigaMan2] [#11]
I'm torn between just ordering a Daniel Defense complete stripped upper receiver group, w/ CHF barrel and FSP installed (complete upper, no BCG, CH or rail) for $440.00 dollars and just shaving the sight post and tossing my RIS II FDE on it and ordering a COLT SOCOM barrel and then buying a COLT flat top upper receiver and some type of gas block.

Best prices I've found on the COLT route are $280.00 on the SOCOM from Grant at G&R Tactical. $150.00 on the COLT flat top upper, gas block and some type of flash hider, mostlikely Surefire.

Not 100% clone kosher but I defiantly would NOT mind a full DD upper. I was thinking about getting the 16" model which includes a A2 birdcage so I could assemble is now without having to pin/weld or SBR. I have a friend who will chop, step and thread the barrel for me for beer money down the road when I get a Surefire FH. He has done them for some other friends of mine, his work is top notch as long as he doesn't drink the beer first! :)

I basically did this on my MK18
I got tired of clinking on a thread to find the Rail sold. I bought a

DD MK18 FDE Upper 900.00

COLT SOCOM II W/FSP 1200.00

Put them together and sold off the additional parts then added some.

As for the 553 I have used them and know guys that are using them in Central Africa and have no issues, I just bought one for this gun and will be selling the EXPS I like the 553 way better.

If anyone wants a real PEQ-15 I have 2 Additional available.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:23:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Per EOTech circa 2007/8:  if you have silver colored battery contacts, you are good to go.  If they are brass colored we will send you a kit to fix it.
View All Quotes

I'll have to check it out. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By SaigaMan2:
I'm torn between just ordering a Daniel Defense complete stripped upper receiver group, w/ CHF barrel and FSP installed (complete upper, no BCG, CH or rail) for $440.00 dollars and just shaving the sight post and tossing my RIS II FDE on it and ordering a COLT SOCOM barrel and then buying a COLT flat top upper receiver and some type of gas block.

Best prices I've found on the COLT route are $280.00 on the SOCOM from Grant at G&R Tactical. $150.00 on the COLT flat top upper, gas block and some type of flash hider, mostlikely Surefire.

Not 100% clone kosher but I defiantly would NOT mind a full DD upper. I was thinking about getting the 16" model which includes a A2 birdcage so I could assemble is now without having to pin/weld or SBR. I have a friend who will chop, step and thread the barrel for me for beer money down the road when I get a Surefire FH. He has done them for some other friends of mine, his work is top notch as long as he doesn't drink the beer first! :)

DD MK18 FDE Upper 900.00

As for the 553 I have used them and know guys that are using them in Central Africa and have no issues, I just bought one for this gun and will be selling the EXPS I like the 553 way better.

<a href="http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/JBIArmory/media/MK18%20Block%20II/DSCN1593_zps8efb883a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z408/JBIArmory/MK18%20Block%20II/DSCN1593_zps8efb883a.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/JBIArmory/media/MK18%20Block%20II/20141230_1703472_zps234ea396.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z408/JBIArmory/MK18%20Block%20II/20141230_1703472_zps234ea396.jpg</a>

View Quote

What kind of shadow do you get with that suppressor over the flashlight?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:01:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quick Q on Elcan's.. Issued are the 1 and 4 power selectable variants yes?  Does anyone have hands on with the fixed 4 power variant?  Aside from not providing 1x is it for all intensive purposes on par with the 1 to 4 selectable?  Does anyone have experience with the fixed?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:06:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By tweeter:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tweeter:
Originally Posted By SaigaMan2:

DD MK18 FDE Upper 900.00

<a href="http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/JBIArmory/media/MK18%20Block%20II/DSCN1593_zps8efb883a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z408/JBIArmory/MK18%20Block%20II/DSCN1593_zps8efb883a.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/JBIArmory/media/MK18%20Block%20II/20141230_1703472_zps234ea396.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z408/JBIArmory/MK18%20Block%20II/20141230_1703472_zps234ea396.jpg</a>

Funny never even thought about shadow before

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:33:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:

Was my understanding that Black Gen 1 was issued but that there were some unit level purchases for Tan which I think makes both Kosher?
View All Quotes

"Units" have purchased every imaginable accessory so do whatever you want.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:22:11 PM EDT
[#17]
[div style='text-align: left;']

View All Quotes

This is the realization I have concluded.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:57:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wormydog1987] [#18]
Ahh fuck, wrong thread but the quote still applies.

"The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
- William Shakespeare

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:37:49 PM EDT
[#19]
So do you guys remember when Numrich was selling those USGI tear drop forward assists? I remember a few of you bought extra's...... I don't suppose anyone would be willing to sell me of those would they? Numrich is out, have been for a while now.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:18:46 AM EDT
[#20]
So do you guys remember when Numrich was selling those USGI tear drop forward assists? I remember a few of you bought extra's...... I don't suppose anyone would be willing to sell me of those would they? Numrich is out, have been for a while now.
View Quote

Brownells was selling 5 dollar teardrop FA'S a few days ago, see if they're still in stock. They were Bushmaster IIRC
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:57:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By SaigaMan2:...

Funny never even thought about shadow before

<a href="http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/JBIArmory/media/MK18%20Block%20II/DSCN1740_zps5f29dadf.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z408/JBIArmory/MK18%20Block%20II/DSCN1740_zps5f29dadf.jpg</a>
View Quote

I don't know your shooting habits and I'm certainly not trying to tell you what to do with your equipment, but I have noticed a few things with lights pushed rearward and especially under suppressors:

In fast situations I have a tendacy to push the light to the head of the target, my shots moved up.  For some reason I need to see the face of the target and the gun moves up a tiny bit as I try to illuminate the face.

Instead of completely breaking that habit, I just moved my light up and well forward of where it was located.  Forward turned out to be more helpful than upward.
The net effect was, I could see the face and the hands of my target.

Just food for thought.

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:06:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AR-Ryan21] [#22]
Sold to RJeff21.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 7:15:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Brownells was selling 5 dollar teardrop FA'S a few days ago, see if they're still in stock. They were Bushmaster IIRC
View All Quotes

Yeah I saw those. Was kind of hoping to get one of the original USGI / COLT parts.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 6:12:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#24]

Yeah I saw those. Was kind of hoping to get one of the original USGI / COLT parts.
View All Quotes

Retro parts is what you seek then as the USGI teardrop FA'S were from the M16A1 originally. Personally I'd be OK with the bushy if you can't find one for a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 6:58:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Retro parts is what you seek then as the USGI teardrop FA'S were from the M16A1 originally. Personally I'd be OK with the bushy if you can't find one for a reasonable price.
View All Quotes

Yes correct. Numrich had a bunch of original USGI new in the paper wrapping, year marked 1966 tear drops but all you damn cloners bought them up. I'm told the ones they offer now might be DPMS as they no longer say "Original USGI".

I did not know BM was selling one. The DPMS units have horrid fit and finish to them. They look like someone finished them with a cut off wheel.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 7:11:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Yes correct. Numrich had a bunch of original USGI new in the paper wrapping, year marked 1966 tear drops but all you damn cloners bought them up. I'm told the ones they offer now might be DPMS as they no longer say "Original USGI".

I did not know BM was selling one. The DPMS units have horrid fit and finish to them. They look like someone finished them with a cut off wheel.
View All Quotes

Well thats a bummer. Im gonna pick up a couple of the Bushmasters here soon myself. As long as its made out of the correct alloy to match mil-spec and fit and finish is good, then who made the forward assist isn't so much a problem for me, as long as it fits the mil-spec and is in spec machining-wise.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#27]
There are teardrop fa on ebay for 14.99 to 30.00 with free shipping . if the look like what you are looking for. I bought mine there and it does everything I need it to do.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:27:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Bump to ditch the glitch
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:27:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blkrmycs] [#29]
If you are rattle canning you could always smooth the rough edges up  before you paint.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:18:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Bump to ditch the glitch
View Quote

What glitch is this? I see people post about it in all of the huge clone threads.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:23:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#31]
Originally Posted By pointman12:

What glitch is this? I see people post about it in all of the huge clone threads.
View All Quotes
Bump to ditch the glitch

I've only seen it in this thread, but for the first (I think 3) posts of a new page, the thread will only show the last full page as being the last page.

We're currently on page 982, however, in my "subscribed thread" section, when there was only one post on this page, it would still only show as there being 981 pages in the thread.  You then have to manually change the page number in the URL to get to page 982.

The glitch usually fixes itself after the first 3 posts on a new page.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:25:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#32]
Originally Posted By RJeff21:

I've only seen it in this thread, but for the first (I think 3) posts of a new page, the thread will only show the last full page as being the last page.

We're currently on page 982, however, in my "subscribed thread" section, when there was only one post on this page, it would still only show as there being 981 pages in the thread.  You then have to manually change the page number in the URL to get to page 982.

View All Quotes
Bump to ditch the glitch

Pointman, This is 100 percent correct. It's only this thread out of the clone threads, and the first 3 posts of a new page don't show until the 3rd or fourth post is made.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:39:46 PM EDT
[#33]

Pointman, This is 100 percent correct. It's only this thread out of the clone threads, and the first 3 posts of a new page don't show until the 3rd or fourth post is made.
View All Quotes
Bump to ditch the glitch

You can go to the next page by changing the page number in the URL address bar
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:50:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
Bump to ditch the glitch

Interdasting. Good loophole.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:15:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheDigitalPicasso] [#35]

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:38:13 AM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

No kidding.

Not sure if this is really for here or not. But it is rocking a lot of Block II items and it is 10th SFG.

U.S. Soldiers assigned to 1st Battalion, 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne) practice a variety of shooting techniques with their M4A1 rifles at Panzer Range Complex in Boebligen, Germany, Jan. 23, 2015

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:43:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By joglee:

No kidding.

Not sure if this is really for here or not. But it is rocking a lot of Block II items and it is 10th SFG.

U.S. Soldiers assigned to 1st Battalion, 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne) practice a variety of shooting techniques with their M4A1 rifles at Panzer Range Complex in Boebligen, Germany, Jan. 23, 2015

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/p480x480/10945531_10155165948990046_5053650872381929664_n.jpg?oh=c3bd8b6f876db2dbe0f5ede98e662f4d&oe=5521E82E&__gda__=1432535864_7b2a64e7610717cdb9a9bbfda82c5fbe
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By joglee:

No kidding.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/p480x480/10945531_10155165948990046_5053650872381929664_n.jpg?oh=c3bd8b6f876db2dbe0f5ede98e662f4d&oe=5521E82E&__gda__=1432535864_7b2a64e7610717cdb9a9bbfda82c5fbe

I thought about posting that in here when I first saw it, but it doesn't really belong. It's still a cool pic and the rifle on the left is especially interesting with the keymod rail.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:55:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:
[

I thought about posting that in here when I first saw it, but it doesn't really belong. It's still a cool pic and the rifle on the left is especially interesting with the keymod rail.
View Quote

Looks more like the alpha rail, like the one in the middle.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:59:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By schaffer:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By schaffer:
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:
[

It's a Troy SDMR rail. I have the full-size pic and you can easily see the little "keymods".
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:36:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Not mine but there is a DD RIS II FSP that looks damn near new in the EE for $350.00 dollars

Guy also has some KAC N4 flash hiders, KAC RAS rail and a boat load of B5 Gen 1 stock in black and specifically says they are NOT from the bad batch.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:12:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#41]
So after all of going back and forth between that PSA Premium FN stamped barrel and a COLT SOCOM, I decided to just go with a DD CHF 1/7 barrel. I ended up scoring a used DD barrel that the seller claims to have only 60 rounds threw it here on ARFCOM. Includes the DD low profile gas block and BCM MOD 0 compensator. Hell those comps are $80.00 and the DD gas block is what, $60.00 on it's own? Got everything for $275.00. Just the barrels run that much

I'm just going to do a Noveske / Daniel Defense BLOCK II mutt build. I don't care if it's kosher anymore. It will be close enough. Maybe had I been able to get a COLT M4-A1 SOCOM II lower I would have cared more but I wasn't shelling out that kind of money for a roll mark.

Ended up going with a Noveske Gen 1 non-Chainsaw lower with a full DD LPK, DD buffer tube assemble, BCM grip in black and a LMT Gen 1 in black.

For the upper I went with the DD RIS II FDE rail, Noveske Gen 1 non-Chainsaw upper, DD CHF 1/7, DD BCG and I'm going to finish i off with a newer style BCM charging handle.

I've already got a KAC Micro for the rear so I may pickup a Taupe sight if I can find one for a decent price and I'll be running a EXPS3.0-TAN and G33-TAN.

Sounds good enough to me.

OH and somewhere I have a Surefire Scout 600 on a Gear Sector mount but I have no idea where. I think I used it on my ski boat last year as a spot light. I'll have to go check one of the storage lockers.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:58:58 AM EDT
[#42]
So after all of going back and forth between that PSA Premium FN stamped barrel and a COLT SOCOM, I decided to just go with a DD CHF 1/7 barrel. I ended up scoring a used DD barrel that the seller claims to have only 60 rounds threw it here on ARFCOM. Includes the DD low profile gas block and BCM MOD 0 compensator. Hell those comps are $80.00 and the DD gas block is what, $60.00 on it's own? Got everything for $275.00. Just the barrels run that much

I'm just going to do a Noveske / Daniel Defense BLOCK II mutt build. I don't care if it's kosher anymore. It will be close enough. Maybe had I been able to get a COLT M4-A1 SOCOM II lower I would have cared more but I wasn't shelling out that kind of money for a roll mark.

Ended up going with a Noveske Gen 1 non-Chainsaw lower with a full DD LPK, DD buffer tube assemble, BCM grip in black and a LMT Gen 1 in black.

For the upper I went with the DD RIS II FDE rail, Noveske Gen 1 non-Chainsaw upper, DD CHF 1/7, DD BCG and I'm going to finish i off with a newer style BCM charging handle.

I've already got a KAC Micro for the rear so I may pickup a Taupe sight if I can find one for a decent price and I'll be running a EXPS3.0-TAN and G33-TAN.

OH and somewhere I have a Surefire Scout 600 on a Gear Sector mount but I have no idea where. I think I used it on my ski boat last year as a spot light. I'll have to go check one of the storage lockers.

View Quote

Operation Parts had Taupe KAC BUIS in stock earlier today.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 6:15:36 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

They still have 13 in stock...
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 6:28:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By OilfieldTrash78:

View All Quotes

Well there ya go!  I was too lazy to check if they were still in stock.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:07:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#45]

View All Quotes

You know what... I looked there and did not see it in-stock, all I saw was the "BLACK". However I had not actually clicked on the ad for the sight to see that you select your color.

They used to have them as separate items. Looks like they re-did their site.

Thanks!

Side note, which one of you scored the RIS II FSP I posted a link to lastnight? :)

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:04:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Is an ACOG ECOS TA31 in FDE and acceptable optic for a Block II?
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:08:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Just put my 553 up in the EE if anybody needs one. I'll be sad to see it go but I need an ACOG and want to give the cloners dibs
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:16:32 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

I think the TA01 ECOS is more correct but either one are good IMO. As you can see I like them both.

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 1:34:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By FONTY:

I think the TA01 ECOS is more correct but either one are good IMO. As you can see I like them both.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7458/12427199753_32ea3d74c2_o.png
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FONTY:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7458/12427199753_32ea3d74c2_o.png

Nice!

Owning both, which do you prefer?

My TA01-ECOS should arrive tomorrow. I'll be tossing it on one of my Block IIs. Just looks right on a Block II IMO.

Good timing as well, as it will free up the VCOG currently on that Block II for my KAC Mod 2 that should also be arriving this week as well.

Have a good chunk of my tax return spent before it's even made its way to my checking account. Now to explain to the wife how over half our tax return went towards a TA01-ECOS and Mod 2. Fortunately, she's long been very accepting of my BRD.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 6:17:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Considering selling the Block 2 upper and going the 1.5 route. I have had 2 Block 2 uppers now. I will regret this I'm sure
Page / 911
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top