Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 911
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 6:21:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By barny:
Considering selling the Block 2 upper and going the 1.5 route. I have had 2 Block 2 uppers now. I will regret this I'm sure
View Quote

Trade your block II upper for my 1.5 upper?
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 6:25:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Glitch ditch!
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#3]
ARFCOM Community service- glitch ditch #2
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 6:32:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Considering selling the Block 2 upper and going the 1.5 route. I have had 2 Block 2 uppers now. I will regret this I'm sure

If you are serious we can take this to PM
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#5]

View All Quotes

Pm me
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 6:42:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm mid 3rd BLOCK II build and now I'm wishing I had gone 1.5 too! Cheaper! :)
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 7:04:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:
I'm mid 3rd BLOCK II build and now I'm wishing I had gone 1.5 too! Cheaper! :)
View Quote

Not that it's cheaper, I just get bored with my set up
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

I'm thinking the same....already have a spare TA31 RCO acog sitting on the shelf but, with my Block I already setup w/a TA01 NSN, I'm wondering if I really need to do a 1.5 w/ another acog.

I may just put it together anyway and have it share the Block II lower.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By fastfoot:

I'm thinking the same....already have a spare TA31 RCO acog sitting on the shelf but, with my Block I already setup w/a TA01 NSN, I'm wondering if I really need to do a 1.5 w/ another acog.

View All Quotes

Get an Elcan for the 1.5 setup.  One of the better 14.5" setups IMO.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 8:39:04 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

Whatz going down Mr. Foot
Good to see you out and about.
(Idk why im talking to you like you got in a car accident or something )
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

I've been lurking the EE and BCM and PSA....

trying to decide if/how I'd do the 1.5 PR so far it's either a PSA FN CHF 1/7 14.7 pinned w/a A2 or the BCM SOCOM 14.5 w/a non pinned A2 and get it done w/a SF3P.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#12]

trying to decide if/how I'd do the 1.5 PR so far it's either a PSA FN CHF 1/7 14.7 pinned w/a A2 or the BCM SOCOM 14.5 w/a non pinned A2 and get it done w/a SF3P.
View All Quotes

SOCOM profile bbl for the win brah. Save them government profile bbl's for them guys that don't even lift, bro.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 8:59:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By RJeff21:

View All Quotes

Oh no!, Then I'd have a ACOG sitting around trying to figure out how to turn itself into another build.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 9:04:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fastfoot] [#14]
"SOCOM profile bbl for the win brah. Save them government profile bbl's for them guys that don't even lift, bro."

The weight is not a prob, I'm looking at the PSA FN for the CHF durability and being in a 14.7 I can pin the A2 for legality w/o the 200$ SBR B.S. since I'm not looking to suppress anytime soon, this would be a range/plinker I could run for a while.

The BCM SOCOM in 14.5 w/a SF3P I would look to do a can for later down the road.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 9:26:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#15]
"SOCOM profile bbl for the win brah. Save them government profile bbl's for them guys that don't even lift, bro."

The weight is not a prob, I'm looking at the PSA FN for the CHF durability and being in a 14.7 I can pin the A2 for legality w/o the 200$ SBR B.S. since I'm not looking to suppress anytime soon, this would be a range/plinker I could run for a while.

The BCM SOCOM in 14.5 w/a SF3P I would look to do a can for later down the road.
View Quote

Up to you buddy. I stick with 14.5 w/ pinned A2X tho, and I cant stamp a can or an SBR here anyways

Eta- im trading my 1.5 for a block II Wednesday. I'm gonna miss this upper, but onto bigger and better things
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 9:31:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Up to you buddy. I stick with 14.5 w/ pinned A2X tho, and I cant stamp a can or an SBR here anyways

Eta- im trading my 1.5 for a block II Wednesday. I'm gonna miss this upper, but onto bigger and better things
View All Quotes

Nice! ya keeping the SU-231 for the Block II ?
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 10:20:01 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

Yessir
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 10:26:49 PM EDT
[#18]
"Nice! ya keeping the SU-231 for the Block II ?"

"Yessir "

Cool! Get a KAC 99051BLK and throw some black ladder rail covers on it,
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 10:29:20 PM EDT
[#19]
"Nice! ya keeping the SU-231 for the Block II ?"

"Yessir "

Cool! Get a KAC 99051BLK and throw some black ladder rail covers on it,
View Quote

You know it!
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 10:59:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm still looking for a 14.5" Ris II upper. For reals.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 3:34:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Green Berets from 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne) train U.S. Air Force Joint Tactical Air Coordination Airmen on advance rifle marksmanship on Fort Bragg, N.C. January 30, 2015.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#22]
I think this Block II is finally complete:

Took off the TD QD VFG, VCOG and AAC M4-2000 in favor of a KAC handstop, TA01-ECOS and no can.

So much handier with the TA01 and no can. With the M4A1 RIS II and a can, these Block IIs can be insanely front heavy. Think this rifle has seen its last days wearing a can.

Also glad Geno was able to track me down another KAC "tan" taupe front sight:

I'm not much a fan of that baby poop green color a lot of the KAC taupe front sights are.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 5:17:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p500/AR-Ryan21/5C8F2F2E-847E-4041-A38A-643283957DE8_zpspcmfkpha.jpg

Took off the TD QD VFG, VCOG and AAC M4-2000 in favor of a KAC handstop, TA01-ECOS and no can.

So much handier with the TA01 and no can. With the M4A1 RIS II and a can, these Block IIs can be insanely front heavy. Think this rifle has seen its last days wearing a can.

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p500/AR-Ryan21/023B8082-26C7-485B-8DCF-5217E4E3E95D_zpsh8jmoukf.jpg

I'm not much a fan of that baby poop green color a lot of the KAC taupe front sights are.
View Quote

Looks a lot like mine! Yeah, I really don't know why KAC started making them in that weird shade. I much prefer my earlier version since it's damn near a perfect match for the RIS II.

Other than the shitty eye relief, how are you liking the TA01 so far?
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 5:27:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

Looks a lot like mine! Yeah, I really don't know why KAC started making them in that weird shade. I much prefer my earlier version since it's damn near a perfect match for the RIS II.

View All Quotes

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p500/AR-Ryan21/5C8F2F2E-847E-4041-A38A-643283957DE8_zpspcmfkpha.jpg

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p500/AR-Ryan21/023B8082-26C7-485B-8DCF-5217E4E3E95D_zpsh8jmoukf.jpg

I've only had a chance to play a bit of yard commando with it thus far, but aside from the eye relief, I am very impressed.

As expected, the glass is killer. I also really like the reticle. This is the first I've looked through an ACOG with the crosshair reticle. The crosshair is really fine and crisp. Should work great for more precise shots.

I'm also more of a fan of the piggybacked RMR than I expected. I've used higher powered variable scopes with an RDS piggybacked on top before, and it didn't really feel right at all to me - especially in comparison to using an offset RDS instead.

I find the piggybacked RMR on top of the TA01 very usable though.

I'm supposed to meet Thunder this Saturday afternoon at a newer local indoor range I've yet to check out. It's only 25 yards, but I'll at least get to run the TA01-ECOS through a few paces then.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#25]

I've only had a chance to play a bit of yard commando with it thus far, but aside from the eye relief, I am very impressed.

As expected, the glass is killer. I also really like the reticle. This is the first I've looked through an ACOG with the crosshair reticle. The crosshair is really fine and crisp. Should work great for more precise shots.

I'm also more of a fan of the piggybacked RMR than I expected. I've used higher powered variable scopes with an RDS piggybacked on top before, and it didn't really feel right at all to me - especially in comparison to using an offset RDS instead.

I'm supposed to meet Thunder this Saturday afternoon at a newer local indoor range I've yet to check out. It's only 25 yards, but I'll at least get to run the TA01-ECOS through a few paces then.
View All Quotes

Just couldn't help myself Ryan - so you like piggybacked MRDS after all?  Remember this epic back and forth no so long ago (offset vs piggyback MRDS: LINK)?  

Full disclosure, at that time I was working on a custom MRDS mount for the Leupold MK8 CQBSS mount at 1 o'clock, similar to LT137.  I wanted the MRDS at 1 o'clock, so it would still be kind of ambidextrous and can maintain a cheek weld, if done right.  This was after I tried Burkett's offset mount.

Cheers Ryan.  Nice middy block 2.  

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 6:30:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR-Ryan21] [#26]

In fairness, I said I like the piggybacked RMR more than expected. It's still not as usable as an offset RDS, as you lose your cheekweld.

The RMR on top of the TA01 is definitely a usable setup. I surely can't complain.

Once again though, it's not as usable as an offset RDS would be.

ETA - page ownage:

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 7:03:20 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

That is one clean looking BLOCK II rifle my friend! By clean I mean simple and well thought out. Practical tactical! :)

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#28]

That is one clean looking BLOCK II rifle my friend! By clean I mean simple and well thought out. Practical tactical! :)

View All Quotes

Thank you, sir.

Page bump post to fix the glitch.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 7:24:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ihcnehc:

Just couldn't help myself Ryan - so you like piggybacked MRDS after all?  Remember this epic back and forth no so long ago (offset vs piggyback MRDS: LINK)?  

Full disclosure, at that time I was working on a custom MRDS mount for the Leupold MK8 CQBSS mount at 1 o'clock, similar to LT137.  I wanted the MRDS at 1 o'clock, so it would still be kind of ambidextrous and can maintain a cheek weld, if done right.  This was after I tried Burkett's offset mount.

View All Quotes

If you're transitioning to a MRDS whether it be offset or piggybacked, stock weld is usually no longer a concern for a quick, close in shot or shots.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Fair enough, but I can keep my cheekweld with an offset RDS. I find myself more precise that way.

Take a fixed 4x optic like the TA01. Even with 50 yard rapid engagements, I'd clearly opt for the offset or piggybacked RDS. I'm going to be more precise with the offset RDS because of the cheekweld.

That's all I'm saying.

With a quick and close shot, precision and cheekweld won't matter all that much. I get that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Fair enough, but I can keep my cheekweld with an offset RDS. I find myself more precise that way.

Take a fixed 4x optic like the TA01. Even with 50 yard rapid engagements, I'd clearly opt for the offset or piggybacked RDS. I'm going to be more precise with the offset RDS because of the cheekweld.

That's all I'm saying.

With a quick and close shot, precision and cheekweld won't matter all that much. I get that.
View Quote

I hear ya, killer. Heck, you don't even need sights for the close in stuff.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#32]

That's all I'm saying.

View Quote

I hear ya, killer. Heck, you don't even need sights for the close in stuff.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 8:00:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ihcnehc] [#33]

Originally Posted By warpig8654:
If you're transitioning to a MRDS whether it be offset or piggybacked, stock weld is usually no longer a concern for a quick, close in shot or shots.
View All Quotes

Agreed.  For close distance, one can just look down barrel and shoot.

For me, the small window can easily be missed when twisting the gun.  Cheek weld helps in terms of finding the dot.  This is similar to some people taking longer for the first shot with a pistol with MRDS.  Also, with laser, light, and the scope (CQBSS) itself, I lost some peripheral vision as well.  I first 3D printed a top half ring that mounts a MRDS, but decided not to proceed any further.  I am right handed, so if I were to mount a MRDS with a scope, I prefer it to be at 12 or 1 o'clock, for it is ambidextrous and less snag hazard.  Similar to this setup below.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Well its been a while since I've shot my Block II, I may take advantage of that deal Trijicon has going for those in during the GWOT, I think she needs an ACOG to go with the EOTech! 1500 rounds through that Block II and ~1200 through that Mk18, and I have to say, I feel like these are the only two ARs I need!
" />
Here she is with her little sister, my Mk 18, and my M45, also please excuse the iPotato pic. Ill eventually have both rifles set up almost identically with their lights, sling mounting, and stock.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Arson8Ball:
Well its been a while since I've shot my Block II, I may take advantage of that deal Trijicon has going for those in during the GWOT, I think she needs an ACOG to go with the EOTech! 1500 rounds through that Block II and ~1200 through that Mk18, and I have to say, I feel like these are the only two ARs I need!
http://<a href=http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag312/Arson8Ball/BlockII%201911%20Mk18_zpsgjn3c9sj.jpg</a>" />
Here she is with her little sister, my Mk 18, and my M45, also please excuse the iPotato pic. Ill eventually have both rifles set up almost identically with their lights, sling mounting, and stock.
View Quote

Best familily photo ever. Those are the only 3 weapons a man could need. In a couple days i'll be able to play in this thread, can't fucking wait. Just need a KAC front sight and a WMX (going to use a M952V to get by until then)
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:26:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Anyone know a source for an FDE RIS II FSP?  :(
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:01:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By wombato:
View Quote

Perhaps a WTB ad in the EE might be your best chance on the second hand market. Folks have been scoring them there. I think they have dried up on the retail market since DD's announcement a year or two ago. Or, you can prolly purchase one on a complete upper.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:21:41 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

You just missed one by a day! There was just one in the EE for $350.00 too, not that is helps you now. Point being yeah, watch the EE. Everyone is dumping them.

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:22:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Hey has anyone seen any B5 Bravo stocks out in the wild yet? Personally owned or unit level etc?
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#40]

You just missed one by a day! There was just one in the EE for $350.00 too, not that is helps you now. Point being yeah, watch the EE. Everyone is dumping them.

View All Quotes

not this guy.  the fsp is the master race of irons.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 2:09:11 PM EDT
[#41]

Originally Posted By SilkyJohnson:
View All Quotes

I've seen half a dozen or more BLOCK II RIS II uppers sold or parted out and a couple like 3 FSP models sold or parted out over the past few weeks. Not sure why!

Really kicking myself in the ass for not getting one that was offered to me for $650.00 dollars, someone pm'ed me and offered me a full complete 14.5 pinned/welded with SOCOM barrel, rail and BCG for $650.00 dollars, no sights.

I was short on cash and I already had my stripped upper and rail. I thought about selling the rail and just buying that upper. I should have.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 2:27:18 PM EDT
[#42]

I've seen half a dozen or more BLOCK II RIS II uppers sold or parted out and a couple like 3 FSP models sold or parted out over the past few weeks. Not sure why!

Really kicking myself in the ass for not getting one that was offered to me for $650.00 dollars, someone pm'ed me and offered me a full complete 14.5 pinned/welded with SOCOM barrel, rail and BCG for $650.00 dollars, no sights.

I was short on cash and I already had my stripped upper and rail. I thought about selling the rail and just buying that upper. I should have.
View All Quotes

The last FSP I bought, I got for $650:  SOCOM barrel, FSP RIS, pinned SF3P, complete BCG/CH, Match rear.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Hey has anyone seen any B5 Bravo stocks out in the wild yet? Personally owned or unit level etc?
View Quote

Its hard to tell from pics from a distance, but I know the Army has purchased B5's, which is what made B5 popular and an acceptable choice to the LMT. LMT is considered "more correct" because there are more LMT's in use, but both are correct.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 2:34:23 PM EDT
[#44]

Perhaps a WTB ad in the EE might be your best chance on the second hand market. Folks have been scoring them there. I think they have dried up on the retail market since DD's announcement a year or two ago. Or, you can prolly purchase one on a complete upper.
View All Quotes

Agreed. Best bet by far is the EE or buying a brand new upper from DD, you could try gunbroker too
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 6:57:33 PM EDT
[#45]

Its hard to tell from pics from a distance, but I know the Army has purchased B5's, which is what made B5 popular and an acceptable choice to the LMT. LMT is considered "more correct" because there are more LMT's in use, but both are correct.
View All Quotes

He's specifically talking about the Bravo model, which is the slimmed down version with no storage tubes.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 7:14:32 PM EDT
[#46]

He's specifically talking about the Bravo model, which is the slimmed down version with no storage tubes.
View All Quotes

Oh shit, I didn't catch the Bravo part. Good eye bro. Roadblock, no I haven't seen any bravo's in use. I don't think the bravo is crane designed either, I think its just a commercial spin off from the SOPMOD enhanced.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 11:38:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Cross posting for the few guys who don't go to the MK18 thread, I'm currently taking orders for mil std 130 tesa secure UID labels. These will be laser printed and cut just like the real deal

Here are the two constructs I'm planning to have done

Cage 13629 for Colt, Cage 75117 (DEPT OF THE ARMY ANNISTON ARMY DEPOT) for anyone who doesn't want a Colt label
Group buy price is now $5 per label shipped to you
Please PM with "I'll take X Colt or ANAD labels", and if you want a custom serial to match your lower. Otherwise the serial will be a random generated number based on the serials pictured. I'm not going to take any money until they are printed and in my hands. I'm looking to wrap up everything and send the list off to the printer this weekend, so don't hesitate. I will be keeping around 30 extra labels for future buyers but this is the only chance to get your own serial number.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 11:55:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By asmig:
Cross posting for the few guys who don't go to the MK18 thread, I'm currently taking orders for mil std 130 tesa secure UID labels. These will be laser printed and cut just like the real deal

Here are the two constructs I'm planning to have done
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7282/16361331796_8a3152ccb2_b.jpg
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7459/15764862874_dc3b2483a2_b.jpg
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8626/16199675468_c17d15cf8c_o.jpg
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7448/16386392312_fc825fb3e0_b.jpg

Cage 13629 for Colt, Cage 75117 (DEPT OF THE ARMY ANNISTON ARMY DEPOT) for anyone who doesn't want a Colt label
Please PM with "I'll take X Colt or ANAD labels", and if you want a custom serial to match your lower. Otherwise the serial will be a random generated number based on the serials pictured. I'm not going to take any money until they are printed and in my hands. I'm looking to wrap up everything and send the list off to the printer this weekend, so don't hesitate. I will be keeping around 30 extra labels for future buyers but this is the only chance to get your own serial number.
View Quote

I didn't know there was a non Colt cage code for these. Would definitely be interested in a few of those. I'll shoot you a PM later when I'm home.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 12:05:13 AM EDT
[#49]
I scored a RCO for a good price a few days ago. Thinking about buying a bcm 14.5 socom this weekend before their BCG deal runs out and putting a ris fsp when funds allow. Is the ris2 fsp an easy install? Like I said. I want to get the upper (pinned and welded) now and just buy the rail system at some point in the next few weeks. Might as well take advantage of a free bcm BCG
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 12:40:09 AM EDT
[#50]

I didn't know there was a non Colt cage code for these. Would definitely be interested in a few of those. I'll shoot you a PM later when I'm home.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By asmig:

Yep, been available the whole time

I wanted to have an option that gave the opportunity to include all the non Colt lowers. Doing many different Cage codes wasn't cost effective since every for every two Cage codes there would be another laser setup fee. I noticed 75117 multiple times when I was researching the constructs of the labels and found out about Anniston. Since they handle a wide variety of small arms there and their label can be seen on block II rifles I felt they were the best choice.

http://www.army.mil/article/121783/Anniston_Army_Depot_to_modify_Army_M4_carbines/

http://www.anad.army.mil/brochure.shtml#
Page / 911
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top