Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2015 2:28:54 AM EDT

$40, Local Home Depot

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bernzomatic-TS4000KC-Trigger-Start-Torch-Kit-336634/203368730

$20, Local Jewelry Supply Store. Be sure to buy 65% silver solder paste!

Applied the paste, being sure to not let it run to the top 1/4th of the threads (to make sure it doesn't seep to the crown when it starts flowing.
Leveled it.
I heated it up with the Map torch until the brake got red, pointing it to the brake at an angle away from the barrel, started seeing red liquid seeping from the back of the threads (solver solder melting).
Let it cool down.
Tried to torque it off (which of course, it didn't) and boom! it's done all in one day. (15 mins)

No $60 on a gun smith and no 1 week wait. Done precisely at home (I'm OCD about the brake being level). And I have the stuff to heat up the brake to remove it, as well as do other Silver Solder jobs.

This is my first 14.5". I can definitely notice the difference. I love the size and having the 21oz suppressor back 1.5" more helps with the balance. It's worth it if you're running a can IMO. Shorter rail brings stuff back more (light, front sight, etc). If you're going to run a small muzzle device on a 16" and a long one on the 14.5", it's pointless. But me, being stuck to the 2" Saker mount, this is awesome.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 1:06:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Sweet
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 11:28:31 PM EDT
[#2]
So how does that work? Do you still put a pin in it?
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 5:53:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Here is a link to a ten page thread on attaching a muzzle device using high temp Silver Solder...

LINK
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 7:05:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Here is a link to a ten page thread on attaching a muzzle device using high temp Silver Solder...

LINK
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LINK

Yeah it was really easy. I can notice the difference with my 21oz Saker suppressor.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 11:37:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

LINK
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LINK

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 11:37:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

LINK
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LINK

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 12:28:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Will 1100 degrees discolor a melonite barrel or muzzle device?

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 3:41:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Didn't on my AAC Blackout
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#9]
The barrel just a little bit. Muzzle device, not really. My trifecta brake is already coated in carbon that won't come off so it doesn't matter.

I suggest working up. Getting it red hot, letting it cool for about an hour, then check torque. If it's not enough, get it even hotter and work up. If you sit there, getting the barrel and muzzle device hot for longer than needed, it will discolor the barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top