Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/18/2019 6:48:05 PM EDT
I saw that there was mention online of a new fostech trigger for around 260 or so. It was mentioned that this model uses our MilSpec selectors which would be great! Does anyone have any firsthand info on this?

Eta link to info on post 3.

It seems strange to me that only one online store on the internet has this product listed. I intend to call and get some clarifying info on this later.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 6:50:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I saw that there was mention online of a new fostech trigger for around 260 or so. It was mentioned that this model uses our MilSpec selectors which would be great! Does anyone have any firsthand info on this?
View Quote
First I've heard of it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 7:00:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Https://www.provenoutfitters.com/echo-trigger-sport
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#3]
What I found unusual is that when I looked for info on fostech’s site The trigger is not listed.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 9:03:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Eta link to info on post 3.
View Quote
Maybe this isn't a binary, but just the semi version of the trigger, as the one FosTech I got to play with was actually very nice and crisp aside from having the binary function. I got the Franklin Armory BFSIII in a pistol, that is pretty cool, but in terms of comparison, the FosTech is actually a quality trigger combined with a Binary Function that is actually worth the money, where as the Franklin Armory has the Binary Function, but is a slightly above average trigger, nothing in comparison to LaRue or Geissele, but the FosTech is.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 9:24:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like you could easily drop a Wolff XP spring on the new model and use it with 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 10:41:41 PM EDT
[#6]
The email I received from proven arms states that this is definitely a binary. Notice also the states that do not allow this trigger. Nd is listed and correct as they do not allow binary triggers.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 11:07:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I wonder if this would run with a cmmg 22lr conversion.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 11:11:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
My thoughts too.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 11:15:30 PM EDT
[#9]
If they are still using their soft cast parts, not interested. Too many threads showing firing pin dents in the hammer and parts breaking.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 11:21:03 PM EDT
[#10]
i was about to pick up a bfs 3 for a clone build but this looks like it might be worth a try
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:00:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
i was about to pick up a bfs 3 for a clone build but this looks like it might be worth a try
View Quote
The BFSIII is a good trigger, but the FosTech Echo Gen II, on top of being binary, is actually a really good trigger, I would put it up there with Geissele, LaRue, KAC, LMT, and etc etc... The BFSIII is good to go, I have one but its not anything to special outside that it has a Binary Mode, still better IMO, than a standard AR15 trigger, but nothing special. The FosTech Echo II you are paying for the Binary Function, as well as a clean crisp trigger on Semi, as well as its' Binary mode, throwing that out for you.

I am interested to see what this trigger is about, anyone found definitive information on it yet?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:54:19 AM EDT
[#12]
That casting looks really bad.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:10:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 9:53:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Ok update.

I just called Fostech and they were quite surprised to hear that info on this was out already. They asked me who the online sales vendor was as apparently there are not many of these in the wild yet.

Facts: it is binary and it uses your existing selector. It does not go into the 3rd position like the echo 2 does. Instead it has a paddle or lever that is above the trigger guard that moves this from semi to binary while the selector is in position number 2.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 10:03:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 10:10:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Looks like they dropped the timing control.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 10:11:43 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote
I have no pictures.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 10:17:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 10:20:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Ok thanks

See that little round thing in front of the trigger? I think per my conversation that is the item that you manipulate to enter binary mode.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 10:21:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Is that rust?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 10:26:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Is that rust?
View Quote
No, it's their funky parts forming process.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 11:18:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Https://www.provenoutfitters.com/echo-trigger-sport
View Quote
Wow.  It looks like it may be less fragile.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well the Echo II does.  You will probably need to change the recoil spring and shorten the other spring.

CMMG Echo II
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 4:44:50 PM EDT
[#24]
$300 and you have to turn something... a "paddle" to switch from semi to binary? Seems like this is geared towards the person that has to have their aftermarket safety selector they paid $100 for.

You can get Franklin Armory AR15 Binary Triggers for $300-$330 if you look around, they are select-fire, and rock-n-roll.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 5:50:11 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm in for sure if the price comes down. The Gen I version got down to $459 INCLUDING a bolt carrier, then for Gen II they fixed some issues it was STILL $459 with NO bolt carrier. Prices have been dropping recently - I've seen $359 several places. If this version will work better and get to under $300, I'll try it. Just ordered 1K of 7.62x39 steel case that would go well with this trigger.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm in for sure if the price comes down. The Gen I version got down to $459 INCLUDING a bolt carrier, then for Gen II they fixed some issues it was STILL $459 with NO bolt carrier. Prices have been dropping recently - I've seen $359 several places. If this version will work better and get to under $300, I'll try it. Just ordered 1K of 7.62x39 steel case that would go well with this trigger.
View Quote
I picked up my Gen 2 Echo for $299.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 6:10:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I picked up my Gen 2 Echo for $299.
View Quote
Classic Firearms? I do a gun.deals check on a regular basis, and I saw that deal had happened, but I missed it and haven't seen it since. I think we'll see it again by April - maybe even less?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 6:12:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Classic Firearms? I do a gun.deals check on a regular basis, and I saw that deal had happened, but I missed it and haven't seen it since. I think we'll see it again by April - maybe even less?
View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 6:30:22 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Looks like it's made out of cork?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 8:00:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Very interesting. I think I'll pass though. I kind of like the feel of flipping that selector to the taboo third position. It seems more normal on an AR15 than some paddle too.

I think the Echo will continue to go down in price over time and maybe settle in the $250 range. After all, they are probably making them pretty cheap now since they've been out for a while.

Fostech is a strange bird. They made us Version-1 buyers wait like a year until they delivered their first batch in a flood, even though we had already paid our deposits. I sometimes wonder if they did so to generate money to cover investments made, or work out kinks, fund R&D, or God knows what. I feel B is the right answer since the V-1s required their BCGs, but then the V2s that came out soon after didn't. To add to their oddness, they initially sold a modified part to convert V1s to V2s, then those disappeared from their website. The guys waiting for their AK Echos are going through the same thing - pay now, wait forever to get your triggers. I wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to figure out how to replace their ghastly AK selector with a standard one.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 8:18:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Blah, I like the BFS better than my Echo.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:04:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have the gen II echo - it is awesome.  Got it from Classicfirearms for 386 delivered including taxes and shipping.  Parts seem to be well made.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:32:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That will be priority #1 for us as soon as we get our hands on it.
View Quote
I hope so, get it done I really want one for my AK!
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:31:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 7:26:39 PM EDT
[#37]
How much of the new Echo is MIM? I already have an extensive amount of rounds through mine, but I have a nagging dislike of MIM parts even though done right they are fine. Also the binary to semi selector on the Sport kind of reminds me of the FAMAS's selector.

Kind of off topic, but thank you for sharing the Echo selector and spring replacements, I ordered a set of the m16 style selectors and a spring.

My only other question is, I have one of the first gen 2s that shipped out, and it has the short trigger, would it be worthwhile to send it to fostech to get it exchanged before I start tinkering with my trigger unit?
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 8:04:44 PM EDT
[#38]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O14zc-GNfQ

Fostech just released a new video "Echo Sport Introduction". This is the first place I have seen them publicly announce the trigger.
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O14zc-GNfQ

Fostech just released a new video "Echo Sport Introduction". This is the first place I have seen them publicly announce the trigger.
View Quote
Did you a favor.
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 8:37:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#41]
I'll take the AR-II. Somebody somewhere, probably inexperienced shooter, is going to point the gun up in the same position as Andrew did in the video, and then release the trigger before switching the paddle, sending a round off into who knows what. I think Fostech is exposing themselves to unnecessary risk by offering this design - "but I DID push the paddle". Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 9:26:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 10:00:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Fired it today.

Echo with upgrades > echo sport

I am biased however
View Quote
Thank you for updating us on the trigger and sharing the photos.

Did it function as intended? No failures/hammer follows? Mag dumps?
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 12:03:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 2:51:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

No failures at all. I can outrun a BFS no and have to consciously slow down to avoid hammer follow. With either echo, no hammer follows semi or echo regardless of how fast I pull the trigger.
View Quote
Thank you for sharing. I love my BFS and I worked out all the kinks except I still get the occasional hammer follow, which bugs me. I'm really looking at the fostech echos hard now though.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 4:58:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

A lighter carrier will stop hammer follow. I’m running a J.P. Enterprises LMOS QPQ carrier and of all the shooters who have tried to outrun the carrier no one has been successful.
View Quote
I am running an AIM Lightweight BCG 8.9 oz. Standard Carbine Buffer Spring. H1 Buffer. 10.5" Barrel w/ carbine length gas tube. DI. Keep it pretty wet when I do mag dumps.

Edit: I just looked at the JP LMOS QPQ BCG and noticed it is 8.8 oz.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#48]
"Thank you" to the guys at Trigger Depot for the post, info, pics, and opinions. I'm happy to see they were sincere in their review and not just promoting what could be a turd.

I'll hand it to Fostech, they're pretty creative, but that's as far as I go. Man, I just can't bring myself to like the new Echo at any price. I don't like that paddle seashell thing sticking out in front of the trigger, it just looks out of place. I don't like the fact that I can't cancel that extra shot by flipping the selector. Finally, I enjoy being able to flip the selector to the third position, which you can't on this one - I can't explain it, but it feels like Echo belongs in the third position.

If I could spend one minute with Fostech, I'd tell them to ask what that customers want? Leave their current basic design alone, but focus on manufacturing better quality parts that go in the design. Improve what you have - better machined parts, better trigger feel (spring), improved feel selector, lower price. The price will go down as long as you stick with the basics and focus on making lots of them. As for the AK Echo, get rid of that ridiculous selector - any AK fan will tell you it's an abortion. And finally, if you feel the itch to develop something new, work on an MP-5 Echo.  I think that particular market is set to explode and Franklin is already ahead of you.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 11:24:28 AM EDT
[#49]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dCf1D0gYM8

New video review & shooting of the Fostech Echo Sport.

Edit: I can't figure out how to embed videos so here is the link...
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 8:54:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dCf1D0gYM8

New video review & shooting of the Fostech Echo Sport.

Edit: I can't figure out how to embed videos so here is the link...
View Quote
FosTech Echo Sport vs. FosTech Echo ARII Triggers review!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top