Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2024 11:21:12 PM EDT
Now that NoDak is no longer making their own lower receivers, who else is making high quality receivers sans any logo? The lower I got for my 604 build was fantastic.

I shoulda bought a couple of full fence lowers while they were still cranking them out.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 11:47:47 PM EDT
[#1]
nvrmnd
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 11:53:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 11:56:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
H&R is still making great lowers thanks to Mike.  PSA has a stealth lower with no roll mark.
View Quote

Also Anderson.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 11:58:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
H&R is still making great lowers thanks to Mike.  PSA has a stealth lower with no roll mark.
View Quote

Yes, I understand that H&R is using the forgings (?) from NoDak, or something like that, but they are all marked.

As for the PSA lower, would the quality be the same as what NoDak was producing? I know NoDak lowers were in-spec.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 12:24:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yes, I understand that H&R is using the forgings (?) from NoDak, or something like that, but they are all marked.

As for the PSA lower, would the quality be the same as what NoDak was producing? I know NoDak lowers were in-spec.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  H&R is still making great lowers thanks to Mike.  PSA has a stealth lower with no roll mark.

PSA & Anderson are two of the largest gun manufacturers in the United States.  PSA's QC is likely better than Anderson's and their customer service is pretty good, if slow.

They're all 7075 lowers w/ Type 3 anodizing, machined to AR-15 specs from raw forgings.  I don't know what more quality you want than that - more expensive lowers you're paying for QC to catch an error, rather than any improved quality of the lower itself, or you're paying for ambi features, or QD holes, or integrated folding buffer tube hinges.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 12:54:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 2:21:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Mckay Enterprises

Not the best product photography, but beautiful machining! No logo.

https://products.mckay-ent.com/mckay-parts/mckay-parts-5680/ar-15-a2-lower-receiver-3403725
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 8:07:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Spikes makes one.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 9:37:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Spikes makes one.
View Quote

Lose the pictograms and they wouldn't be half bad.

Much better that the dueling dongs of past days though.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Came to post this
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 10:55:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Also Anderson.
View Quote

That's what I use, but not sure they meet the "high quality" prerequisite of OP

Link Posted: 6/28/2024 11:30:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Also Anderson.

A lower is either in spec or it ain't.  Anderson lets out of spec blems through at a higher rate than other manufacturers - they skimp on their QC to keep their prices low.  I'm paying under $50 for Andersons from my distributors, and we regularly see them blown out at PA for $30 on sale.  If you get a bad one, Anderson will send you another one.  But 87% of Andersons have the exact dimensions of 90% of Spikes, with the exact same anodizing thickness.  If you're getting a Spikes, you're paying for the QC of that extra 3%.

Obviously my #s are made up, I expect a much higher percentage of Andersons are in spec, and even more by Spikes.  But ARFCOM obliges me to use standard made up numbers.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 1:08:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

A lower is either in spec or it ain't.  Anderson lets out of spec blems through at a higher rate than other manufacturers - they skimp on their QC to keep their prices low.  I'm paying under $50 for Andersons from my distributors, and we regularly see them blown out at PA for $30 on sale.  If you get a bad one, Anderson will send you another one.  But 87% of Andersons have the exact dimensions of 90% of Spikes, with the exact same anodizing thickness.  If you're getting a Spikes, you're paying for the QC of that extra 3%.

Obviously my #s are made up, I expect a much higher percentage of Andersons are in spec, and even more by Spikes.  But ARFCOM obliges me to use standard made up numbers.  
View Quote

Ya, I've never had a problem.  I buy the 3-packs for $89
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 2:58:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Spikes makes one.

Yeah, I gotta agree on the pictograms. That woulda been a good lower to get.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#15]

That’s what I am talking about. What’s the word on the quality?

ETA: Jus noticed they didn’t even put “safe” or “fire.” That really is a LOW KEY lower!
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 3:02:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Mckay Enterprises

https://products.mckay-ent.com/mckay-parts/mckay-parts-5680/ar-15-a2-lower-receiver-3403725
View Quote

Another possible choice. Too bad the stock picture sucks.

Link Posted: 6/28/2024 3:11:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mckay Enterprises

Excellent lowers, IME.

Edit: Really wish Range Tool would come back around with their lowers.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 4:53:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

ETA: Jus noticed they didn’t even put “safe” or “fire.” That really is a LOW KEY lower!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I mostly see them used for Fallout: New Vegas builds and haven't noticed any complaints yet. I don't personally own one yet but will probably get a custom-marked one eventually.

If it matters to you, they have an M16-cut trigger pocket and the company founder has said on Reddit that he tries to make them as close to the TDP as possible.
We make them to the print. We hold the low side on almost everything. All holes are reamed to size after drill. Front lug is cut at .500” with a key cutter so it’s on size every time. We hold the rear lug at .500” to .501”. Everyone bitches if they wobble in the slightest or if they are tight and you need pressure to open them. Can’t win either way. If you get one that’s actually out of spec, we’ll gladly replace it or make you a new one.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 10:49:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I mostly see them used for Fallout: New Vegas builds and haven't noticed any complaints yet. I don't personally own one yet but will probably get a custom-marked one eventually.

If it matters to you, they have an M16-cut trigger pocket and the company founder has said on Reddit that he tries to make them as close to the TDP as possible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We make them to the print. We hold the low side on almost everything. All holes are reamed to size after drill. Front lug is cut at .500” with a key cutter so it’s on size every time. We hold the rear lug at .500” to .501”. Everyone bitches if they wobble in the slightest or if they are tight and you need pressure to open them. Can’t win either way. If you get one that’s actually out of spec, we’ll gladly replace it or make you a new one.

Good info! Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 11:20:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

They offer them with pictogram and also with SAFE/FIRE markings as well.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 9:27:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 9:10:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Mike holds H&R to tighter specs but PSA lowers are all milspec.  Why would you think they werent?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike holds H&R to tighter specs but PSA lowers are all milspec.  Why would you think they werent?

B/c they're not a lower shelf?
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 9:25:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess I don’t expect cheaper lowers to have consistent quality control.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 8:39:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Spikes makes one.

The Anderson no-logo lowers have pictograms also.  I wish they would loose theirs.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 9:20:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The Anderson no-logo lowers have pictograms also.  I wish they would loose theirs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Spikes makes one.

Yeah, I have a few squirreled away.

Unfortunately pictogram markings seem to have gained popularity.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 9:35:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 1:25:44 PM EDT
[#27]
I have over a dozen Anderson no logo lowers and they are 100% good to go.  I’ve never had that first problem with them.  My only complaints are they don’t have the pictographs on both sides and the don’t put full auto pictographs on them.  Neither are needed or probably even wanted by most people but I like them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top