BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 1194
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:55:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone have any suppressor cover recommendations that would be a good fit for the AEM5?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:59:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:
Anyone have any suppressor cover recommendations that would be a good fit for the AEM5?
View Quote

Not a fan of covers, but these fellows have what you seek.

The suppressor is 1.5" diameter, 8.75" length
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:07:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ankratz:

I knew this was coming :)

I assure you I won't post any Chainsaw offenses, or call an SPR a Mk12 if it gets that far.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Debating the Mk4 3.5-10x40 sent in for M5 turrets, or a Vortex PST 2.5-10x32 MIL/MIL out of the box

Seeing first hand the capabilities of this rifle, and the limitations in ergonomics and tech in what is "correct", I find myself drifting from that what is Mk12 and moving towards my ideal of a Mk12.

The heart of the system is the barrel and the Ops Inc 12th model--hands down. All else is eye candy I believe. Call it "Mk12 agnostic" if you will ;)

Oh no. We're about to lose another one...

I knew this was coming :)

I assure you I won't post any Chainsaw offenses, or call an SPR a Mk12 if it gets that far.

So you're building a Mod Vac...
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:09:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By jBoy723:

Matty, you should just come out to one of the LR practice session at VCGHC and get your own data. Steve gave me a DOPE chart for my ECC and the factory ammo I was using and while it was close, I had to fine tune it just a bit. Could be the same for you also and the chart you're trying to use. Are you on the notification list? The have sessions twice a month out to 1K yards with a spotter for every shot. It helped me tremendously.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mattyvac:
Originally Posted By Socomike:
Originally Posted By 18E3V:
Our Mod Hollands have 300WM, 30-06, 308, and 55gr 223 turrets.  The turrets themselves don't really 'do' anything different than any other turret.  The MOA per click doesn't change, and the holds change all the time.  A good ballistic solver used to determine the actual holds and then printed to a DOPE card is what we actually use.  Just a couple of observations......

All that considered, I think I'm just gonna throw my .308 turret on and call it good. Thanks 18; your posts are always appreciated.

Well stated 18.  The turrets are simply for aesthetics for me.  A dope card and trigger time is paramount.

I tape my dope cards to my stock because I'm tier 0. Neil can tell you

With that said- does anyone have the mil dot version of this hold over pictogram? How does the standard leupold mil dot reticle line up in relation to the TMR? Is it basically the big hashes?

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-uVjlV13PPBM/U9bvgdDhMBI/AAAAAAAAJmc/xNCNGhkx2r4/s800/28cfwxh.jpg

Matty, you should just come out to one of the LR practice session at VCGHC and get your own data. Steve gave me a DOPE chart for my ECC and the factory ammo I was using and while it was close, I had to fine tune it just a bit. Could be the same for you also and the chart you're trying to use. Are you on the notification list? The have sessions twice a month out to 1K yards with a spotter for every shot. It helped me tremendously.

Which LR practice? The one Scott G. runs? He said I can't come because I only have a lowly AR-15 SPR that uses 77grn
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:12:04 PM EDT
[#5]
This may be my first contribution to this thread. I've been looking for years. This month I picked up a new lower and a WOA spr barrel. Don't worry, I know what I'm in for.

Maybe a Mod 1?
http://www.armyrecognition.com/images/stories/news/2013/october/United%20_States_US_Navy%20SEALs_were_involved_in_counterterrorism_operation_in_Somalia_against_al-Shabaab_group_640_001.jpg
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:17:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RTUtah] [#6]

Originally Posted By MTNShewter:

This may be my first contribution to this thread. I've been looking for years. This month I picked up a new lower and a WOA spr barrel. Don't worry, I know what I'm in for.

Maybe a Mod 1?

http://www.armyrecognition.com/images/stories/news/2013/october/United%20_States_US_Navy%20SEALs_were_involved_in_counterterrorism_operation_in_Somalia_against_al-Shabaab_group_640_001.jpg
View Quote

Negative; SR25 recce.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:19:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By Hunterex:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

The plan is to paint the Holland tan and leave the Mod 1 all black - I figure a tan/dark earth colored suppressor cover/wrap would look good matched up with the painted Holland and then I can simply take it off when I want the all black theme for the Mod 1.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Right. I just happened on that pic. Damned knights rail is giving me a hell of a time. I've been looking for months and I don't know how long I will wait to complete the upper before I get something else.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:22:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By MTNShewter:
Right. I just happened on that pic. Damned knights rail is giving me a hell of a time. I've been looking for months and I don't know how long I will wait to complete the upper before I get something else.  
View Quote

Theres one on e bay right now..
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:57:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Socomike] [#10]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:
You do realize that your build has to be EXACTLY super balls deep spec now, right? I mean performing acts upon PSYWAR-01's person to get a legit Crane gas block, Colt's upper, Douglas barrel, early 3-9 TS-30, etc. Anything less with a unicorn piece like that is unacceptable, and chainsaw worthy.
View Quote

No Prob.  Ill get you my address so you can send funds.  lol.

Until then, I want a shooting upper.  Heres a mock up of what I have.

-DSG upper, BCG, and gas block
-WOA barrel
-AEM brake and collar
-Unicorn rail
-Bravo company charging handle (soon to be gas buster)
-Early leupold 3-9X36 in Arms 22H rings.  Soon to be TRR, and TRC.
-Knights rear BUIS (looking for front)

-Armalite SPR Mod 1 lower with SOPMOD stock and SSA trigger.

The plan is to paint the rifle to match the rail in order to preserve the original paint.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:00:22 PM EDT
[#11]
For me I don't even start buying parts for a build until I get the hardest to find parts first, then everything is downhill. Did that with all my retro rifle projects, my block II, and my mk12.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:03:32 PM EDT
[#12]

-WOA barrel

-AEM brake and collar

-Unicorn rail

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz338/paintballa698/7a745e90-2fa9-4786-9046-a947c02b2e23_zps787ed761.jpg

The plan is to paint the rifle to match the rail in order to preserve the original paint.  

View All Quotes

You do realize that your build has to be EXACTLY super balls deep spec now, right? I mean performing acts upon PSYWAR-01's person to get a legit Crane gas block, Colt's upper, Douglas barrel, early 3-9 TS-30, etc. Anything less with a unicorn piece like that is unacceptable, and chainsaw worthy.

-WOA barrel

-AEM brake and collar

-Unicorn rail

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz338/paintballa698/7a745e90-2fa9-4786-9046-a947c02b2e23_zps787ed761.jpg

Teardrop forward assist.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:05:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Socomike] [#13]

Teardrop forward assist.

View All Quotes

-WOA barrel
-AEM brake and collar
-Unicorn rail

Teardrop forward assist.

we are getting there. Shooting upper. Then fine tune
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:01:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Mike,
 Super sweet score man .   Is it exactly identical to a Knights size wise? If it is that's crazy...who the fook makes an extrusion die to run 20 pcs...I wonder if the inside dimensions are identical?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:16:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Socomike] [#15]
Originally Posted By Mad4wd:
Mike,
 Super sweet score man .   Is it exactly identical to a Knights size wise? If it is that's crazy...who the fook makes an extrusion die to run 20 pcs...I wonder if the inside dimensions are identical?
View Quote

everything ive measured has been identical.  Im going to email kevin at HCS and see if i can swing by and measure
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:38:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Sandusky:
For me I don't even start buying parts for a build until I get the hardest to find parts first, then everything is downhill. Did that with all my retro rifle projects, my block II, and my mk12.
View Quote

I follow this same philosophy, i wanted to start the build but read how hard the KAC rails are to get, so i put it in the "if i fild that part" bin and a KAC literally fell in my lap, i got it and now the build is on. The hardest part for me now is hoping that the AE cans are ready to ship before 41p happens
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:17:31 AM EDT
[#17]

Which LR practice? The one Scott G. runs? He said I can't come because I only have a lowly AR-15 SPR that uses 77grn
View All Quotes

Never shot with Scott. Sent you an IM with the details.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:02:18 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm having a special moment, could someone tell me which is the "correct" harris Bipod for the MOD0? I've got the ARMS mount so don't want to get the wrong version or length one.

http://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/bipods-monopods-amp-accessories/bipods/bipods-prod6945.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=HARRIS
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:10:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Syntribos:
I'm having a special moment, could someone tell me which is the "correct" harris Bipod for the MOD0? I've got the ARMS mount so don't want to get the wrong version or length one.

http://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/bipods-monopods-amp-accessories/bipods/bipods-prod6945.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=HARRIS
View Quote
The Harris models usually seen in this thread are 6-9" S-BRM. Then again, Mod 0's have been seen with Atlas Bipods as well.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:18:42 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't recall seeing any Hollands with ergo grips, but I would assume they're kosher because we've seen plently of them on Mod 0s and Mod 1s?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:23:30 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't recall seeing any Hollands with ergo grips, but I would assume they're kosher because we've seen plently of them on Mod 0s and Mod 1s?
View Quote

Leggo my Ergo:

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#22]
I might try out a Ergo on my Mod 1.  I had one before and really liked the feel.  Never used it for precision work but its worth a try.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:49:41 PM EDT
[#23]
I've never tried one before, but they seem comfortable.

Will give it a try on the Holland.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#24]
I might try out a Ergo on my Mod 1.  I had one before and really liked the feel.  Never used it for precision work but its worth a try.
View Quote

I have them on both mine and really like them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:04:01 PM EDT
[#25]
I was a big fan of MOE and MIAD grips, till I held a gun with an Ergo.

Pretty sure I'll be selling almost all of 'em (save on the lightweight, cause the MOE-K is ideal for that one) and replacing with Ergos.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:07:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By Syntribos:

View Quote
BRS or BRSM. Either will suit you well.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:53:18 PM EDT
[#27]
I keep seeing folks talk about how KAC rail is super hard to find.  I posted one NIB on EE over a week ago with zero replies...
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:02:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By StAngry:
I keep seeing folks talk about how KAC rail is super hard to find.  I posted one NIB on EE over a week ago with zero replies...
View Quote

Price.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:02:52 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Put it on eBay and you'll get your asking price.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:06:18 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

You were originally firm at $500.00 which is $100+ over retail.  Guys here know they will come back in stock and won't pay that.  I'd put it on Ebay if you want the crazy money.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:10:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By gunnut003:

Price.
View All Quotes

Price.

See "...super hard to find..." above.    
Right now, it's seems super hard to sell.  I am a noob at this posting biz (learned for a couple years before posting), but I never knew a listed price prevented folks from making offers.  It would be a shame for this thing to sit in my safe for two years.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:12:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StAngry] [#32]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

You were originally firm at $500.00 which is $100+ over retail.  Guys here know they will come back in stock and won't pay that.  I'd put it on Ebay if you want the crazy money.
View All Quotes

Thanks for the usable feedback.  It is appreciated.  Edit: When I posted it at $500, I was not expecting it to come back in stock, new, ever--since KAC made a recent run and I believed some reliable info that it would be the last one.  Maybe that isn't true.  It took me a while to obtain it and then, sadly, I ran out of time to do anything with it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:00:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dangerdan] [#33]

View All Quotes

Retail is tree fiddy

I can't wait for a movie about Dakota Meyer. Maybe everyone will start M4/M203 clones and M40A5 clones  
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:47:55 PM EDT
[#34]

Right now, it's seems super hard to sell.  I am a noob at this posting biz (learned for a couple years before posting), but I never knew a listed price prevented folks from making offers.  It would be a shame for this thing to sit in my safe for two years.
View All Quotes

Price.

If you paid retail; drop the price and sell it in the next 5 minutes and move on.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:00:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Originally Posted By dangerdan:
Retail is tree fiddy

I can't wait for a movie about Dakota Meyer. Maybe everyone will start M4/M203 clones and M40A5 clones  
View All Quotes

Retail is tree fiddy

Wait 'til Clint Eastwood's "American Sniper" comes out...

Though at that point, I'll have to draw the line - not that the Mk12 isn't cheap, but clones of MK11s, .300 win mags, and .338 rifles = some serious friggin $$$$$, not to mention the price of ammo.

Regardless, it will be interesting to see how accurately they portray small arms in the film - especially, if they include any MK12s...
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:04:26 PM EDT
[#36]
For anyone wondering- night force ultra lite rings need to be at least 1.375" in height to be comfortable
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:16:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Yeah 5 honey bears is a lot to ask, i think i paid 15 dollars over retail for mine, ask me if im crying
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 1:23:04 AM EDT
[#38]

Mod 1 with project Holland up top...

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:05:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By deuc224:
Yeah 5 honey bears is a lot to ask, i think i paid 15 dollars over retail for mine, ask me if im crying
View Quote

Are you crying?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:52:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

Are you crying?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WTFShane:
Originally Posted By deuc224:

Are you crying?

HELL NO!
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:54:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Mod 1 with project Holland up top...
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j352/javaman85/1_zpsf04367d3.jpg?t=1406783820

View Quote

Is that the Bison Armory barrel? Can you post some mo betta pics of it?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:24:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SevenSixTwoxFiftyOne] [#42]
Anyone run m855 in their mk12? Curious to know what kind of groups your getting with it ?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:27:16 AM EDT
[#43]

Thanks for the usable feedback.  It is appreciated.  Edit: When I posted it at $500, I was not expecting it to come back in stock, new, ever--since KAC made a recent run and I believed some reliable info that it would be the last one.  Maybe that isn't true.  It took me a while to obtain it and then, sadly, I ran out of time to do anything with it.
View All Quotes

Let's see...'13er with low post count and no feedback offering a ridiculous price. And the same guy trying to sell a M4A1 B2 upper for a "firm" price of $1800. None of those signals will help you sell your gear at all, let alone get inflated prices for it.

You come off as anyone else trying to make money from the clone crowd who have demonstrated a willingness to pay top dollar for hard-to-find parts. The problem is that these parts aren't that hard to find with a little patience. People here are more informed (to varying degrees) than typical consumers and are going to dismiss your ad(s) out of hand.

I think I speak for the clone community when I say that those prices are what they are (hell, it's your gear), but it's mildly insulting to complain about your gear not selling or getting offers in the clone threads (i.e., the very people you're trying to appeal to).

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:33:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By cmcflex:

Let's see...'13er with low post count and no feedback offering a ridiculous price. And the same guy trying to sell a M4A1 B2 upper for a "firm" price of $1800. None of those signals will help you sell your gear at all, let alone get inflated prices for it.

You come off as anyone else trying to make money from the clone crowd who have demonstrated a willingness to pay top dollar for hard-to-find parts. The problem is that these parts aren't that hard to find with a little patience. People here are more informed (to varying degrees) than typical consumers and are going to dismiss your ad(s) out of hand.

I think I speak for the clone community when I say that those prices are what they are (hell, it's your gear), but it's mildly insulting to complain about your gear not selling or getting offers in the clone threads (i.e., the very people you're trying to appeal to).

View All Quotes

This.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:57:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By SevenSixTwoxFiftyOne:
Anyone run m855 in their mk12? Curious to know what kind of groups your getting with it ?
View Quote

3-5 MOA
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:58:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:58:41 AM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Don't forget..it's the salad days of buying AR parts.
Nobody is going to want to spend more than retail right now.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:00:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dangerdan] [#48]
Originally Posted By new-arguy:
I'll check the rules, but this is how I believe it works...

If anyone sees an add for something they know users will want or like, you are allowed to post link to items for sale.

However, you are not supposed to use the tech forums to sell your own stuff.

I'm sure it happens often enough, and for the most part, I doubt it's a big deal. This is no official position, but, you'll probably be noticed and warned a lot quicker when you're trying to take advantage than if you're helping a guy out.
View Quote

I believe it is OK to post that your selling something related.

I.E.: "My boat tipped over and my Mk12 upper is in the EE "

As long as you aren't using the tech forum as a sale ad

Pic thread

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:11:47 AM EDT
[#49]

Pic thread
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ermey/media/Guns/101_0026.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/ermey/Guns/101_0026.jpg</a>
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ermey/media/Guns/101_0028.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/ermey/Guns/101_0028.jpg</a>
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ermey/media/Guns/101_0031.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/ermey/Guns/101_0031.jpg</a>
http://youtu.be/LcBWJzwfzn4
View All Quotes

If anyone sees an add for something they know users will want or like, you are allowed to post link to items for sale.

I'm sure it happens often enough, and for the most part, I doubt it's a big deal. This is no official position, but, you'll probably be noticed and warned a lot quicker when you're trying to take advantage than if you're helping a guy out.

Pic thread
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ermey/media/Guns/101_0026.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/ermey/Guns/101_0026.jpg</a>
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ermey/media/Guns/101_0028.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/ermey/Guns/101_0028.jpg</a>
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ermey/media/Guns/101_0031.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/ermey/Guns/101_0031.jpg</a>

That's one happy kid!
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:42:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RTUtah] [#50]

Originally Posted By sgwlower:
That's one happy kid!

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sgwlower:

Pic thread

That's one happy kid!

Simply awesome. And you know what doesn't change? That big ol' grin when you shoot suppressed; don't matter if you're 7 or 37.

Page / 1194
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top