Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1195
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 3:27:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, here is where I currently am on my Mk. 12 Mod. 0 journey. What I have spec'd out here is basically a late Mod. 0. I will try to put together an early Mod. 0 over time but want to get something put together in a shorter period of time. Now that I am settled in on my deployment, I can start hunting down some of these parts.

Parts needed:
* Trigger- KAC semi-auto Match or Geissele SSA/SSA-E
* Trapdoor “E” type stock with buffer tube, buffer, stock screw
* Upper Receiver- Colt, Diemaco, or Armalite marked, flat top, M4 feed-ramps
* Barrel- Douglas 416r SS, 18” SPR contour, 1/7 twist, flats milled for PRi FS
* BCG- Colt M-16.
* Handguard- Precision Reflex Gen III carbon fiber free-float handguard, rifle length
* FSB: PRi folding FSB, set-screw, .750
* Charging handle: PRi Gas Buster M-84 with military latch
* Muzzle device: OPS Inc. 12th Model brake/collar, and 12th Model suppressor [Allen              Engineering AEM5 and brake/collar]
* Rear iron sight: A.R.M.S. #40
* Optic: Leupold 3-9x36mm TS-30, Mk4 MR/T 2.5-8x36mm TS-30A2, M2 turrets with Mk262 BDC, illuminated TMR reticle
* Dewey coated one-piece cleaning rod 22CF-30
* Blackhawk TAS-1 Sling
* Mildot Master Range Computer 5960576

Parts that I have:
* Lower- M16A1 pattern (Brownells BRN-16A1)
* Grip- A2
* A.R.M.S. #38 SPR-PEQ-2-3 Sleeve
* Scope Rings: A.R.M.S. #22 Medium rings (No Lever Stops)
* Bipod: Harris with KAC RAS bipod adapter
* Pelican Mk. 12 case
* Draft Mk. 12 manual
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 3:33:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PR_addict:
That rifle is so Badass! 
View Quote

Pic thread & all.....

Link Posted: 3/4/2017 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:
I've gotten emails from 5-6 people on the list and I've read the posts. I had to come to the shop today so I will respond to all those in just a bit. But if our wires are getting crossed do not worry. I will get in contact with you. If you have asked for a manual I will not give it to anyone before I hear from you under any circumstances.

I just replied to:
GUNNUT003
DOBS13
HAIRYMOOSE
LURP06X
AARON580
RONIN50CAL

If you did not recieve my email just post here. I read through the thread every night.
View Quote

Beginning to think I'm invisible? Lol

Please, for the love of God and all that is Holy... I'm in for one Mod 0/1 manual
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 4:30:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 69charger:
[/img]
View Quote

Can't see what you wrote..........hehehe
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Please, for the love of God and all that is Holy... I'm in for one Mod 0/1 manual
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I've gotten emails from 5-6 people on the list and I've read the posts. I had to come to the shop today so I will respond to all those in just a bit. But if our wires are getting crossed do not worry. I will get in contact with you. If you have asked for a manual I will not give it to anyone before I hear from you under any circumstances.

I just replied to:
GUNNUT003
DOBS13
HAIRYMOOSE
LURP06X
AARON580
RONIN50CAL

If you did not recieve my email just post here. I read through the thread every night.

Haha. Dude I've got you covered. I just sent another email. If you didn't get it we will switch to IM. But your good. I've got one put aside for you
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 6:27:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 02Overlander:

Pic thread & all.....

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f160/HDHNTER/IMG_20161127_011038_zpsoyrqwwb4.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 02Overlander:
Originally Posted By PR_addict:
That rifle is so Badass! 

Pic thread & all.....

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f160/HDHNTER/IMG_20161127_011038_zpsoyrqwwb4.jpg

Damn bro, that thing looks so good.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 6:49:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

Go for it. I've done similar.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59096/20151214-201114-158769.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59096/236759-mod0rev3592-158770.JPG

The PEQ-2 rail as issued is different than the later PEQ-2 rails, but it looks acceptable. This early rifle I put together has a 2-3 rail with the gap filled in.  I truly detest PRi's Gen II repro handguard, but if you're not interested in it looking exact, it'll do just fine. Originals are damned near unobtainium.  There's a machinist on the FB clone group that is making early gen sight towers that you can use with a current base.

Good luck and have fun building.
View Quote

Hunterex, are both those yours, I have to agree I'm not that fond of the Gen 2 tube PRI introduced but it is, what it is. But that top rifle you pictured, well damn, I guess all I can say is that's the cats meow. Now I might spend a little money if I could parts for that.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 7:08:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Lurp06x:
What bipod are good to go for mod 0? Main page just says Harris or versapod. I know most here have the 6-9 notched swivel bipod with pod lock. HCS offers there builds with a 9-13 Harris, and looks like the cover on the manuals show 9-13 too. Were 6-9 notched none swivel used as well? I know they are issued to other DMRs like the mk14. Just looking for clarification.
View Quote

Lurp06x, trying to dig up something positive, as you mentioned the early Mk12 Mod O's sported the Versapod or a Harris 9-13 1A2-LM non swivel. I haven't seen any pictures that clearly show a 6-9 non swivel model on a Mod 0. Appendix A for the MK12 mod 1 calls for the 6-9 swivel notched legs (HBRS). I have seen a few pics were the 9-13 was mounted without either the KAC or ARMS bipod adapter, which seemed a little unusual.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 7:27:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Who makes the bore guide for the mk12? I know I wrote it down and I can't find it anywhere.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 7:46:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Who makes the bore guide for the mk12? I know I wrote it down and I can't find it anywhere.
View Quote

https://www.jprifles.com/1.5.1.2_maint.php
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Does anyone here, have a complete picture of a TS-30 marked scope?
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 8:21:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Damn bro, that thing looks so good.
View Quote

Much appreciated.

Link Posted: 3/4/2017 8:37:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Minuteman1636:
Well, here is where I currently am on my Mk. 12 Mod. 0 journey. What I have spec'd out here is basically a late Mod. 0. I will try to put together an early Mod. 0 over time but want to get something put together in a shorter period of time. Now that I am settled in on my deployment, I can start hunting down some of these parts.

Parts needed:
* Trigger- KAC semi-auto Match or Geissele SSA/SSA-E
* Trapdoor “E” type stock with buffer tube, buffer, stock screw
* Upper Receiver- Colt, Diemaco, or Armalite marked, flat top, M4 feed-ramps
* Barrel- Douglas 416r SS, 18” SPR contour, 1/7 twist, flats milled for PRi FS
* BCG- Colt M-16.
* Handguard- Precision Reflex Gen III carbon fiber free-float handguard, rifle length
* FSB: PRi folding FSB, set-screw, .750
* Charging handle: PRi Gas Buster M-84 with military latch
* Muzzle device: OPS Inc. 12th Model brake/collar, and 12th Model suppressor [Allen              Engineering AEM5 and brake/collar]
* Rear iron sight: A.R.M.S. #40
* Optic: Leupold 3-9x36mm TS-30, Mk4 MR/T 2.5-8x36mm TS-30A2, M2 turrets with Mk262 BDC, illuminated TMR reticle
* Dewey coated one-piece cleaning rod 22CF-30
* Blackhawk TAS-1 Sling
* Mildot Master Range Computer 5960576

Parts that I have:
* Lower- M16A1 pattern (Brownells BRN-16A1)
* Grip- A2
* A.R.M.S. #38 SPR-PEQ-2-3 Sleeve
* Scope Rings: A.R.M.S. #22 Medium rings (No Lever Stops)
* Bipod: Harris with KAC RAS bipod adapter
* Pelican Mk. 12 case
* Draft Mk. 12 manual
View Quote

I think I saw Bravo Company had the PRI tube last night in stock.  But the only color in stock is the "natural".  Where it kind of looks like.....  a pattern of some sort.  If you're going to paint it...........
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 9:18:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm making my first foray into cloning with a Mod 0. I've read a fair amount of this thread, but I'm still not clear on the muzzle device. Can someone explain long collar vs. short collar and what is the difference between the Allen Engineering AEMB Mount that ADCO sells vs the OPS Inc. version?
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 9:45:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gunnut003] [#15]
Originally Posted By NoahFN:
I'm making my first foray into cloning with a Mod 0. I've read a fair amount of this thread, but I'm still not clear on the muzzle device. Can someone explain long collar vs. short collar and what is the difference between the Allen Engineering AEMB Mount that ADCO sells vs the OPS Inc. version?
View Quote

AE was making the OPS Inc stuff under contract. So the AE is pretty much the same thing. On the collars it was a stacking of tolerances and different prints being used for the barrels, apparently.  But I still stand by   fact that also some of the later pri sights had a thicker front leg that pushed the collar foward of the step that it was supposed to stop on... hence  the shorter rear end on the short collar.  ADCO figured it out and called us out on our sucky deduction skills at the time.   I know for a fact I had like 5 PRI sights at one time, and some had the thicker leg... which I sold  as they were the clamp version anyway.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 10:14:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Got sick of my parts sitting in the closet all this time(probably 1.5 years) and decided to assemble my upper and lower.  Fulton fooked me and didnt include the trigger guard and trigger guard pin with my LPK.  Got the upper done and lower finished with ergo and SSA-E all ready to be done up but no trigger guard lol.  I still have to get the brake and charging handle.  Is it a sin to use a NiB BCG?
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 10:38:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By deuc224:
Got sick of my parts sitting in the closet all this time(probably 1.5 years) and decided to assemble my upper and lower.  Fulton fooked me and didnt include the trigger guard and trigger guard pin with my LPK.  Got the upper done and lower finished with ergo and SSA-E all ready to be done up but no trigger guard lol.  I still have to get the brake and charging handle.  Is it a sin to use a NiB BCG?
View Quote

What Momma dont know wont hurt her.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 10:39:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lurp06x] [#18]
double post

in other news got my hands on some AP 30-06 ammo LC 56
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:59:44 AM EDT
[#19]
ADCO has the PRI FF tubes in black.  FWIW.  Although there is no picture so one might have to double check it's the right thing.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 2:20:17 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote
LOL..same thing happened to me. Got an extra grip screw and missing a front pivot pin in my LPK from DSG, had to order a spare kit. I'm still waiting for a PRI tube to finish my Holland.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 5:00:32 AM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

Lol I used to run NIB's but switch to Colt BCG's for correctness in my MK12/MK18, but now that I'm shooting suppressed (finally) that is some dirty dirty shit so might swap back to a NIB on the down low 
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 8:54:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 44Echo10:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 44Echo10:

Thanks for posting this. Just ordered one. $50 for a bore guide.....damn clone life.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 10:18:50 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

If your not worried about uber correctness I've got a pineless enhanced trigger gaurd I can send ya thats just sitting in my parts bin. I also have a dpms mil spec gaurd but i robbed the pin out of it so it has no pin.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:06:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

Go for it. I've done similar.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59096/20151214-201114-158769.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59096/236759-mod0rev3592-158770.JPG

The PEQ-2 rail as issued is different than the later PEQ-2 rails, but it looks acceptable. This early rifle I put together has a 2-3 rail with the gap filled in.  I truly detest PRi's Gen II repro handguard, but if you're not interested in it looking exact, it'll do just fine. Originals are damned near unobtainium.  There's a machinist on the FB clone group that is making early gen sight towers that you can use with a current base.

Good luck and have fun building.
View Quote

That is one sexy ass paint job.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:39:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By tamboi:
View Quote

Check the first page of the SAM-R thread. There's a post further down on the first page of some of the SAM-R prototypes and one had a scope that was clearly marked "TS30" The scope did not have illumination.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:52:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By RadOP:
On the topic of ARMS 22H rings, I don't have a use for mine anymore.  They have lever stops so if you don't care about that I'm open to donating them... to the deserving cloner.  My treat back to the community.
View Quote

Sent email and IM
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 1:10:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By CoilCrafter:

Check the first page of the SAM-R thread. There's a post further down on the first page of some of the SAM-R prototypes and one had a scope that was clearly marked "TS30" The scope did not have illumination.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CoilCrafter:

Thanks Coilcrafter, that's just what I was looking for, yeah no illumination, built off a vari-x scope.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By blbennett1288:

Sent email and IM
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RadOP:
On the topic of ARMS 22H rings, I don't have a use for mine anymore.  They have lever stops so if you don't care about that I'm open to donating them... to the deserving cloner.  My treat back to the community.

Sent email and IM

They have already been donated to a member.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 1:49:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:

If your not worried about uber correctness I've got a pineless enhanced trigger gaurd I can send ya thats just sitting in my parts bin. I also have a dpms mil spec gaurd but i robbed the pin out of it so it has no pin.
View Quote

Hey thank a lot man!!!1  i emailed fulton and am gonna see if they honor it and send me the pin and guard.  if not i just wont use them anymore but wont bash them.  But i really liked their A1 stock, its really clean.  But if they dont ill hit you back, really appreciate it a lot!
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 78Staff:

Lol I used to run NIB's but switch to Colt BCG's for correctness in my MK12/MK18, but now that I'm shooting suppressed (finally) that is some dirty dirty shit so might swap back to a NIB on the down low 
View Quote

Yeah im going suppressed. Have actually had my 5 fo about a year already just sitting in the closet like an old sweater.  But this thread has ignited my fuel for this again so itll be done within 2 weeks.  I really cant wit to get this thing done already.  Gonna roll some ammo to see what this rifle likes best.  Got some XBR and nosler 77gr ready to be released into the wild
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#31]

Hey thank a lot man!!!1  i emailed fulton and am gonna see if they honor it and send me the pin and guard.  if not i just wont use them anymore but wont bash them.  But i really liked their A1 stock, its really clean.  But if they dont ill hit you back, really appreciate it a lot!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dobs013:

I'm sure they'll take care of you but if not let me know and I'll drop it in the mai!
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 2:09:05 PM EDT
[#32]
So I decided to put the purchase price to the MK. 12 Mod. 0 items that I have accumulated so far..

Parts that I have:
* Lower- M16A1 pattern (Brownells BRN-16A1)                       $110.00   (Brownells)
* Grip- A2                                                                                  $0.00       (Parts box)
* A.R.M.S. #38 SPR-PEQ-2-3 Sleeve                                       $196.20  (A.R.M.S.)
* Scope Rings: A.R.M.S. #22 Medium rings (No Lever Stops) $35.00     (gunshow clearance box)
* Bipod: Harris BRS                                                                  $90.00     (impulse buy at Bass Pro)
             KAC RAS bipod adapter                                             $30.00     (Ebay)
* Pelican Mk. 12 case                                                               $203.50   (Ebay)
* Draft Mk. 12 manual                                                               $18.00     (Ebay)
* JP Bore Guide                                                                        $50.45     (https://www.jprifles.com/1.5.1.2_maint.php)    
                                                                          Total to Date: $733.15

I don't even have a functioning firearm yet. I'm not going to even try to calculate what I will spend finishing the build. Lol.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Minuteman1636:
So I decided to put the purchase price to the MK. 12 Mod. 0 items that I have accumulated so far..

Parts that I have:
* Lower- M16A1 pattern (Brownells BRN-16A1)                       $110.00   (Brownells)
* Grip- A2                                                                                  $0.00       (Parts box)
* A.R.M.S. #38 SPR-PEQ-2-3 Sleeve                                       $196.20  (A.R.M.S.)
* Scope Rings: A.R.M.S. #22 Medium rings (No Lever Stops) $35.00     (gunshow clearance box)
* Bipod: Harris BRS                                                                  $90.00     (impulse buy at Bass Pro)
             KAC RAS bipod adapter                                             $30.00     (Ebay)
* Pelican Mk. 12 case                                                               $203.50   (Ebay)
* Draft Mk. 12 manual                                                               $18.00     (Ebay)
* JP Bore Guide                                                                        $50.45     (https://www.jprifles.com/1.5.1.2_maint.php)    
                                                                          Total to Date: $733.15

I don't even have a functioning firearm yet. I'm not going to even try to calculate what I will spend finishing the build. Lol.
View Quote

Holy shit! Where did you find the #38 SPR-PEQ-2-3 Sleeve for $196.20? Also great find of the #22's
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 3:01:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Holy shit! Where did you find the #38 SPR-PEQ-2-3 Sleeve for $196.20? Also great find of the #22's
View Quote

I purchased it from A.R.M.S. a couple of years ago. It was one of three that they had left. I should have bought all three of them.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 6:54:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vanquishings] [#35]
So, I've been creeping along this thread for a while now. Currently on page 300-something out of the 790-something, but I'm loving it. There's so much to learn, and so much history behind this platform. But all of that being said, I feel it's time for me to jump in head first. I've been working on my Mod 1 for a while now, and I'm finally getting close.

I ended up snagging something on eBay only the readers here would properly appreciate. I ended up getting them for a great price. Here they are:

Here's what the build looks like so far, I realize a few things are off, but it's just a dry fit for pictures, dont' worry.  

BCG, Upper/Lower Receiver: Take off from a Colt LE6920
Charging Handle: PRI gasbuster (incoming)
Barrel: Douglas 18" SPR (on order at CLE)
Gas Block: DD MK12
Muzzle Brake/Collar: Allen Engineering AEMB
Buttstock: B5 Enhanced SOPMOD
Buffer system: Vltor A5
End plate: CQD Rear Sling Plate (incoming as well)
Trigger: Geissele SSA-E (still need to buy this)
Pistol Grip: Colt A2, Ergo Grip incoming
Safety: KAC Ambi safety
Scope: Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x24
Scope Rings: A.R.M.S #22L non lever stop
Foregrip: KAC
Bipod: Harris BRS
Bipod Mount: A.R.M.S #32

I'll be placing an offset MRD. I haven't determined which, but I'm looking at Trijicon RMR, Burris Fastfire III, Doctersight III, and a Leupold Deltapoint. I'm not sure if the offset mount will fit under my scope, but we'll see.

That being said, if anyone has a beat on some non-lever stop A.R.M.S. #22Ms, I would be VERY interested and willing to pay! They're essentially the last thing I need for this to be perfectly complete in my eyes.

Any insight/opinions/thoughts are more than welcome and appreciated. Thanks for helping me out with this, even if I haven't been vocal/contributing as much as I should in here. I'm still trying to catch up!

Edit: Fail on the image embed!
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 6:59:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Also, don't worry Utah, it's getting paint. No need to chainsaw!
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 8:47:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By vanquishings:
So, I've been creeping along this thread for a while now. Currently on page 300-something out of the 790-something, but I'm loving it. There's so much to learn, and so much history behind this platform. But all of that being said, I feel it's time for me to jump in head first. I've been working on my Mod 1 for a while now, and I'm finally getting close.

I ended up snagging something on eBay only the readers here would properly appreciate. I ended up getting them for a great price. Here they are:

https://i.imgur.com/i8GqiyO.jpg

Here's what the build looks like so far, I realize a few things are off, but it's just a dry fit for pictures, dont' worry.  

https://i.imgur.com/nEd9edi.jpg

BCG, Upper/Lower Receiver: Take off from a Colt LE6920
Charging Handle: PRI gasbuster (incoming)
Barrel: Douglas 18" SPR (on order at CLE)
Gas Block: DD MK12
Muzzle Brake/Collar: Allen Engineering AEMB
Buttstock: B5 Enhanced SOPMOD
Buffer system: Vltor A5
End plate: CQD Rear Sling Plate (incoming as well)
Trigger: Geissele SSA-E (still need to buy this)
Pistol Grip: Colt A2, Ergo Grip incoming
Safety: KAC Ambi safety
Scope: Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x24
Scope Rings: A.R.M.S #22L non lever stop
Foregrip: KAC
Bipod: Harris BRS
Bipod Mount: A.R.M.S #32

I'll be placing an offset MRD. I haven't determined which, but I'm looking at Trijicon RMR, Burris Fastfire III, Doctersight III, and a Leupold Deltapoint. I'm not sure if the offset mount will fit under my scope, but we'll see.

That being said, if anyone has a beat on some non-lever stop A.R.M.S. #22Ms, I would be VERY interested and willing to pay! They're essentially the last thing I need for this to be perfectly complete in my eyes.

Any insight/opinions/thoughts are more than welcome and appreciated. Thanks for helping me out with this, even if I haven't been vocal/contributing as much as I should in here. I'm still trying to catch up!

Edit: Fail on the image embed!
View Quote

Probably just a typo but 22 high's on mod 1 not mediums.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 9:19:29 PM EDT
[#38]

Probably just a typo but 22 high's on mod 1 not mediums.
View Quote

Not a typo, but a nice catch by you, nonetheless. Not running BUIS, so I don't need the clearance. Only thing that won't be spec on the gun. I prefer lower mounts, anywho. If I can run the MRD offset with the lows, I will, but I think the mediums are probably the best of both worlds. The MRD offset mount is incoming so it's a waiting game. I'd still like to grab a set of non lever 22Ms, if I can.

On the plus side, more 22Hs for the rest of my fellow Mod 1'ers.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:43:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Saw this on Instagram today, posted by us_sof, and think it's a new addition to the thread

Link Posted: 3/6/2017 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Interesting mount set up.  He kind of looks like Marcus Lutrelle.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 9:58:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Saw this on Instagram today, posted by us_sof, and think it's a new addition to the thread

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd428/kennypowers3/BFA937CF-C501-4DFC-B9E9-A4BDA1D2791F.jpeg
View Quote

I don't think I've seen a CAR stock on a Mod 1 before.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 10:13:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Looks like Troy is getting in on the Mk12 world:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/03/06/troy-expands-retro-line-with-mk12-mod1-and-m16a2-sfod-d-ar-15s/
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 10:43:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Regulatori] [#43]
Originally Posted By vanquishings:

Not a typo, but a nice catch by you, nonetheless. Not running BUIS, so I don't need the clearance. Only thing that won't be spec on the gun. I prefer lower mounts, anywho. If I can run the MRD offset with the lows, I will, but I think the mediums are probably the best of both worlds. The MRD offset mount is incoming so it's a waiting game. I'd still like to grab a set of non lever 22Ms, if I can.

On the plus side, more 22Hs for the rest of my fellow Mod 1'ers.
View Quote

I have a Mod H, RECCE rail and NF low mount rings which comes out to around 1.40"

With my NF x24 scope, I have to be in the perfect position on the stock to get a proper sight picture...it's very unforgiving. You move just slightly and you'll see the shadow on either side of the scope view.

I always try to go lowest as possible but even my combo gets a little tight....and you're going for a setup .25" lower.

It might feel perfect when you hold the rifle up/shoot standing but soon as you get into a prone/benchrest position, it gets a bit tight/uncomfortable.

Just something to think about. Everyones body is different so that combo may feel comfortable for you. I would just try different shooting positions to make sure that Medium + X24 combo is going to work.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 10:54:09 PM EDT
[#44]
RAS rails in the New Upper Parts EE for anyone looking. No affiliation with the seller.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:15:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Regulatori:

With my NF x24 scope, I have to be in the perfect position on the stock to get a proper sight picture...it's very unforgiving. You move just slightly and you'll see the shadow on either side of the scope view.

I always try to go lowest as possible but even my combo gets a little tight....and you're going for a setup .25" lower.

It might feel perfect when you hold the rifle up/shoot standing but soon as you get into a prone/benchrest position, it gets a bit tight/uncomfortable.
View Quote

Trust me, I hear ya. I know how touchy the x24 already is out of the box. I have yet to try it prone, and I already think I'll have problems mounting the Ls with a offset rail underneath. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on parts to dry fit it all out and see how it'll feel. Barrel will be the last thing to come, but I'm still waiting on an endplate, once I throw the stock on, I'll throw the scope on top and get prone with it, as that's something I haven't done yet. Thanks for suggesting that.

As you might be able to tell from my earlier post, I'm not too optimistic about the 22Ls. That being said, I couldn't resist the deal I got them for. They weren't listed as the Ls, and the seller had no idea what he had, especially when I asked what they were marked on the bottom. Which explains why they were listed so poorly. If nothing else, I got some cool non-lever stops that I should be able to move to a good home on here. But as you can probably see, I'm very much looking for a set of both 22Ms and 22Ls without the lever stops. I'd kill for em if anyone has got a set of either.

I appreciate the heads up, though. If nothing else, I'm excited just to get this thing pieced together to test out the eye relief/paint the sumbitch!
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:18:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CoilCrafter] [#46]

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd428/kennypowers3/BFA937CF-C501-4DFC-B9E9-A4BDA1D2791F.jpeg
View Quote

Haven't seen that one before. It looks like the receiver has a CQD mount installed. I wonder if he threw the mk12 upper on a Mk18 lower or just had a carbine stock and CQD mount installed.

I keep going back and forth over putting a collapsable stock on my Mk12 or an A1. It's almost complete, all I need is collar, bipod, backup sights, and a1 or sopmod. Just can't decide. If I could decide which one I wanted I would go ahead and order it lol.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:29:42 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Old, already in the master archive.

One of a small handful of definite Mk12 upper on M4A1 lower pics. It's been long known that guys did it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 3:32:01 AM EDT
[#48]
These people were on my list but I have not heard from them yet:
MOD 0/1 MANUALS-

HALFMELTINGEYES
JHIVFD24
AARON580
HULL_VIPER2
GUNNUT003

No one is obligated I just don't want to give your manual to someone else if you still want one.

MOD 1 MANUALS

TINMAN44
JSY_1977
GUNNUT003
TAHOELT
ENGLE12626

I think I'm down to 18-19 mod 0/1 manuals and unless one of the guys listed in the mod 1 list does not want a mod 1 manual,all those are spoken for.
View Quote

Appreciated! Still have my email address?
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 9:58:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Samson-Dogg] [#49]
Anybody have a PRI set screw front sight you want to sell or trade for a cross bolt? Not a wheeled sight I have that. I need the regular sight but with set screws. I can't remember why I got the cross bolt sight. Thanks

Also does anyone have any real information on the note guide? Like actually seen a mk12 kit with one in it? I talked to JP and they do not make them in black period. Not even set up to do it for the military or anyone else. Red only. I asked them about getting black and I mentioned it is said they made the ones for the mk12 kits but in black. maybe who I spoke to was not there when they were made. I don't know. Trying to figure this out. There is no bore guide listed in the contents that are listed in the mod 0/1 manual. Not one listed in the mod 1 manual either. Where did we get that?
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Could it be the Dewey guide? They are black. I'm sure if it was a Dewey rod, they would get the guides from them also as it makes sense.
Page / 1195
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top