Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/31/2024 1:39:54 PM EDT
Opinions welcome from builders and users.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Both are good build with confidence.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 1:45:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

Have built on both, all went together and functioned as they should.  The PSA I got had a funky ano color tho.  PSA offered a discount on a future order because if it.  I eventually painted it. I prefer Anderson of the two, primarily because I like the Anderson slick side uppers to go with and the ano matches up pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 1:55:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Both good to go.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 1:56:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Have built on both, all went together and functioned as they should.  The PSA I got had a funky ano color tho.  PSA offered a discount on a future order because if it.  I eventually painted it. I prefer Anderson of the two, primarily because I like the Anderson slick side uppers to go with and the ano matches up pretty good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have built both as well, not sure about color issues, but I have had mag well issues with the Anderson lowers. Pmags are just too tight, hard to get it, won’t drop free. No issues with that on the PSA lowers I have used.  Sample size of about 2 or 3 of each, not all at the same time either.

Ymmv

Indy
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 1:56:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 2:00:19 PM EDT
[#6]
GTG...YES!  I have built on two of each, both standard and stealth/no-logo versions.  Parts fit well and work on all of them.  The Andersons were a little nicer as far as finish.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 2:04:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Have had a few.
If it matters to you, whether the shelf is  high or low varies quite a bit. I have tried to find rhyme or reason in this respect between models and have failed.

My theory is that the receivers are subcontracted out to different manufacturers without regard to this detail.

Link Posted: 5/31/2024 2:47:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Out of 14 Anderson stripped lowers I've not been let down yet.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Out of 14 Anderson stripped lowers I've not been let down yet.
View Quote

Never had a Poverty pony.
Low shelf or high?
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 3:15:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Low shelf or high?
View Quote
I don't know, but I do know there's a thread around here somewhere that lists a lot of the lowers and that kind of info. Fuck if I can find it, tho.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 3:16:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Both are good build with confidence.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/31/2024 3:27:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Only one I've dealt with had a slightly tight magwell, sandpaper fixed that easily.

Other than that it's been fine.  Would buy another.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 3:40:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I built 4 guns using Anderson parts. I had two sets with upper-to-lower fit (too tight) issues, and two changing handles that wouldn’t fit (the charging handle out of spec, not the upper). Additionally, Anderson small parts are MIM and noticeably inferior quality to standard milspec small parts in fit and finish.

In the grand scheme of things, these were relatively minor issues. However, given the choice between Anderson and PSA, I would go with PSA all day, any day. I may be biased though.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 4:54:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Both GTG, but i've had better luck with Anderson with regard to upper/lower fit, have two rifles now with Anderson lowers and a couple more with uppers. Good stuff. Don't know about any other Anderson parts though, just the stripped uppers and lowers.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Nothing special nothing wrong either.

Just your average milspec lower that works great

Link Posted: 5/31/2024 8:44:42 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't believe I have even handled a PSA lower, so I can't speak to them.

I have handled an Anderson or two. Fit and finish has been more than acceptable at a reasonable price. Highly recommended. Also, an interesting feature of the Anderson that sets them apart. The mag well is beveled a bit. More than some other higher priced or well thought of lowers. I am not trying to characterize it as a flared mag well, but it is a bit wider than some at the mouth.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 9:14:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Low shelf or high?
View Quote
Here it is...
https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Updated-2024-list-of-M16-cut-stripped-lowers/118-785893/
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 9:33:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Both have been good to go in my experience
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 9:55:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Never built an Anderson but saw a couple that looked rough. Wouldn’t buy one. Have around seven PSAs and even the blems looked great. Gap between receivers is really nice except the early PSA10. It’s still acceptable and was a complete lower blem for $159 so zero regret. They have improved with time. Finally talked Dad into getting one and he got the cheapest one. Freedom mid length iirc. It’s a great shooter and went together real easy.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 10:22:15 AM EDT
[#20]
No issues with the more recent PSA lowers I've used, good fit on all.  The Andersons I had were OK and functional, but not the best fit with most uppers in my limited experience, so I sold them.

If I were buying today, I would definitely go with PSA first.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I've built several, GTG.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 1:38:13 PM EDT
[#22]
I know Anderson builds their own and also for many in the industry.  On PSA, never had a problem with theirs on builds, but they used to outsource theirs to several other companies, so not sure on quality control in the past.  Not sure if they own a company now that makes them or not, but I haven't heard anything negative in a long time on their parts.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 3:13:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I know Anderson builds their own and also for many in the industry.  On PSA, never had a problem with theirs on builds, but they used to outsource theirs to several other companies, so not sure on quality control in the past.  Not sure if they own a company now that makes them or not, but I haven't heard anything negative in a long time on their parts.
View Quote

PSA makes everything with their name on it. That includes lowers, uppers, barrels and small parts. Many other companies source their products from PSA.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 6:24:54 AM EDT
[#24]
9 Andersons for me all purchased locally. One dealer was 40 dollars out the door the other was 39.95 plus sales tax. Nice black color. I had been using Rock River but the Andersons were identical quality. I don't have any PSAs.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 7:49:40 AM EDT
[#25]
I own 2 of each and have built out a few more of each for friends and family.

Both have been in spec and worked great. One anderson i built a magwell that was a little snug but seemed to loosen up after a bunch of reloads. My only recommendation is to use quality lower parts kits because the psa lower park kits are a little suspect to me.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 11:22:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Both have been in spec and worked great. One anderson i built a magwell that was a little snug but seemed to loosen up after a bunch of reloads. My only recommendation is to use quality lower parts kits because the psa lower park kits are a little suspect to me.
View Quote

good callout - the lowers are GTG but their parts kits are shite... better off with CMMG.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 12:46:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

The first couple PSAs with their innards I built didn’t feel very good at all. Gritty selector. Hard to release the take down pins. They eventually broke in. I was using CLP on the detents. With Aeroshell MS33 grease they’re much better. Also neater.

My PSA built $159 blem PA10 with the EPT trigger feels fantastic. One of my favorites. Perfect for a defensive rifle. Short, not too light and really smooth. Feels very expensive.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top