Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/12/2023 7:17:09 PM EDT
I have an Aimpoint Pro, I like it but the included OEM mount has a GIANT knob that seems to hit or catch everything.

Looking on Ebay seeing all the OEM mounts for sale tells me I'm not the only one with this opinion.

I will be mounting on this on an M4 upper (not A2/A1)  Don't really care if it's lower 1/3 or co-witness height.

1. What mounts are compatible with the PRO?

2. Do I have to use a mount with a 30mm ring? Is there a mount I can direct attach somehow? Or is is 30mm ring or nothing?

3. What mount would the hive recommend?

thanks!
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I've used the Midwest Industries QD PRO Mount and their 30MM Ring Mount on a couple guns, no issues...
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I know with the SKD riser you can turn knob to be on ejection port side. Not sure why that wouldn't work with the regular riser.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a few of these Midwest Industries and I see no reason to switch, I like'em.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 8:34:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Several aftermarket 30 MM mounts available.

All will be a ring mount (only option).

QD or bolt on desired?
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 9:54:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've used the Midwest Industries QD PRO Mount and their 30MM Ring Mount on a couple guns, no issues...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks that was not on my radar.

Quoted:
I've got a few of these Midwest Industries and I see no reason to switch, I like'em.

Thanks!

Quoted:
Several aftermarket 30 MM mounts available.

All will be a ring mount (only option).

QD or bolt on desired?

Don't really care.  Was looking at the LaRue QD, looks nice but dat price.

Link Posted: 9/12/2023 10:10:20 PM EDT
[#6]
GOOGLE SEARCH LINK

The sky is the limit.

Check out Scalarworks/American Defense Manufacturing/Midwest Industries.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 10:36:16 PM EDT
[#7]
ADM. (American Defense Manufacturing)

I have several & once setup to your rifle they have excellent RTZ (Return To Zero) and hold zero even in some ridiculously hard treatment

LaRue & Midwest are also solid choices for the Aim point Pro.

Bigger_Hammer
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top