Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/19/2024 9:12:09 AM EDT
I'm looking for the clicky tailcap for the Streamlight ProTac HL-X WML (not the Pro) and can't find so much as a part number.
Anyone got a source? Thx!
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 9:23:37 AM EDT
[#1]
If you email streamlight and ask don't be surprised if they send you one for free.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 9:25:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By laxman09:
If you email streamlight and ask don't be surprised if they send you one for free.
View Quote

That was my first thought this morning, but their website appears to be down.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 10:32:45 AM EDT
[#3]
You can buy one from their parts store for around $30 - when they are back online.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 10:59:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tomac] [#4]
Originally Posted By JohnGA:
You can buy one from their parts store for around $30 - when they are back online.
View Quote

Website is back up, but I don't see the tailcap for the HLX WML, only for the HLX flashlight.
I've contacted Streamlight, we'll see what they say.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 12:25:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tomac] [#5]
Hopefully resolved!
I love Streamlight's CS, but sometimes they have a little trouble getting things straight.

Me: I would like to purchase a Streamlight ProTac HL-X Rail Mount tailcap with just the clicky switch.

SCS: You'll need two items; the Jack Cap and the Latching Pressure Switch. (???)

Me: Thank you, but I don't need a Jack Cap or Pressure Switch, just the tailcap with the clicky switch on it.

SCS: Sorry! We'll get a new pressure switch out to you on Monday! (???)

Me: I do NOT need a new pressure swtch, thank you. The Streamlight ProTac HL-X Rail Mount weapons light (NOT the Pro) comes with two tailcaps: One with a tethered latching pressure switch and one with just a standard clicky switch on it. I'm trying to purchase or obtain two of the tailcaps with just the standard clicky switch on them.

SCS: Oops! Sorry about that! We'll send you two of them on Monday!

So, my fingers are crossed, what are the odds I'll receive what I actually need?
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:10:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Tomac:

Website is back up, but I don't see the tailcap for the HLX WML, only for the HLX flashlight.
View Quote

It's the same thing isn't it?
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 4:19:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By DevL:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DevL:
Originally Posted By Tomac:

No. Other websites I've checked stated it's specifically *not* for the WML version.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 7:20:15 PM EDT
[#8]
For those who might be interested, SCS came through and delivered one today, the part# is 880221.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top