Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/9/2019 3:51:11 AM EDT
I just ordered a whole slew of parts for my BCM build and I need to get the muzzle device pinned and welded for NFA reasons. I currently have the standard A2 flash hider on there and I am ok with but it’s all I’ve ever used. The permanent nature of the pin/weld process makes me want to consider other options. Is there something I should be considering other tban a standard A2 setup that is superior and still an acceptable NFA length of 16 inches total? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 11:37:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't really go wrong with the A2. Do you ever plan on Suppressing it?

I'd advise against most muzzle brake and generally speaking
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 12:13:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I’m pretty happy with my BCM Comp Mod 1 on my 14.5” BCM barrel (factory pinned). I know not everyone likes them, but it works well for me. They’re on sale at Primary Arms for $74.99 right now.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 2:29:22 AM EDT
[#3]
They ping but eliminate flash,

https://ballisticadvantage.com/be-meyers-249f-flash-hider.html

Or a first gen FSC556 which work great and come issued on the SCARs

https://www.lwrci.com/p-3986-pws-fsc556-compensator-old-style-12x28.aspx
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 10:02:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m pretty happy with my BCM Comp Mod 1 on my 14.5” BCM barrel (factory pinned). I know not everyone likes them, but it works well for me. They’re on sale at Primary Arms for $74.99 right now.
View Quote
Same, no complaints with mine. If OP is going to suppress at some point that would be another consideration. Either go with a mount or just use a cheap A2 that you can machine off later.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I put the bravo A2x on my most recent 14.5 build, I like it and the quality is top notch.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 7:32:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I looked at each and saw merits in all choices but I’m going to stick with the a2 for now. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 10:23:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I looked at each and saw merits in all choices but I’m going to stick with the a2 for now. Thanks again.
View Quote
Sorry I bring this back but apparently my current a2 flash hider is not long enough. Will this standee a2x meet the minimum length? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 12:32:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Vortex or B.E. Meyers 249F.

I prefer the Vortex G6A4 on everything.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 12:45:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
The BCM comps are actually quite nice they are not obnoxiously loud like most comps.  Also they seem to have less flash than most comps they are like middle ground on loud\strong comp forces and flash suppression/more pleasant to shoot around others with.  I put one on the FIL's rifle when we built it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 1:35:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes it will and it is not that expensive

A2X
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 2:19:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Actually blackout non mount would be my pick if you want great flash hider. Good for hunting or tactical ops.

For range play or competition shooting, you're better off with a compensator, the m4-72 is most effective out there.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sorry I bring this back but apparently my current a2 flash hider is not long enough. Will this standee a2x meet the minimum length? Thanks.
View Quote
Quoted:
Yes it will and it is not that expensive

A2X
View Quote
Indeed
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 8:15:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I got the manimal flash hider for my pin/weld setup. It's designed for pinning a 14.5" and is low profile enough to slide your gas block over, so it still allows you to swap components down the road. I can't comment on how well it works, since I still need to get off my ass and finish my build, but it's a solid option in theory.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 9:33:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I got the manimal flash hider for my pin/weld setup. It's designed for pinning a 14.5" and is low profile enough to slide your gas block over, so it still allows you to swap components down the road. I can't comment on how well it works, since I still need to get off my ass and finish my build, but it's a solid option in theory.
View Quote
I second this!

If you are running a barrel with a .750 gas block and don’t have plans to run a suppressor anytime soon, this is perfect as it lets you reconfigure your rifle at your leisure without the need to remove and repin the muzzle device...it is also very good as a flash hider.

PS...yes I have a 14.5” Spikes CHF barrel with this installed, great combo!

VooDoo Manimal
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top