Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 4:07:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm a big fan of ADM
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The channel for the front takedown pin seems to be out of spec.  I was completely unable to get any of my BCM or DD uppers to mount properly and actually had to have a gunsmith drill out the goddamn front takedown pin cuz it wouldn't come out with a punch/mallet.

Oddly enough, my PSA CHF uppers seat just fine on the ADMs.  I posted about it here.  

I didn't mention DD in that thread as I still hadn't purchased any of their uppers for black friday yet.  But since making that thread I've tried a few other uppers from both BCM and DD and all had the same issues.  If it was just the one BCM upper I'd assume the problem is that upper.  With multiple uppers from both of these companies, I think I can safely lay the blame on ADM.  Maybe they just had a bad batch but regardless I won't be giving them more of my money for their lowers.

I am still a big fan of their optics mounts though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What didn't you like about the ADM lower?  I've been contemplating getting one, or two.
The channel for the front takedown pin seems to be out of spec.  I was completely unable to get any of my BCM or DD uppers to mount properly and actually had to have a gunsmith drill out the goddamn front takedown pin cuz it wouldn't come out with a punch/mallet.

Oddly enough, my PSA CHF uppers seat just fine on the ADMs.  I posted about it here.  

I didn't mention DD in that thread as I still hadn't purchased any of their uppers for black friday yet.  But since making that thread I've tried a few other uppers from both BCM and DD and all had the same issues.  If it was just the one BCM upper I'd assume the problem is that upper.  With multiple uppers from both of these companies, I think I can safely lay the blame on ADM.  Maybe they just had a bad batch but regardless I won't be giving them more of my money for their lowers.

I am still a big fan of their optics mounts though.
Damn, that sucks.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 7:49:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:43:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm a huge fan of my LWRC lowers. I don't have experience owning any other truly full ambi lowers, but the LWRC makes life easier and is super solid, quality. I've got an almost truly full ambi lower from Rainier Arms that is pretty cool, but it only has bolt release that's ambi, not bolt catch that's ambi.

I would go with an LWRC or LMT MARS. Would love to see that deal on Brownells for $540 LWRC complete lower with Geissele SSA-E. That'd give me a nice reason to get a nice new upper :)
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 12:22:35 AM EDT
[#5]
<=============================================
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 1:25:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

<=============================================
View Quote
Ya.... about that..

https://imgur.com/a/9ARFg

I've sent 3 emails asking for these missing pieces and never heard back once.

Is a nice looking lower too.  I just installed a Magpul BAD lever on it after the last email.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 12:13:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You could take a look at the Radian lowers, Ascend Armory, and Falkor Defense.

I personally have a AXTS, SanTan Tactical, Seekins, and a ADM lower.
View Quote
How do you like the santan? I was looking at that or pws for full ambi.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ya.... about that..

Is a nice looking lower too.  I just installed a Magpul BAD lever on it after the last email.
View Quote
Mega was bought out by ZEV a while back, might be worth a try to contact ZEV if you haven't already.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm going to have to pick up a LMT ambi lower once they've completed their move to Iowa.

It'll be a replacement for my the ADM lower I'm using for one of my MRPs.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 10:37:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks guys.  I think I'm leaning towards the LWRC, especially the ones for $600 at Brownells. Just waiting for a 10% off deal.  Shoulda jumped on it the last time they had it right before new years.  Saw them going for like $540.  And thats with the LWRC buttstock, and Geissele SSA-E!!!  So mad that I didn't buy like 5.
View Quote
Spend $600 on an LWRC lower or, buy an LWRC di for $1000 and sell the upper for $500.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:16:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Spend $600 on an LWRC lower or, buy an LWRC di for $1000 and sell the upper for $500.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks guys.  I think I'm leaning towards the LWRC, especially the ones for $600 at Brownells. Just waiting for a 10% off deal.  Shoulda jumped on it the last time they had it right before new years.  Saw them going for like $540.  And thats with the LWRC buttstock, and Geissele SSA-E!!!  So mad that I didn't buy like 5.
Brownells LWRC lower comes with a Geissele trigger, so he'd still be better off/ahead with the Brownells.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ya.... about that..

View Quote
Sorry, I can't help you. I don't have any association with Mega. I just have a forged upper and lower.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Im still kicking myself for not getting one of those when they were sub-1k.  Do you have any sources still at that price?  Cheapest Im finding them is like $1130
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 3:59:22 AM EDT
[#14]
If you've sent looking at San Tan than you are missing out. Threaded everything for easy installation and a light weight option for the upper. True Ambi controls and beautiful machining make for a really good looking build.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 4:44:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

How do you like the santan? I was looking at that or pws for full ambi.
View Quote
The SanTan is a very nice lower. It's not a true ambi lower like some of the other lowers but the quality is top notch and the customer service is great too.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 8:18:01 AM EDT
[#16]
After a few years with my 2 ADM rifles still no issues.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 1:23:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Radian/AXTS.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top