Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/3/2014 6:26:52 PM EDT
Hey guys and gals, so I was in search of a solid rifle for carbine courses and for home defense and after much research and building a few dozen AR-15s this is what I assembled:

After months of evolving it has finally turned into this:

I stripped the lower and installed the parts in a stripped N4 lower, replaced the handguard with a Geissele MK2 rail, replaced the stock to the B5 Bravo, and got some new Magpul sights.

What do you guys think? Normally if I'm not happy with a rifle I usually just get rid of it but I was too attached to this one. Have you totally redone your rifles like this before? If so, post up some pictures!
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 6:34:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good!  I haven't redone one it just usually ends up as an addition
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice! I am not one to get rid of firearms.....I more so like to make it mine like you did!
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 6:38:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Bravo,  standing ovation/jpg
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 7:04:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Bitch please

My name is The_Hammer and I have a problem

ETA:

Very nice build op, congrats!
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 8:30:32 AM EDT
[#6]
that bitch please reply almost made me spit out my diet coke lol

Both very nice rifles gentleman....love seeing the average AR turn into something that will turn heads.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 8:59:11 AM EDT
[#7]
First AR was CCR and had a Sampson rail I thought was the cat's own ass. Then I found AR15.com and BCM. The next one was all BCM with the Geissele MK II. Then the next I built completely myself Vltor MUR upper, Stag lower, BCM BCG and mid 16 Ionbond stainless barrel.  Also with MK II rail. I really love that rail. Now I'm saving cash for ammo.
So you guys can stop posting Colt lower receiver assemblies on the EE dammit.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 9:04:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks like everything was an upgrade except for the sights
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 9:07:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Me like stock;

Before;

After;
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 9:16:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

not really the point of this thread...but nice socks!
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#11]
My first AR has and is continuing to go through transformations. It has been run hard and become my tinker toy I guess but still running strong.  I usually just end up with ARs multiplying rather than changing everything on one but I don't have any attachments to that one and its my only pre-built AR. Going to chop to FSB and delta ring soon and throw on an FDE fortis Rev.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 9:42:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

...and rolled jeans!

Also, when a decked out BCM is considered stock, there's not much room for upgrades.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 9:52:21 AM EDT
[#13]
2007-
Armalite M15 16" Mid Length Heavy Barrel commercial stock
ACOG TA01NSN
UTG Light (I think)
Surefire Mid Length Rail
CAA Buttstock Check Assembly

April 2014-
Armalight M15 Lower
Colt Upper with 16" M4 Barrel
LMT Sopmod Gen 1 Stock
Magpul AFG 2
Surefire M620
Surefire MB556K
DD RIS II FSB
EoTech SU-321 and G23
KAC 300m back up rear sight
BCM Gunfighter Mod 3
DD QD Sling Mount
Magpul Trigger Guard.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 10:16:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I like the original better.  Nice and clean.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#15]
At first I was like

But then I was like

Then I thought about it some more and was like

And then I went

And finally I stopped fighting it and decided to

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 11:10:13 AM EDT
[#16]
At first, it was like...

But, nobody was impressed...

It evolved into a rifle, and somehow multiplied in several more...WITHOUT that stupid single point sling in the picture.  Can't believe I even tried one of those damn things.

There are a couple of rifles that I have, that have changed a few items.  Typically it is an optic that might get changed.  Mine evolve into other rifles, though.  They seem to be getting smaller all the time, too!

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 11:16:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hey guys and gals, so I was in search of a solid rifle for carbine courses and for home defense and after much research and building a few dozen AR-15s this is what I assembled:

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz358/thearizonacowboy/D00B7A87-3250-4183-A165-9BCE05FF60CC_zpsnov3wyqp.png

After months of evolving it has finally turned into this:

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz358/thearizonacowboy/0403141832_zpsf1779133.jpg

I stripped the lower and installed the parts in a stripped N4 lower, replaced the handguard with a Geissele MK2 rail, replaced the stock to the B5 Bravo, and got some new Magpul sights.

What do you guys think? Normally if I'm not happy with a rifle I usually just get rid of it but I was too attached to this one. Have you totally redone your rifles like this before? If so, post up some pictures!
View Quote

Love what you did with it!

What is the color?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm about to redo my 6920 for the third time. I'll have to post pics when it's done.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 12:23:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I'll play this game:

then this happened

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 12:23:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

...and rolled jeans!

Also, when a decked out BCM is considered stock, there's not much room for upgrades.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...and rolled jeans!

After buying a decked out BCM, there isn't much money for upgrades. Hence, the PA Micro dot.....which actually works really well. It was just supposed to be a stop-gap measure until I got another Eotech, but I think I'll just roll with it for now.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 12:25:22 PM EDT
[#21]
That there is one sweet carbine. Nicely done.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 12:28:36 PM EDT
[#22]
I have to admit it.

I really like the OP's before pic.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 12:46:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Before:

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 12:48:05 PM EDT
[#24]
My Dads Evolution

after

Mine

after

Mine is not 100% don't evolving, I want to get better sights.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Wow, your's has changed quite a bit too! How do you like the KMR? I'm thinking about building another upper and using that rail system.
View All Quotes

The KMR is awesome! It's unbelievable light yet mounts up rock solid. I'm really looking forward to BCM's direct mount VFG and rail panels this summer
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 1:12:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Before, LE 6920 MP-B with just a sling

http://www.applebysw.com/misc/ColtAR15b.JPG

After, rattle can camo  job, scope + mount, FDE grip and vfg, offset sights, and gas block.Swapped slings for a better color match with the camo. Also added a G2S trigger.

http://www.applebysw.com/misc/PETE0012.jpg
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top