Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2015 9:54:53 AM EDT
Hey guys,

My dad has a M16 (604?) clone with original Vietnam  era hardware.  He wants to make the stock a little longer.   What's the best way to do this without really screwing up the looks of the rifle?   He's dead set on making the stock longer and I don't want him adding on a cheap rubber butt pad or something else stupid.

Thanks

hhh
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#1]
what type of stock does he currently have on it? If it's the later style A1 stock i'd just say swap it out with an A2 and be done with it. It's quick and painless and can always be swapped back.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#2]
That's actually what I was just thinking about.

It's got an early model (no trap door) stock on it now.   I'm trying to locate a surplus A2 stock that is beat up a little.   Something to keep with the theme of an older gun.

Any ideas where to find one cheap?
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 11:28:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 12:16:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's actually what I was just thinking about.

It's got an early model (no trap door) stock on it now.   I'm trying to locate a surplus A2 stock that is beat up a little.   Something to keep with the theme of an older gun.

Any ideas where to find one cheap?
View Quote

You can pick up a used A2 assembly on the cheap here on the EE.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 7:36:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top