Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/3/2024 4:38:37 PM EDT
Thinking of converting a grendel rifle to a SA piston system. Rifle is suppressed.
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 7:45:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Why would you do this?
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 3:39:28 PM EDT
[#2]
mostly because the suppressor makes everything upstream of the gas block filthy. the carbon deposits even end deep in the loaded mag. the carbon deposits either go out the front or back, with out the front much preferred.
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 10:47:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Personally, I wouldn't do it.
Link Posted: Yesterday 3:27:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By porktyme:
mostly because the suppressor makes everything upstream of the gas block filthy. the carbon deposits even end deep in the loaded mag. the carbon deposits either go out the front or back, with out the front much preferred.
View Quote
You won’t solve this problem like this.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:26:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Much appreciated all. I hear ya. Stick with direct impingement.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:33:04 AM EDT
[#6]
When I had a Grendel AR, it was a 12.5” carbine gas choked down to run fulltime suppressed with a .264 MG7k. It ran great. With that said, I switched to a 16” bolt gun in pursuit of velocity, so I’d probably go longer if I did another AR. Like maybe 18”…
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top