Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2024 7:11:57 PM EDT
Without breaking the arms or getting hurt?

Darten Mustang? It has been in a plastic case for last 18 years stored in a closet, asked a couple local spot and the answer was NO! You'll die.

But they can restoring it for $200

That's alot more than I paid for it, great bow, it fit me and still killed animals.

It is still strung and has been...
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:29:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I would change the string and cables.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:32:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I would not chance it even after changing the bow string. Delamination is a thing and for $200 I would just spend a little more for something new.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:37:00 PM EDT
[#3]
When a bow comes apart under tension it can really wreck your day.   I wouldn’t even pay for a rebuild.
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 4:18:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks! I will look for a new bow! Not worth it
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 12:29:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Good call.  I took a 20 something year old bow to my local shop just to donate for a new archer, or parts if they wanted it….

They didn’t want it for either, said the liability wasn’t worth it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top