Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks Todd! Getting Mojave to SHOT was a team effort!

A 5.56 version? That's something to think about :).

SilentMike
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 9:49:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here’s my plan:

1. Buy this the second it becomes available
2. Put it up against the Nitro N2O, Omega 9k, and Wolfman on my Dakota D54N, and the winner gets to live on that host for the foreseeable future.
View Quote

The nitro and wolfman are much bigger cans that will sound better then this.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 6:31:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The nitro and wolfman are much bigger cans that will sound better then this.
View Quote

Perhaps, but I’m planning short config most likely, for whatever I go with.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:46:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Wolfman has pressure rating of 2000 ft lbs and this Mojave has 1900 ft lbs. seems it would do well on a lot of different hosts as long as you’re not dumb about it. Flow though 556
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#5]
im happy I didn't buy a Wolfman yet...
this is what ive been waiting for.
ill buy this the second my LGS gets it or SS gets it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So throw it on a Ruger American 762x39 to pull double duty shooting a deer once a year and not on an AK? Gotcha
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
300 BLK is designed to get a near complete propellant burn out of a short barrel. Most 7.62 x 39 and 5.56 is not. Our concern is that you’ll prematurely erode your blast baffle from unburied propellant with a diet of 7.62 x 39 and 5.56.

SilentMike
Dead Air

So throw it on a Ruger American 762x39 to pull double duty shooting a deer once a year and not on an AK? Gotcha

This is how I read it as well!

I just purchased a Nomad Ti for RAR 7.62x39, but this would have been interesting to buy and be the first kid on the block to have one.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Interesting he said the ideal host is a Sig 226 rather than something like a MP5. Cures me of any FOMO since I got a Wolfman for my PCC’s.

On a side note, will this be available in a naked version?
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 1:35:24 PM EDT
[#9]
This seems to compete with both the Ghost M45 & Wolfman.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 1:58:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Except that whole 45 part.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 2:08:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

It’s a traditional 9mm pistol can which they haven’t done yet. The Odessa is a different animal. Ghost is 45 and Wolfman would be more subgun oriented.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 3:18:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It’s a traditional 9mm pistol can which they haven’t done yet. The Odessa is a different animal. Ghost is 45 and Wolfman would be more subgun oriented.
View Quote

The Ghost doesn't have Stellite baffles. This seems to be a 9mm pistol/PCC can, whereas the Ghost seems close, but with a .45 bore. Seems like an evolution of the Ghost (if you will) in response to the market trend towards 9mm.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 3:35:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly!

Mojave 9 slots into an opening in the Dead Air product line. As pointed out, the Ghost is 45 can, the Wolfman is at its heart a higher volume subgun can that can moonlight as a pistol and rifle can, and Odessa is a very specialized , highly configurable 9mm can for more conscientious users.

SilentMike
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:31:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't really need another pistol can but I'm really curious about it so I might have to get one and maybe a P226 as well.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It’s a traditional 9mm pistol can which they haven’t done yet.
View Quote

Nah, they still haven’t done a conventional 9mm can. I’d argue to say that niche cans are their whole thing. I can think of three of their cans that aren’t niche. I don’t mean that in a bad way. They do cool shit.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:43:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't really need another pistol can but I'm really curious about it so I might have to get one and maybe a P226 as well.
View Quote

I believe you will be happy with both the Sig 226 9mm and the Mojave. A match made in heaven!

I'm all about the niche!

SilentMike
Dead Air
AAC 1998-2018
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:53:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Nah, they still haven’t done a conventional 9mm can. I’d argue to say that niche cans are their whole thing. I can think of three of their cans that aren’t niche. I don’t mean that in a bad way. They do cool shit.
View Quote

I'm curious, what is a conventional 9mm can to you?  
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m as confused as you are with these classifications.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:17:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don’t need most of the shit I own, but I am almost certainly going to buy this.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:43:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

We usually look at a purpose-built 9mm handgun suppressors as the typical "conventional" 9mm in terms of form factor, weight, function, etc.  The Mojave 9 hits all those points but comes in a bit shorter than some and definitely lighter than most.  It's 1.375" diameter (but the splined grip features are proud of that surface by a bit) is very much the industry norm.  It pushes the envelope by being crazy light but still being adaptable enough to handle PCC and subgun use.  Even 300BLK supers and 350 Legend if you don't go nuts.  Maybe that makes it non-conventional in the end, but the idea is that it takes care of the missing all-around 9mm handgun suppressor in our lineup.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering

Oh, and cool pics from product testing and Shot Show:

Mojave torture

Mojave short configuration

Mojave full configuration

Mojave baffle
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:23:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I have many silencers.  I’m primarily a pistol shooter,  yet somehow the Nomad 30 is my favorite silencer.  Its performance is amazing.

I really want a Mojave 9.  Just waiting for a James Reeves review.   Please make it happen!

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 1:23:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

We usually look at a purpose-built 9mm handgun suppressors as the typical "conventional" 9mm in terms of form factor, weight, function, etc.  The Mojave 9 hits all those points but comes in a bit shorter than some and definitely lighter than most.  It's 1.375" diameter (but the splined grip features are proud of that surface by a bit) is very much the industry norm.  It pushes the envelope by being crazy light but still being adaptable enough to handle PCC and subgun use.  Even 300BLK supers and 350 Legend if you don't go nuts.  Maybe that makes it non-conventional in the end, but the idea is that it takes care of the missing all-around 9mm handgun suppressor in our lineup.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52639593520_fe099c11a4_o.jpgMojave torture

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52667061987_f35a022971_b.jpgMojave short configuration

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52667061517_7ac05fe09e_b.jpgMojave full configuration

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52667061042_6122686060_b.jpgMojave baffle
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52639593520_fe099c11a4_o.jpgMojave torture

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52667061987_f35a022971_b.jpgMojave short configuration

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52667061517_7ac05fe09e_b.jpgMojave full configuration

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52667061042_6122686060_b.jpgMojave baffle

I will never tire of looking at that first pic.

It looks like we made a photon torpedo launcher!

The naked can is the business!

SilentMike
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:40:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
im happy I didn't buy a Wolfman yet
View Quote

I bought one 4 months ago. Fuck now i don't even care when the shit comes.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 5:26:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
im happy I didn't buy a Wolfman yet

I'm actually curious about where this is intended or designed to functionally fit into the lineup, relative to the Wolfman.

Quoted:
I'd say the Mojave 9 is a handgun silencer first, PCC/subgun second.  The Wolfman would be the PCC/subgun can first, handgun if you really had to.  IMHO of course.

Is that how their relative capabilities stack up?
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 9:46:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 9:50:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

ehhhh I wouldnt think of it that way.  the Wolfman is a great can no doubt.. its a PCC suppressor that CAN be used on a handgun, and the Mojave 9 is a pistol suppressor that CAN be used on a PCC....
so depending what your doing, you bought the Wolfman over another 9 suppressor for PCC use as a main reason...I would assume anyway.
if thats the case, the Wolfman will be still a solid choice hands down for a PCC.

I'll be grabbing a Mojave 9 for use on my Glock and for use on my kp9, I want a handgun suppressor that can be used on a PCC.

don't beat yourself up, id be thrilled to have either Wolfman or Mojave 9, its just a new can that has just been released, so its getting some extra attention. your Wolfman will be great for what you bought it to be used on.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:16:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Different use cases IMO. Throw the Wolfman on a PCC and go to town. Get the Mojave for pistol use.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:42:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

The kind that most everyone makes. 1.375” OD, user serviceable, traditionally machined.

Like I said, I’m not knocking it. I think its rad that y’all depart the well beaten path. If I wanted a cookie-cutter product, I’d look elsewhere. I like those, too. So I’ve got a safe full of both conventional and interesting cans.

Examples of fairly run-of-the mill construction cans in your lineup are the Ghost and the Mask. The Mask is of course one of the best rimfire cans ever made, and even with that can you took a slightly different path than most of the rimfire cans that were common at the time by making it with stainless conical baffles, and I’m glad y’all did. The Ghost also has distinguishing features that weren’t super-common when it came out.

I maintain that most of y’all’s products are differently focused, and that’s not a bad thing.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:43:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Its not a classification, just an opinion from a random internet user.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:16:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Naked is cool.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Would really like to see Pew Science testing on this one.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 8:01:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Speaking of subgun cans, @mageever I’d like to see some kind of titanium large OD lightweight sub can.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 8:52:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Speaking of subgun cans, @mageever I’d like to see some kind of titanium large OD lightweight sub can.
View Quote

Hell, just make it a non modular woldman Ti
Easy without reinventing the wheel
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 9:52:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Hell, just make it a non modular woldman Ti
Easy without reinventing the wheel
View Quote

That thought crossed my mind but I want the girth and not length.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, that'd be cool.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top