Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 19
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 10:27:46 PM EDT
[#1]
No timing/shims necessary for xeno mounts? Did i read that right? Does DA include them?

Deciding which mount route to go with soon.

Link Posted: 1/6/2023 10:41:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No timing/shims necessary for xeno mounts? Did i read that right? Does DA include them?

Deciding which mount route to go with soon.

View Quote
That is correct. No timing is necessary.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 1:15:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
@Mageever

Why no 14x1LH Xeno?  You no love AK?  

Also, have any of the 3rd party Xeno muzzle devices hit the streets yet?  Other than that one LMT brake, I haven't seen anything.

It kind of sucks to have only 1/2x28 and 5/8x24 threading.

I had to get some Griffin Plan A to fill in the gaps.
View Quote

Forward Controls Design does their 6310 and 6315 in Xeno compatible. I've swapped most of my guns to the closed bottom FCD rather than the DA A1 style full radial.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 3:13:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Forward Controls Design does their 6310 and 6315 in Xeno compatible. I've swapped most of my guns to the closed bottom FCD rather than the DA A1 style full radial.
View Quote
Their website is jacked. They don't list those under muzzle devices, but under AR upper parts.

So basically they are just the A2 version of the DA A1 style flash hider, but still only in 1/2-28 and 5/8-24. So only slightly different from what DA already offers.

Link Posted: 1/7/2023 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
@Mageever

Why no 14x1LH Xeno?  You no love AK?  

Also, have any of the 3rd party Xeno muzzle devices hit the streets yet?  Other than that one LMT brake, I haven't seen anything.

It kind of sucks to have only 1/2x28 and 5/8x24 threading.

I had to get some Griffin Plan A to fill in the gaps.
View Quote

You KNOW I love AK.  It takes time to fill out the product line.  We now have four styles of Xeno (A1, Omni brake, Xero, and Wee Brake).  We even offer M13.5x1 LH Sig Taper now so you know stuff is happening.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 5:48:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You KNOW I love AK.  It takes time to fill out the product line.  We now have four styles of Xeno (A1, Omni brake, Xero, and Wee Brake).  We even offer M13.5x1 LH Sig Taper now so you know stuff is happening.
View Quote

When did the 13.5 LH tapered one happen? Don’t see it on y’all’s website.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 7:28:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe some 9/16x24 hunting rifle love coming, at least for the Xero?
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Oh awesome. This would be better for me if I didn’t already replace the whole barrel on my MPX with an ILWT one, but its cool to know this exists now.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 9:36:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hopefully soon there will be a Xeno mount for the Saker series...??
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 10:51:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's true. You guys did do the Wolverine after all.

I appreciate what you do. Trying to be patient.  I just want to Xeno all the things.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 12:56:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Concur, it would be nice to get my Saker off the bench and use it some where weight isn't as critical.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#13]
So started moving towards Xeno mounts away from some other party mounts.  I have all the muzzle devices installed on my guns but not shot any yet.  Just curious when threading the suppressor onto the muzzle device.  How tight do you have to be for the suppressor to not walk off?  Just hand tight (obviously checking after a few rounds to make sure they didnt walk off)?  Cause I'd most likely be moving a few suppressor around to different guns and wasn't sure.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 9:27:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So started moving towards Xeno mounts away from some other party mounts.  I have all the muzzle devices installed on my guns but not shot any yet.  Just curious when threading the suppressor onto the muzzle device.  How tight do you have to be for the suppressor to not walk off?  Just hand tight (obviously checking after a few rounds to make sure they didnt walk off)?  Cause I'd most likely be moving a few suppressor around to different guns and wasn't sure.
View Quote
I always screw mine on to where it's just kissing the taper. Then grab it, twist it back a smidge and give it a sharp wrist snap to tighten it.

Tapers are generally more difficult to remove than attach, so whatever force you used to screw it on, it will be slightly more torque than that to remove it. Keep that in mind if you are tempted to gorilla grip and really crank it on there.

I currently have a Turbo K and all my other 5.56 cans are still in jail, so I'm swapping it around between guns a lot.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 10:15:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I always screw mine on to where it's just kissing the taper. Then grab it, twist it back a smidge and give it a sharp wrist snap to tighten it.

Tapers are generally more difficult to remove than attach, so whatever force you used to screw it on, it will be slightly more torque than that to remove it. Keep that in mind if you are tempted to gorilla grip and really crank it on there.

I currently have a Turbo K and all my other 5.56 cans are still in jail, so I'm swapping it around between guns a lot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this is how i've done it in the past and was just making sure that worked with this.  thx
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 3:02:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Oh awesome. This would be better for me if I didn’t already replace the whole barrel on my MPX with an ILWT one, but its cool to know this exists now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Well, at least you have a much better barrel now!  The ILWT barrels fixed some design flaws that can cause weird harmonics/accuracy issues with the factory Sig barrels.

Quoted:

When did the 13.5 LH tapered one happen? Don’t see it on y’all’s website.

It's in the dropdown options for the pistol PCC oriented Wee Brake.  

Quoted:

For sure.  Would you rather have a Xero type mount or something else?  Like a single or two port brake?

Quoted:

Working on it!
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 3:16:59 PM EDT
[#17]
@Mageever

Do you guys have a suggested torque spec for the Xeno HUB adapter? I’m wanting to use a torque wrench with that nice socket affordance vs. the spanners which I struggle with.

35 ft-lbs is what Q says for the Plan B. I figure any 1.375x24 HUB is going to be similar, no?
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

For sure.  Would you rather have a Xero type mount or something else?  Like a single or two port brake?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

@mageever

I would love to see 9/16x24 single or two port brakes available for purchase!  I'm fully invested in Xeno.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 6:11:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

@mageever

I would love to see 9/16x24 single or two port brakes available for purchase!  I'm fully invested in Xeno.
View Quote

I am wanting a single or 2 port brake for my precision rifles. For a hunting rifle, I prefer the Xero!
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 8:42:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Well, at least you have a much better barrel now!  The ILWT barrels fixed some design flaws that can cause weird harmonics/accuracy issues with the factory Sig barrels.

It's in the dropdown options for the pistol PCC oriented Wee Brake.  

Working on it!
View Quote

Nice! Have money. Ready to part with it good sir!
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 9:12:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

I like lightweight for hunting rifles, which I think would be the main use for 9/16"x24, and I use my suppressed rifles, suppressed. So I'd prefer the minimalist Xero, I could make do with a Wee brake, a heavy two porter would probably be a no go for me though.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Right on.  Thanks for the input everyone!
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 7:06:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
@Mageever

Do you guys have a suggested torque spec for the Xeno HUB adapter? I’m wanting to use a torque wrench with that nice socket affordance vs. the spanners which I struggle with.

35 ft-lbs is what Q says for the Plan B. I figure any 1.375x24 HUB is going to be similar, no?
View Quote

I just posted in that separate topic, but I recommend 30-35 ft-lbs.  I also mention a technique with how I use threadlocker as well.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 11:23:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

@mageever

View Quote

I'd like to see a 1/2 -28 as well as 5/8-24 two port brake in Xeno, something that looks similar to Keymo or YHM brakes. It be nice to have options.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 8:48:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I just posted in that separate topic, but I recommend 30-35 ft-lbs.  I also mention a technique with how I use threadlocker as well.
View Quote
Just one drop of threadlocker on a spot on the threads makes a lot of sense. Great suggestion!
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 1:01:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Mageever

I tried looking for that other topic with no success. Which kind of threadlocker do you use? Rocksett? Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I tried looking for that other topic with no success. Which kind of threadlocker do you use? Rocksett? Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/1-375x24-HUB-Torque-Value/20-541243/
Quoted:

Yeah, 35 ft-lbs is ideal, but it's hard to do.  We're currently spec'ing 30 ft-lbs at the plant.  That seems to be a good middle ground for staying tight, but then also having it be removable for customers that are wrenching on it later.

The Xeno gives you the ability to run an 1-1/8 socket and you can hit with some impact like Gtscotty said.  That's legit what we do in the office.

I'm actually a fan of a single little dot of medium strength Loctite 243 (or better yet Vibra-Tite 123) on the far threads down in the can.  You get just a few threads engaged that are coated, but it really helps a lot.  You can still break it free later and it holds well.  It will eventually get torched if you shoot hard, but it still holds well and you'll find you'll have to still work at it to get it removed.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering  

Link Posted: 1/10/2023 6:35:16 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/1-375x24-HUB-Torque-Value/20-541243/
Quoted:

Yeah, 35 ft-lbs is ideal, but it's hard to do.  We're currently spec'ing 30 ft-lbs at the plant.  That seems to be a good middle ground for staying tight, but then also having it be removable for customers that are wrenching on it later.

The Xeno gives you the ability to run an 1-1/8 socket and you can hit with some impact like Gtscotty said.  That's legit what we do in the office.

I'm actually a fan of a single little dot of medium strength Loctite 243 (or better yet Vibra-Tite 123) on the far threads down in the can.  You get just a few threads engaged that are coated, but it really helps a lot.  You can still break it free later and it holds well.  It will eventually get torched if you shoot hard, but it still holds well and you'll find you'll have to still work at it to get it removed.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 6:40:42 PM EDT
[#29]
@Mageever

Any plans for a shorter Xeno adapter?
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 7:35:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
@Mageever

View Quote

LMT makes one. not sure if its available on its own, i would hope so.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

LMT makes one. not sure if its available on its own, i would hope so.
View Quote
They do, but I think it only comes with their suppressor. I've never found it for sale anywhere separately.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 12:43:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
@Mageever

View Quote

I can't reveal plans, but it's good to know what you're asking for.  The Xeno adapter is mostly just "visually long", meaning it sticks out the back and swallows up the mount anyway.  Having said that, the fine print is that as you move the mount further into the blast chamber, you can begin to damage and eventually run into the blast baffle.  In order to reduce damage, the types of muzzle devices become very restricted--like brakes and no open prong flash hiders that focus erosive forces.  

Some of the ultra short adapter systems that are out there don't care what can you install it on.  We care because we know we'll see it back for warranty.  Plus, it adversely affects the sound performance and we don't want that for customers either.  

Anyway, just throwing that out there so people know what they're asking for when they're trying to shave a 1/4" off.  We could take another 1/4" off the back of the muzzle device--but then you may not have a convenient tool features for installation or for removal from stuck adapters.  There are a lot of direct thread Plan B and Trash Pandas out there if you know what I'm saying.  We like people to be able throw common tools on our stuff whenever possible.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:08:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
They do, but I think it only comes with their suppressor. I've never found it for sale anywhere separately.
View Quote

they said they would sell it on its own but it never happened. Not sure if they changed their mind or just never got around to it
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:27:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I can't reveal plans, but it's good to know what you're asking for.  The Xeno adapter is mostly just "visually long", meaning it sticks out the back and swallows up the mount anyway.  Having said that, the fine print is that as you move the mount further into the blast chamber, you can begin to damage and eventually run into the blast baffle.  In order to reduce damage, the types of muzzle devices become very restricted--like brakes and no open prong flash hiders that focus erosive forces.  

Some of the ultra short adapter systems that are out there don't care what can you install it on.  We care because we know we'll see it back for warranty.  Plus, it adversely affects the sound performance and we don't want that for customers either.  

Anyway, just throwing that out there so people know what they're asking for when they're trying to shave a 1/4" off.  We could take another 1/4" off the back of the muzzle device--but then you may not have a convenient tool features for installation or for removal from stuck adapters.  There are a lot of direct thread Plan B and Trash Pandas out there if you know what I'm saying.  We like people to be able throw common tools on our stuff whenever possible.
View Quote

Got it, figured the design was at least partially built around maintaining a set distance from the blast baffle on your cans. My interest is in keeping an ancient M4-2000 a little shorter since I had it modified to take a Hub mount instead of the old 18T mount. The 18T sunk in pretty deep into the can as originally designed, having the Hub conversion kept it about the same length, but of course adding the Xeno adapter adds that .685" to the end. Honestly, it's not that big of a deal, barely more than half an inch. But, I've just been wondering at what point does the return from the extra length from the blast baffle diminish and if something with the length of a Plan A or Plan B might be in the works?
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 2:01:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks for the tip on the impact wrench and socket.   Picked up a 1 1/8" impact socket and a cheap Bauer 3spd impact from Harbor Freight.  Was able to get it a little tighter than by hand.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 5:27:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Where can I find the torque specs for the muzzle devices?  I take it to keep from loosening the MD when tightening the adapter on you need to rocksett the MD, correct?
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Where can I find the torque specs for the muzzle devices?  I take it to keep from loosening the MD when tightening the adapter on you need to rocksett the MD, correct?
View Quote
It's in their videos but I did rockset and did a torque of 25 ft/lbs
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 11:07:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Can we get a Xeno mount for the 1895 SBL in .45-70, preferably something that will help tame the recoil?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:44:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Q makes some nice stuff, but nobody out there is making suppressors that can defy the laws of physics. There is nothing magical about what they’re doing, and only so many things you can do to make them lighter, quieter, and cleaner. And while admitting that KB is probably a brilliant guy, him being “how he is” gives me pause when considering their products. It concerns me for the long-term stability of their company, and when you can get something just as good from any number of other companies, I think the risk outweighs the benefit with Q. Unless you just really want everything to be titanium, but there are some durability concerns with that as well.

Maybe one day I’ll get one of their cans and it will change my mind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
KB shit talks everyone and anyone.

Its why I'll bever buy from them - he's a known dick.

Q makes some nice stuff, but nobody out there is making suppressors that can defy the laws of physics. There is nothing magical about what they’re doing, and only so many things you can do to make them lighter, quieter, and cleaner. And while admitting that KB is probably a brilliant guy, him being “how he is” gives me pause when considering their products. It concerns me for the long-term stability of their company, and when you can get something just as good from any number of other companies, I think the risk outweighs the benefit with Q. Unless you just really want everything to be titanium, but there are some durability concerns with that as well.

Maybe one day I’ll get one of their cans and it will change my mind.

I'm more of reader than a poster on here, and consider myself a humble guy that wants to buy from good people.  Who is Q and what company is he with?  Sounds like a product that I want to avoid.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm more of reader than a poster on here, and consider myself a humble guy that wants to buy from good people.  Who is Q and what company is he with?  Sounds like a product that I want to avoid.
View Quote

Q is the company, Kevin Brittingham is the owner. Pretty infamous in a few circles for being immature and plenty willing to lie about how good his stuff is even when his competitors are shown to be just as good (if not better) from more neutral testing.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 7:58:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Q is the company, Kevin Brittingham is the owner. Pretty infamous in a few circles for being immature and plenty willing to lie about how good his stuff is even when his competitors are shown to be just as good (if not better) from more neutral testing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you, I am new to the suppressor game and have a Silencer Co. Omega 36M in jail.  From reading this thread and trying to learn, he def sounds like someone I am not interested in supporting.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 11:09:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Just got my CGS Helios QD Ti out of jail and am having trouble getting the XENO adapter (DA455) to thread. It will make maybe two turns into the CGS core, and about the same into the CGS QD adapter. Grease isn't helping much.

Tried about as hard as I can with my hands and before I take tools to it, thought I would check if anyone else has experience with this combo?

ETA: nvm, apparently anything is possible with enough lube and determination.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 2:59:31 AM EDT
[#43]
what happened to the 3-prong DA129? websites were listing it months ago but still haven't seen it
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:04:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Anyone know if the P-Series would fit a CGS Mod-9?
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Anyone know if the P-Series would fit a CGS Mod-9?
View Quote
It will not.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:57:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It will not.
View Quote

Thanks. 3-lug it is, then.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 7:17:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Right on.  Thanks for the input everyone!
View Quote

Any info on when the 9/16x24 Xeno Xeros might be available? I've got a 300 WSM Tikka that's itching to get cut to 18" and wear a Nomad TI. Thinking about what to do with the threading job, 9/16x24 would be the easy button.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Any info on when the 9/16x24 Xeno Xeros might be available? I've got a 300 WSM Tikka that's itching to get cut to 18" and wear a Nomad TI. Thinking about what to do with the threading job, 9/16x24 would be the easy button.
View Quote

+1

I've been using an Ecco 9/16x24 direct thread adapter while I wait for DA to make a 9/16x24 Xeno brake...
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 9:55:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

+1

I've been using an Ecco 9/16x24 direct thread adapter while I wait for DA to make a 9/16x24 Xeno brake...
View Quote

Crickets from DA here, doesn't sound like 9/16x24 is imminent. I considered trying to find someone to cut a 1/2x28 Xero to 9/16x24, but probably not cost effective vs using an adapter.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket company making Xeno compatible muzzle devices that might be able to branch out on thread pitches a little more? I thought there were a few companies planning to start making Xeno compatible muzzle devices a while back, but haven't heard anything else in a while.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:21:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Has anyone really put a Xeno mount can through the paces or taken a carbine course with it?

I have an M4-2000 that's been converted to Xeno mount. First time I tried mounting the can to the muzzle device, the Xeno mount on the suppressor came loose. I understand once it's mounted, the benefit is you won't loosen your muzzle device trying to remove the can (reverse threaded). But now I have to worry about the adapter mount itself....not the muzzle device. Seemed to replace one problem with another.

I've since used Rocksett on the Xeno adapter to suppressor. Just curious if the threaded taper mount will hold up to long and fast strings of fire without backing off the muzzle device any.
Page / 19
Top Top