Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2024 7:47:51 PM EDT
Just picked up a new AGM RATTLER-C V2 35-384 Clip On Thermal. This is the V2 updated version of the popular Rattler Clip On Thermal optics. All of the original Rattler Clip On models had a great feature where you could purchase an optional screw on eye piece to convert the Clip on Thermal into a fully function thermal scope allowing lots of versatility. Attaching the optional eyepiece would change the menu settings on the Rattler to a standard Rattler Thermal Scope and the aiming reticle and scope settings would appear. Adding the eyepiece would also allow you to use the Rattler as a hand held monocular.

After I received the  Rattler V2, I called AGM as I didn't see in the manual how to attach the optional eyepiece to the V2. AGM said the optional eyepiece does not fit the V2 models and therefore the option to convert the Rattler Clip on to a standard Rattler Scope is no longer an option. This change therefore also removes the convenience of using the Rattler Clip on as a monocular. You can see the thermal image if you hold it up to your eye, but it's not efficient as the eyepiece would have allowed you to index your eye at the right distance from the screen.

Not sure why they would have removed these great features. The rep said at this time they had not plans on offering these features on the V2 variants.

Still gonna keep it as my primary use was as a clip on but figured I'd post this in case anyone is thinking of buying one so they know the changes.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 5:50:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Thank you for that.  This is a key piece of information for me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 6:21:24 AM EDT
[#2]
That is some serious horse sh....manure
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 8:41:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Full-Auto:

Not sure why they would have removed these great features. The rep said at this time they had not plans on offering these features on the V2 variants.
View Quote

Cost is probably the reason

Thanks for letting us know before we would have  purchased

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top