Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/17/2024 6:50:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dangermouse78] [#1]
Ordered a Wolff 45 inch, 12g spring today.

Thinking about ordering that GG&G shell side saddle with the built in QD sling attachment. I'm worried that it might pull off or scratch off the multicam though.

That GG&G zuk handguard & heat shield are awesome looking, might have to have that someday.
Link Posted: 9/17/2024 8:13:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fokkfess:

I have that spring and the package tells you what length to trim to.  I believe it recommended 14-16" and I trimmed to 15".
View Quote

How many springs are used? It appears to have multiple in the package (got it in the mail today but I'm had to leave for a work trip)
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:18:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#3]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

I’m with you, that’s why I bought one. Aside from being harder to ghost load, there’s no downside.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Marksman14:
Originally Posted By MK318:

Also if you are wearing gloves, the lifter doesn’t snag on the fingers when loading. It makes loading a lot more simple by just taking the lifter out of the equation. You don’t have the lifter in the way of the magazine tube. Is it required? No, you can train around the lifter but why when a product exists that isn’t very expensive and makes running the gun that much easier. Outside of its cost there are no negatives. In the newest Mod 2 version of the 1301 it comes from the factory with the Pro lifter installed. On the A300UP it is an upgrade. The prolifter and the opened up loading port on the A300UP makes loading doubles a breeze.

I’m with you, that’s why I bought one. Aside from being harder to ghost load, there’s no downside.

Ghost loading gets easier after you figure out that you have to adjust the lifters position a little to release the tension to get it to go down far enough to get the ghost load below the bolt. First few times I had to tinker with it a bit but now I can ghost load just as easy as before.
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:37:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I do not want to hijack this thread. But if you put an adhesive side saddle on your receiver it will remove the finish on your receiver. Ask me how I know. It removed the finish on mine and I put it back in place to cover the receivers original finish.
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:40:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MK318:

Ghost loading gets easier after you figure out that you have to adjust the lifters position a little to release the tension to get it to go down far enough to get the ghost load below the bolt. First few times I had to tinker with it a bit but now I can ghost load just as easy as before.
View Quote

I managed to get it to work a few times then realized 7 will probably do the trick
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:47:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#6]
Originally Posted By Reddtv:
I do not want to hijack this thread. But if you put an adhesive side saddle on your receiver it will remove the finish on your receiver. Ask me how I know. It removed the finish on mine and I put it back in place to cover the receivers original finish.
View Quote

I’m sure it could remove the Cerakote finish. The black ones should be anodized black. I like the convenience of the Velcro side saddles but I really want a more permanent shell holder. I’ve been playing with making a side saddle that indexes off a spacer between the receiver and stock that will have a mount that will allow you to use a system similar to the Aridus detachable carrier except it will hold 8 shells instead of 6. I have no idea why the entire industry seems to default to 6 shells for a gun that holds 8.

I’m still messing with the design and using a 3D printer but as I’m not an engineer by trade and this is my first 3D printer, I am teaching myself as a go along so it is slow going and I’m screwing up more than I am sucessful but it’s been a fun project.
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:59:40 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Good info. Thank you.
Link Posted: Yesterday 2:04:49 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

That was true of the colored finishes Beretta was using on shotguns like the 1301 previously.

The cerakote they are applying to the A300UP is being done with legit cerakote here in their US plant and shouldn't do that.

Their prior finish was a European coating that was supposed to be super-duper environmentally friendly...meaning it sucked.
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:30:39 PM EDT
[#9]
The Pro Lifter is awesome!

Link Posted: Today 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Mick214:
The Pro Lifter is awesome!

https://i.postimg.cc/Vsj8jnJx/Pro-Lifter-3.jpg
View Quote

Got mine in this morning. Super easy.

If you can convert your 92g into a 92f, then the pro lifter swap is easy peasy lemon squeezy!
Page / 16
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top