Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2024 6:06:35 AM EDT
Looking for a new PCC, with the following attributes:

1. Takes Glock Mags

2. Feeds JHP Reliably

3. Folding brace

Whats the best option with those 3 attributes?
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 8:25:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: amphibian] [#1]
JP5....for that criteria
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I was going to say the EP-9, but it lacks the folding brace. Still a nice little pistol, though.
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 9:08:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Probably a GHM9 with the A3 tactical folding stock, or just get the collapsible since it collapses all the way in, and is probably a smaller footprint than the folding stock.
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 11:08:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheLASwamp:
I was going to say the EP-9, but it lacks the folding brace. Still a nice little pistol, though.
View Quote

EP9 works well but you hve to get the macon armory magazine catch for it to be uber reliable
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#5]
https://matadorarms.com
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 7:43:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheLASwamp] [#6]
Originally Posted By gqllc:

EP9 works well but you hve to get the macon armory magazine catch for it to be uber reliable
View Quote
I would like to know more...

ETA: Do you mean the EPC-9 or the Extar EP-9? I was talking about the Extar, which isn't the same pistol as the EPC-9. I read that the EPC-9 wasn't feeding hollow points reliable. I haven't heard that the EP-9 has the same problem with hollow points.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 5:43:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TheLASwamp:
I would like to know more...

ETA: Do you mean the EPC-9 or the Extar EP-9? I was talking about the Extar, which isn't the same pistol as the EPC-9. I read that the EPC-9 wasn't feeding hollow points reliable. I haven't heard that the EP-9 has the same problem with hollow points.
View Quote

My BAD....the EPC-9 needs the mag catch
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 6:34:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By gqllc:

My BAD....the EPC-9 needs the mag catch
View Quote
Lol, okay. You had me nervous for a moment there. I do need to replace the buffer tube end plate on the EP-9 since it's polymer and it's prone to failure. I think it takes a standard AR plate.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 6:49:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By amphibian:
JP5....for that criteria
View Quote

Folds?
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 8:04:08 AM EDT
[#10]
What about the Stribog A3? You can get it for glock mags and folding brace around $1200. probably less.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 8:16:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: spydercomonkey] [#11]
I really wish there was just a Glock mag lower for the CZ Scorpion.

Just want a simple, reliable folding Glock mag PCC.

Frankly shocked this isn't on the market, as I suspect thats what most people want.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 8:27:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By scostu:
https://matadorarms.com
View Quote

That looks promising but seems fairly new.

Quick goog seems they are the same guys when made the Brownells BRN-9, which seems to have been taken off the market.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 8:32:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By gotigers:
What about the Stribog A3? You can get it for glock mags and folding brace around $1200. probably less.
View Quote

This was my leading contender but seems the Stribog had issues in Sage Dynamics testing:

Lazyengineer also mentioned that the Stribog needs several updates to run reliably, which is a concern.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/The-Stribog-9mm-a-recap-of-where-we-are-now-in-2024/48-551930/

Link Posted: 6/5/2024 9:31:32 AM EDT
[#14]
The GHM9 seems like a very good option.  I would also consider rolling your own with a CMMG RDB kit.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 12:18:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: amphibian] [#15]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

Folds?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By amphibian:
JP5....for that criteria

Folds?
Whoops missed that...maybe the CMMG Dissent would work for you.  I have one but haven't tried it w/ JHP yet
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#16]

This was my leading contender but seems the Stribog had issues in Sage Dynamics testing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGIBuXZgK_4

Lazyengineer also mentioned that the Stribog needs several updates to run reliably, which is a concern.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/The-Stribog-9mm-a-recap-of-where-we-are-now-in-2024/48-551930/

View Quote

Even his own words, he said most of the issues were the stock adapter not the gun. The other issues were really very minor. Oh well., you do you.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 11:37:56 PM EDT
[#17]
It's not my favorite range toy but the Ruger PC Charger has been dead reliable.  So much so that I broke down and SBR'd it so I could put on a proper stock. It's easy to install a folder if you want one.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 11:39:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Glock in a Recover Tactical brace?
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 4:49:12 AM EDT
[#19]

Even his own words, he said most of the issues were the stock adapter not the gun. The other issues were really very minor. Oh well., you do you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGIBuXZgK_4

Ah, thank you. I had missed that part of the video; A3G back in consideration.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 4:54:27 AM EDT
[#20]
I really wish there was just a Glock mag lower for the CZ Scorpion.

Just want a simple, reliable folding Glock mag PCC.

Frankly shocked this isn't on the market, as I suspect thats what most people want.
View Quote

Per Sven in the other thread, apparently the Turks have answered my prayers.

CZ Scorpion clone, but made out of solid aluminum instead of polymer, and takes Glock mags. And it costs as much as Glock.

https://atlanticfirearms.com/blade-tactical-pistol

So far there are pretty much no reviews or info on it, but this company promotional video shows an impressive level of controllability in FA if nothing else. The fact that they have a FA SMG version makes me hopeful it was designed to more stringent specs than a typical turk gun.

ÇELIKARMS CROSSLINE 9x19 mm

This also suggests that a Glock mag conversion lower could be doable for the Scorpion.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 10:04:52 PM EDT
[#21]
APC9 Pro
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Glock in a bullpup chassis?

Doesn’t fold but is fairly short considering the 16” barrel.

Meta Tactical Bullpup chassis
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top