Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2021 1:46:03 AM EDT
Considering picking up a binary trigger but I'm not sure for which platform.
I Pretty much have it narrowed down to the the Evo or Mp5 but I'm having a hard time. Has anyone shot both side by side or have any insight?

The Evo.
Pro's - It's  slightly cheaper(the trigger), I've never had a single malfunction, it appears to run faster but solely based on a few videos I've seen.
Cons - louder when suppressed, more recoil, I believe it weights more but also it's a shorter oal, braced pistol.

Mp5
Pros- less recoil/more controllable,  quieter when suppressed, sbr'ed, it's an Mp5.
Cons- less reliable so far. I only have a few hundred rounds in it but appears to be more picky about ammo and mags. $150 more than the evo trigger, may not be as fast?
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 5:49:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I would put it in the EVO.  If something goes wrong, you would cry less.  Lot easier to replace a $800 gun if it blows up.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:25:39 AM EDT
[#2]
MP5 is better option.  The roller lock is the superior platform.

Evo's have a history of blowing up with Out of Battery issues with just normal trigger out running the gun, so I would imagine you are inviting even more chance of having issue using a binary.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:06:22 AM EDT
[#3]
The evo binary was way faster for me.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm guessing Franklin is the only option for binary? Haven't seen anything else.
I was hoping Rare Breeds would come out with a forced reset but when I asked about it their main focus was on the ar triggers.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:26:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I have two MP5s with binaries and an Evo with a binary. The MP5s are much less jumpy.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:03:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have two MP5s with binaries and an Evo with a binary. The MP5s are much less jumpy.
View Quote
I had a shooters element brake on my evo, it made the mp5 clone seem jumpy when I switched back to it.  Very effective brake.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 4:21:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a shooters element brake on my evo, it made the mp5 clone seem jumpy when I switched back to it.  Very effective brake.
View Quote

I run all of those with suppressors.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 4:30:42 AM EDT
[#8]
CZ Scorpion Evo with Binary trigger

My son say the Evo is the best!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Never shot the EVO with a binary trigger, but the videos I've seen make it look VERY fast. I've got a Franklin Armory binary for my MP5s. I've run it in a full size and K gun. It seems to work better in the K gun. Not sure why. I can only reliably pull off 4 and 6 round strings, which is all I really care about.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I have on in my QC10..

I feed it with 33rnd glock fun sticks..

Link Posted: 3/21/2021 11:59:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I ended up going with the Evo. Main reason being is simply because it was the first available.

I was able to fit yeti's blizzard trigger shoe & replace the FA shoe. Definitely helps element the excess travel. Might try and replace the spring with an HBI to lighten the pull.

I haven't had this much fun shooting in quite some time. Completely forgot about it costing me $1 every time I pressed the giggle switch.

The Evo is a gen1 pistol with HBI micro barrel mid length handguard and an F1 6" suppressor.
Mp5 will end up sitting out the next few range trips.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top