BCM
User Panel

CZ Bren 2 (Page 96 of 103)
Page / 103
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 3:11:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolor] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Zeebz:

So as far as issues with them that is strictly the 7.62x39 guns.  The 5.56 guns are supremely reliable.

CZ just did a drop of some parts for the Bren 2, but this is the first time I think we've seen a parts drop since they've been out.  CZ really got hit hard by COVID it seems.  And lets remember this gun came out in 2019 and then COVID hit.  I know people are mad at the lack of parts, but at least stuff seems to be moving a bit now.

They are being used in Ukraine right now and are getting a lot of hype because of their prowess over there.  As for the discontinued thing... some "ex CZ-USA employee" did an AMA on Reddit a few months back.  It was never confirmed whether he worked there or not, but a lot of people took it seriously.  He said they're discontinuing a ton of guns and Colt will be taking over all US operations for CZ.  Among those guns he said were discontinued were the Bren 2.

Now... CZ changes SKU numbers like its going out of style.  There is a Bren 2 PDW coming out with a different receiver (not sure if it's going to be a US release yet, though).  It's possible CZ is discontinuing current Bren 2 models in preparation to import the new receiver for the Bren 2 pistols so it can support the regular stock as well as the PDW stocks.  The PDW receiver is more angled near the top so the PDW stock bars can go in and out, where-as the current Bren 2 MS receiver is squared out in the same spot.  Here is a picture showing the difference.  Bren 2 MS receiver on top, Bren 2 PDW receiver on bottom.
https://cz-usa.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/20e_CZBren2Ms_556_Pistol_L-1.png
https://imgur.com/Ik1OMsd.png
View Quote

Maybe I'm being suuuuper picky (probably am) but that PDW looks way better. The MS looks blocky and lazy. Something like a child would design. The PDW has those hard edges and just looks way better. If I'm dropping that sort of coin I want it to be right.
Either way thanks for the insight and the pics.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#2]

So as far as issues with them that is strictly the 7.62x39 guns.  The 5.56 guns are supremely reliable.

CZ just did a drop of some parts for the Bren 2, but this is the first time I think we've seen a parts drop since they've been out.  CZ really got hit hard by COVID it seems.  And lets remember this gun came out in 2019 and then COVID hit.  I know people are mad at the lack of parts, but at least stuff seems to be moving a bit now.

They are being used in Ukraine right now and are getting a lot of hype because of their prowess over there.  As for the discontinued thing... some "ex CZ-USA employee" did an AMA on Reddit a few months back.  It was never confirmed whether he worked there or not, but a lot of people took it seriously.  He said they're discontinuing a ton of guns and Colt will be taking over all US operations for CZ.  Among those guns he said were discontinued were the Bren 2.

Now... CZ changes SKU numbers like its going out of style.  There is a Bren 2 PDW coming out with a different receiver (not sure if it's going to be a US release yet, though).  It's possible CZ is discontinuing current Bren 2 models in preparation to import the new receiver for the Bren 2 pistols so it can support the regular stock as well as the PDW stocks.  The PDW receiver is more angled near the top so the PDW stock bars can go in and out, where-as the current Bren 2 MS receiver is squared out in the same spot.  Here is a picture showing the difference.  Bren 2 MS receiver on top, Bren 2 PDW receiver on bottom.
https://cz-usa.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/20e_CZBren2Ms_556_Pistol_L-1.png
https://imgur.com/Ik1OMsd.png
View Quote

Cool.  Thanks for the info.
I guess I'll wait and see what they do.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 10:59:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I know, I know.  I should wait until the brace ruling from the monarchy before I grab one, but I want to shoot the damn Bren!

Can anyone please give me a lead on a Tailhook adapter for the Bren stock or ACR stock?  I know Haga does them, but they are out of stock and have been for a while.   Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!

Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:23:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Does anybody have the Haga Defense Bren 2 aluminum lower receiver? I’m putting mine together and want to know if it can use a milspec AR-15 bolt catch rollpin and detent spring.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:30:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting rifle but too many changes and part numbers to keep up with.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 9:13:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#6]
Originally Posted By geriatricpollywog:
Does anybody have the Haga Defense Bren 2 aluminum lower receiver? I'm putting mine together and want to know if it can use a milspec AR-15 bolt catch rollpin and detent spring.
View Quote

I believe the AR bolt catch is not compatible with the Bren.

Direct from Haga Defense:

"Factory CZ bolt catch/release assembly and disassembly pin will be reused."

Link Posted: 12/31/2022 10:27:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:

View Quote

I have a Bren 2 bolt catch. I’m asking about the bolt catch spring and rollpin.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 1:07:12 PM EDT
[#8]

I have a Bren 2 bolt catch. I'm asking about the bolt catch spring and rollpin.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:

I have a Bren 2 bolt catch. I'm asking about the bolt catch spring and rollpin.

Got it. No comma..

Link Posted: 1/1/2023 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#9]
My spare 16" piston arrived from europe-outdoor.eu after they accidentally sent me the 8" piston. This one is parkerized!

Link Posted: 1/5/2023 2:05:42 AM EDT
[#10]
What 3rd party handguards exist to make the 14” barrel versions look less retarded?
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 4:39:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
What 3rd party handguards exist to make the 14” barrel versions look less retarded?
View Quote

HBI
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 5:18:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Youtawn] [#13]

Well shit....  I haven't even got out to shoot mine yet!  

ETA: CZ USA, if you are reading this, you are going entirely the wrong direction!  You're dumping the Bren and the 527 and replacing it with the 600, which sucks.  I've already dumped my 600 and a 557.  I am keeping my three 527's, my 452 and 453 and my Bren (maybe), but time to find a new manufacturer for future purchases.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 5:28:54 PM EDT
[#14]
How do you like the stock?  On the fence about getting one
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 5:30:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Not too surprised to hear that they've been discontinued.  Aside from my own Bren, I've never seen another one at the range.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 5:47:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Well that sucks.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 7:01:53 PM EDT
[#17]
That’s surprising news about the Bren 2. Is aftermarket support big enough to support the platform with CZ pulling the plug?
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 7:12:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556sniper] [#18]
Well I'm glad I snagged a great deal on a Bren 2 pistol right before Christmas! Sucks that they are being discontinued and hopefully they don't abandon owners like Sig does.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Holy shit... that guy who said he was a ex-CZ USA employee and said CZ is discontinuing importation of the Bren 2 was likely legit.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 7:58:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fivepointoh] [#20]
Guess it's time to get one so I don't miss out like I did when I sold my coyote ACR with coyote PMAG .yeah I know . and then discontinued right after that smh.

eta was gonna get one a few weeks ago and then a bunch of ammo deals popped up so I jumped on those. Bren 2 will be my next purchase. PTR 32P and hk51clone will have to wait
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#21]
sad Bren 2 BR noises

So fucking disappointing we'll never see a civilian version of that gun.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 8:42:40 PM EDT
[#22]
sad Bren 2 BR noises

So fucking disappointing we'll never see a civilian version of that gun.
View Quote
Hate to admit I was wrong about the CZ / Colt merger. Thought it would be CZ turning Colt around. Instead it is Colt driving CZ into the ground.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 9:28:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zeebz] [#23]
Originally Posted By fivepointoh:
Hate to admit I was wrong about the CZ / Colt merger. Thought it would be CZ turning Colt around. Instead it is Colt driving CZ into the ground.
View All Quotes

I thought the same.  I thought CZ would turn Colt around and bring them back to being one of the great American firearm manufacturers.  It is really unfortunate that things are ending up this way.

Originally Posted By Youtawn:
ETA: CZ USA, if you are reading this, you are going entirely the wrong direction!  You're dumping the Bren and the 527 and replacing it with the 600, which sucks.  I've already dumped my 600 and a 557.  I am keeping my three 527's, my 452 and 453 and my Bren (maybe), but time to find a new manufacturer for future purchases.

Honestly I'm debating on even keeping my Bren.  I love the gun but with no parts available if it breaks it's just an expensive paperweight.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 12:57:33 AM EDT
[#24]
NGL if CZ actually fixed and supported the guns and didn't give us weird civil verisions of the mil guns then they probably would have sold better.
It's a shame really.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 7:14:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LIONHART] [#25]

Looks like this is in reference to the carbine version. If so, I would suspect a different variation to be introduced at SHOT.

The question in the above lists the item number, to which the CZ Rep said it was discontinued.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 7:15:20 AM EDT
[#26]

Beretta management must be running CZ/Colt.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:10:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By LIONHART:

Looks like this is in reference to the carbine version. If so, I would suspect a different variation to be introduced at SHOT.

The question in the above lists the item number, to which the CZ Rep said it was discontinued.
View Quote

I hope so, but things are looking worse and worse.  Two guys on Reddit mentioned it yesterday.  One said a CZ sales rep came in to their shop and they were talking and the sales rep said the Bren 2 won't be imported anymore.  Another guy on Reddit in a different thread also mentioned his friend is an FFL and his distributor doesn't list the Bren 2 anymore as available for purchase.

I have a buddy who has an FFL and he has a few distributors he uses.  I'll ask him later today if he's able to order Bren 2s still through his distributors.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:48:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By LIONHART:

View Quote

If that were the case I think the reply would have been more specific, as in "That SKU is discontinued but X, X, and X are still available"

Shes dead Jim
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:27:59 AM EDT
[#29]
I thought they were changing the upper to the PDW style upper as a new standard. Maybe that’s the reason they’re not importing the standard Bren 2 any longer.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:28:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Hking:

If that were the case I think the reply would have been more specific, as in "That SKU is discontinued but X, X, and X are still available"

Shes dead Jim
View Quote

Ok, so over on Reddit, in the Bren forum, they are saying that someone there sent an email to a higher up about the Bren 2 being discontinued and the response is that they don't have the capacity to import them to the US right now.  Not sure if this is legit or not, but I hope so.  They just can't supply CZ-USA due to supplying militaries.  :shrug:
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:37:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Yeah my buddy who has an FFL just got back to me and it sounds like his distributors don't list it for sale anymore.

It's happening, guys.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:28:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Ugh. I'm conflicted on picking one up and not being able to source parts and then being afraid to shoot it due to it being disco'd. At the same time, I really want one. What would you guys do? Want the 11.14" 5.56 model and throw the HBI handguard on it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 12:04:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Ugh. I'm conflicted on picking one up and not being able to source parts and then being afraid to shoot it due to it being disco'd. At the same time, I really want one. What would you guys do? Want the 11.14" 5.56 model and throw the HBI handguard on it.
View Quote

I'd get it.  The one good thing is I've not heard of any major part breakages on the Bren 2 in 5.56.  I know Ian from Forgotten Weapons said the Bren 2 BR he was using in his video was a demo gun with 18k rounds through it and aside from a gas leak which required him to set it to adverse, it was still chugging along fine and he didn't mention them replacing anything in it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 2:29:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By TATBME:
I thought they were changing the upper to the PDW style upper as a new standard. Maybe that’s the reason they’re not importing the standard Bren 2 any longer.
View Quote

That's my hunch.  The Bren 2 may no longer be imported but a Bren 3 may be inbound with the newer receiver style.

Or I could be flat ass wrong and CZ has decided they dont want to play in the civilian black rifle game any longer in the US.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:

That's my hunch.  The Bren 2 may no longer be imported but a Bren 3 may be inbound with the newer receiver style.

Or I could be flat ass wrong and CZ has decided they dont want to play in the civilian black rifle game any longer in the US.
View Quote

So I literally just picked up my 11” Saturday. Question is are the stocks going to be available going forward.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 2:54:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hking] [#36]

So I literally just picked up my 11” Saturday. Question is are the stocks going to be available going forward.
View Quote

I would get what you want now instead of risking it later

Hopefully we get some straight info at SHOT in a few days.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 3:24:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Hking:

I would get what you want now instead of risking it later

Hopefully we get some straight info at SHOT in a few days.
View Quote

Anyone have a good line on stock availability?
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 5:00:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FullMetalMike] [#38]
Just guessing here, but I feel like there's just going to be a new Bren and we'll probably see it at SHOT.  Whether its a Bren 2 "Plus" like they did with the Scorpion, or Bren 3 or whatever, it seems like it makes more sense (to me, anyway) that they'd release a new version than to just decide to stop selling them.

It's not like that email was abundant on details or anything.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By FullMetalMike:
Just guessing here, but I feel like there's just going to be a new Bren and we'll probably see it at SHOT.  Whether its a Bren 2 "Plus" like they did with the Scorpion, or Bren 3 or whatever, it seems like it makes more sense (to me, anyway) that they'd release a new version than to just decide to stop selling them.

It's not like that email was abundant on details or anything.
View Quote
Weren't they sending a lot to Ukraine? Wonder if that's taking up their time so they are directing production towards that. I would love to see a 2 Plus or even a 3. Going to grab a 2 next week for sure. 11" or 8"? 8" is so sexy but I have an HK53 clone coming for those crowd pleaser moments. 11" makes more sense ballistically and I really don't want to have to worry about minimum length cans.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 7:27:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Weren't they sending a lot to Ukraine? Wonder if that's taking up their time so they are directing production towards that. I would love to see a 2 Plus or even a 3. Going to grab a 2 next week for sure. 11" or 8"? 8" is so sexy but I have an HK53 clone coming for those crowd pleaser moments. 11" makes more sense ballistically and I really don't want to have to worry about minimum length cans.
View Quote

Yeah, not far back in the thread I asked about if they were going to discontinue it because of a random encounter I had in a gun shop with some guy who told me they were a bad buy right now because they're being discontinued and won't be supported anymore.  The employee I was talking to when the other guy joined in said, after the guy left, that the Bren 2 has a presence in Ukraine right now and he suspected that it might have something to do with people thinking they're being discontinued due to a lack of support here with a focus in Ukraine.

I dunno.  Whatever is happening, I can't wrap my head around them just shelving the gun completely.  SHOT will hopefully produce actual information.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 9:51:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zeebz] [#41]
So some more to the story from another guy who must have worked at CZ who has been posting on Reddit.  I've summarized various comment from him below which is in the quotes.  Here is his post history: https://old.reddit.com/user/Corsair438_

He said his understanding regarding the current situation with the Bren is production by CZ-UB is being focused towards the Ukraine-Russia conflict so imports will slowly dry up and be stopped.  In addition Colt came in and laid off all the assembly staff at the CZ-USA KC plant.  Their sole responsibility now is handling imports from CZ-UB.  They no longer have the capacity to assemble or manufacture anything.  So they can't do conversions of the Bren 2 to a carbine variant, and they can't produce 922r kits.  He said if the Bren does return he could see it being rebranded as some Colt firearm.
View Quote

So it's the opposite of what we all thought would happen when this merger kicked off.  CZ put Colt in control of US operations and kept the bad management who are making awful decisions, rather than what we thought would happen which is CZ would come in and clean house and turn Colt around.

This also explains why the Scorpion carbines were discontinued and why the Bren 2 is likely to be added to the list pretty soon.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:10:27 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

vz58usa has both styles Bren stocks currently in stock.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:25:07 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Which one is better?
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 12:11:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#44]
Which one is better?
View All Quotes

Which one is better?

I like the waffle stock and use them exclusively on all my Brens, using an RDS/mag combo. Only two notches of adjustment, slightly shorter LOP.

I also had the "BR" stock while running a scope as it's a tad longer LOP and not as thin, has three notches of adjustment if I can recall.

Both are nice.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Since things seem to be all over the place I called CZ-USA on my lunch break and spoke to them.

So they said they're still on the website and they are still pushing guns out.  They've also heard the rumors of it being discontinued.  For now they are still being made, but it sounds like there are still internal discussions being had on its future.

So there it is from the horse's mouth.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 4:27:50 PM EDT
[#46]

Ok, so over on Reddit, in the Bren forum, they are saying that someone there sent an email to a higher up about the Bren 2 being discontinued and the response is that they don't have the capacity to import them to the US right now.  Not sure if this is legit or not, but I hope so.  They just can't supply CZ-USA due to supplying militaries.  :shrug:
View Quote

I received a response from my contact, (pretty high up), and the response was yes, it was discontinued, then UNdiscontinued. It has both to do with the uncertain US market and the incredibly massive demand in Europe for military small arms - someone is worried about being invaded or something like that.
Soo, CZ BREN 2 is back on, but they will,( my guess), likely remain in short supply until supply catches up to demand.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 4:33:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Me and all the other panic buyers reading through this thread's updates while on the checkout page for a Bren 2.

Link Posted: 1/12/2023 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By armoredman:

I received a response from my contact, (pretty high up), and the response was yes, it was discontinued, then UNdiscontinued. It has both to do with the uncertain US market and the incredibly massive demand in Europe for military small arms - someone is worried about being invaded or something like that.
Soo, CZ BREN 2 is back on, but they will,( my guess), likely remain in short supply until supply catches up to demand.
View Quote

Awesome!  Thank you for clarifying!
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

It also sort of makes sense the lack of support from CZ. More focused on shipping 1000 guns out to Europe rather than 1 part to a customer under warranty.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 7:04:15 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

I see well over 100 carbines for sale on Gunbroker, BNIB. 10 pages of listings for pistols.
Page / 103
CZ Bren 2 (Page 96 of 103)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top