Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 22
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 12:52:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I am "local"ish to CA so I actually go to their door. What I can say about the guys and gals at CA is that they are just good folks. There is a reason I have exactly 1 can through SS and every single other can I have bought has been through CA. Griffin now does their direct purchase cans through CA, so that makes using CA an even easier no brainer for me.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BullpupFan:

I asked him about this in person a while back and I recall the answer was no SBRs or machineguns.
View Quote

Depends on your state.

I was told by Joshua a few months ago that Florida is good to go for TYD SBR’s.

I need to see if Griffin will do the TYD thing with one of their MK2 300 BO’s.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:22:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Ordered a SOCOM 556-SB2 May 2nd

UPS handoff on June 25th

Link Posted: 6/6/2024 7:29:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Ordered a Radical Defense CS5Ti on May 6th.

In my hand today June 6th.  Not too bad.  It felt way longer.  Capitol Armory made the entire process incredibly easy.  Will definitely be getting my next can through them.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#5]
got my 9th can approved today. 5 hour form 4.  if I am lucky will have it in 11 days. my sheriff gets the letter in 3 days, and then start the 7 day wait.  now do I need that  Daniel Defense MK18 RIII + SureFire SOCOM556-RC3 deal they have going on for the free stamp.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I’m really starting to wish I would have done the paperwork as an individual instead of a trust.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you CA.  I got both my cans.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 11:57:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By watertower:
I’m really starting to wish I would have done the paperwork as an individual instead of a trust.
View Quote

Which really begs the question of exactly WHY they want us to file individual vs trust. That question alone makes me even more willing to wait it out on trusts…
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 10:33:52 AM EDT
[#9]
CA, I love you all, but this blurb on your website is not true:  "We monitor the progress of all ATF forms to ensure they are not misplaced at the ATF/NFA branch. Recently, a small percentage of forms exceed the current average wait time. In every case, a responsible party of the transfer has had their background check at the FBI delayed."

<--individual form 4 submitted in March with a Pending status.

No need to redo your website because of little old me though.  I'm just special.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 10:47:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nonameintx] [#10]
Bought 2 cans (Omega 9k/Harvestor Evo Combo) at the NRA show & fingerprinted on 5/17,
Docusign on 5/17
Certified/submitted form 4 for both on 5/30
Waiting... (was hoping I would be one of those 24hr approvals :(, still hopeful it'll be quicker than my last 10 month wait)
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 4:40:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn. Meant to update this thread but guess I'm easily distracted.

From the other thread-

Last update-

Placed order with Griffin Armament on 4/25/24.

My e-form 4 was approved on 5/16/24 through Capital Armory.

Mr Rev-9 was delivered 6/1/24.

Damn. Sure beats my last one 15 yrs ago!

Spent the evening at the range last night. Sounded great on an MP5, A single shot "one off" pistol and an XDm Elite.

All in all a pretty painless process with plenty of comms and help from Capitol Armory.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 1:57:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey @Joshua_CapitolArmory check your messages, please. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 4:06:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a question.  I'm currently waiting for my ship date, after having received Cleo notification.  Once it ships after the 7 day wait, does it ship straight to me, or does it first have to go the the CA state ffl, then on to me? I read somewhere online that it may go.to the ffl that ca uses for my state first, then to me.  What kind of ship times are people seeing?
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 4:50:07 PM EDT
[#14]
they shipped it to there dealer why you wait the 7 days, all 9 of mine have showed up on the 8th day. I figure my 10th that I am waiting on will be the same.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 10:13:05 PM EDT
[#15]
First suppressor purchase.  Top notch start to finish.  Kept me up to date the entire time.  Process was smooth.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 11:23:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Well my griffin recce 7 stamp was approved in 49 hours. Just did my 4473. Ordered the 5th, and I may have it in my hands within 20 days
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 10:19:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dwb1987] [#17]
04/03/24 Ordered a Griffin Revolution 9 from GA fulfilled by CA.

Sent finger print cards off a few days later.  (now have a EFT file thanks to CA)

04/15/24 certified

05/30/24 F4 approved

05/31/24 4473 completed

06/06/24 4473 accepted at CLEO

06/13/24 received can in mail

Overall pretty pleased, was hoping for a quick approval but nothing CA could do.  Very pleased with the sub 5 minute phone call it took to approve versus the clusterfuck it has taken with SS.  The 7 day wait for the 4473 is annoying, but imo/ime its worth it to not deal with the alternative of SS taking a week or two to certify or going to the shop for pickup.  My next suppressor purchase will be via CA.

Wish I had a shop local to me that was proficient in NFA purchases that would submit on their own with EFT but no luck.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:22:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nonameintx] [#18]
Update:
Bought 2 cans (Omega 9k/Harvestor Evo Combo) at the NRA show & fingerprinted on 5/17,
Docusign on 5/17
Form4 approved both on 6/13
4473 signed on 6/18
cleo mailed 6/19
cleo accepted notice 6/24
wait...
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 8:31:27 PM EDT
[#19]
I bought a griffin can on may 24th.
Got the email about prints on the 28th. I had to send in print cards as Noone around here does it electronically. Certified on June 12 and approved on the 14th. Filled out the 4473 this weekend so now 7 day waiting period. Fairly painless process.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:35:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I just received my Polo K. Ordered May 19th. Not bad! I love the new can. Back pressure isn't bad on my sbrs and the process from CA was easy. Will definitely order from them again.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 9:59:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Is it possible to get emailed copies of our EFT’s from CA or do they only let you keep them on file there?
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 11:08:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Atropian_Defector:
Is it possible to get emailed copies of our EFT’s from CA or do they only let you keep them on file there?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 12:25:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Fucking sweet, found it, thanks. $35 beats the UPS store anyday.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 4:25:40 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm a big CA fan having now gone through the process. I ordered my OCL Titanium on 5/19 and it was in my hand on 6/13. Granted I did have a 1 day form 4 approval, but it also took me a few days to do the fingerprints.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 10:25:20 PM EDT
[#25]
This is my first through the GA/Capitol Armory program.  I had a question about the CLEO notification

All my other forms I’ve done myself have gone through my county sheriff.  This Form4 has the South Carolina state police/SCHP colonel listed.

Is this going to cause any issues?
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 10:36:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By 11B3XCIB:
This is my first through the GA/Capitol Armory program.  I had a question about the CLEO notification

All my other forms I’ve done myself have gone through my county sheriff.  This Form4 has the South Carolina state police/SCHP colonel listed.

Is this going to cause any issues?
View Quote

You are going to need to manually enter your Sheriff's or city LEO's mailing address.

I used to use my state police captain as they were quick to accept the notification. I was told by CA that the ATF now requires them to require us to choose the local agency which would respond to a 911 call. I live outside of the city so this would be my sheriff's dept or state police; I was told I have to use my local sheriff.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 10:54:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11B3XCIB] [#27]
I don’t recall anywhere in the process that would’ve allowed that.  The Form 4 blocks only allow me to add and save signatures, this is what populated with the form.  Just looked back through it, no where would it have allowed me to enter CLEO information and the DocuSign portion had restricted fields to signature only.  

And their DocuSign email instructions say: verify all information about yourself, make sure signature portrays your actual signature, your SSN won’t show up, trust transfers require multiple signatures.  If it makes such a difference in approving or rejecting a form, detailing that in the instructions seems prudent.  Never done it like this before and had no idea it would make a difference

Guess I’m calling Capitol Armory tomorrow to kick the form back to me or update it on their end somehow.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 11:33:39 PM EDT
[#28]
I don’t recall anywhere in the process that would’ve allowed that.  The Form 4 blocks only allow me to add and save signatures, this is what populated with the form.  Just looked back through it, no where would it have allowed me to enter CLEO information and the DocuSign portion had restricted fields to signature only.  

And their DocuSign email instructions say: verify all information about yourself, make sure signature portrays your actual signature, your SSN won’t show up, trust transfers require multiple signatures.  If it makes such a difference in approving or rejecting a form, detailing that in the instructions seems prudent.  Never done it like this before and had no idea it would make a difference

Guess I’m calling Capitol Armory tomorrow to kick the form back to me or update it on their end somehow.
View Quote

I assumed you were talking about the process of choosing where CA should send your CLEO notification. That portion is where you need to choose your local LEO that would respond to a 911 call.

If this is not pertaining to the mailing of your CLEO notification, I would call CA for guidance.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 11:39:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11B3XCIB] [#29]
Originally Posted By WVUSIG:

I assumed you were talking about the process of choosing where CA should send your CLEO notification. That portion is where you need to choose your local LEO that would respond to a 911 call.

If this is not pertaining to the mailing of your CLEO notification, I would call CA for guidance.
View Quote

Yes, this is pertaining to the Form 4 section 12.  What I’m saying is there was never anything in the process that mentioned selecting or changing it.  When I got the docusign, I entered my signature, verified my personal info, clicked next 2 or 3 times entering my signature in where required.  It populated SCHP on its own rather than my county of record which I did include correctly.  If this is such a key thing to enter and it must be done manually…they make zero mention of this importance anywhere.  Clearly this isn’t the first time this question has come up

And I live very rurally.  I don’t know who would respond to be quite honest.  Never called anyone

I just texted a friend of mine who certified within the last week or so doing this same program. CA compliance didn’t say anything about his with SCHP being listed rather than his county sheriff during the review, and had him certify the form

Regardless I’ll be calling them when they open to kick the form back to me if that’s what it takes.  Not ready to certify yet so I still have time to fix it if need be.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 2:32:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: terryj] [#30]

Yes, this is pertaining to the Form 4 section 12.  What I’m saying is there was never anything in the process that mentioned selecting or changing it.  When I got the docusign, I entered my signature, verified my personal info, clicked next 2 or 3 times entering my signature in where required.  It populated SCHP on its own rather than my county of record which I did include correctly.  If this is such a key thing to enter and it must be done manually…they make zero mention of this importance anywhere.  Clearly this isn’t the first time this question has come up

And I live very rurally.  I don’t know who would respond to be quite honest.  Never called anyone

I just texted a friend of mine who certified within the last week or so doing this same program. CA compliance didn’t say anything about his with SCHP being listed rather than his county sheriff during the review, and had him certify the form

Regardless I’ll be calling them when they open to kick the form back to me if that’s what it takes.  Not ready to certify yet so I still have time to fix it if need be.
View Quote

I believe you should be good to go on that notification. CA lists the Director of TX DPS as the notification contact on my form 4's. When I was ready to fill out the 4473 I had to fill a document that list my local Chief LE officer which is my county Sheriff where they send the NOTC notification before the 7 day waiting period. Today is the end of my 7 day waiting period so I should be getting a tracking number for 2 of my cans.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 6:19:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 6:35:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11B3XCIB] [#32]
Originally Posted By HansohnBrothers:
Form 4 notification can go to the state level CLEO, the shipping notification goes to your local CLEO. Two different notifications.
View Quote

Thank you for that.  I knew in the past State LEOs were fine then I realized it was a discrepancy in this from my past forms and got to wondering if it would pose an issue

ETA
Just certified the eform.  The certifier on the phone said SCHP colonel is no issue, but when I do the 4473, send it to the county I live in.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Final Update:
Docusign on 5/17
Form4 approved both on 6/13
4473 signed on 6/18 (delay was out of town)
cleo mailed 6/19
cleo accepted notice 6/24
shipped 7/1
delivered ups 7/3

47 days total...
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 9:49:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tdaniel37743] [#34]
I had a great experience with CA, Joshua guided me thru the process

Bought 3 cans, a Saker 556, an Omega 300, and a Switchback 22lr can.
Submitted April 29 and heard NOTHING SINCE!!  

I just read an article on Microsoft that said suppressor wait times had been cut from 10 months to 1 day. Somebody sure is dishing out the baloney!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By BullpupFan:

Which really begs the question of exactly WHY they want us to file individual vs trust. That question alone makes me even more willing to wait it out on trusts…
View Quote

Same.  Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.  Bought one as an individual from CA as a novelty, all the important items will still be trusts.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 12:01:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By nhill:

Same.  Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.  Bought one as an individual from CA as a novelty, all the important items will still be trusts.
View Quote

I work in real estate, not federally controlled items, and whenever somebody purchases real estate through a trust, there’s always extra levels of verification to make sure the trust is valid, etc., etc. which takes longer than something like a survivorship, a life, estate, etc.  I don’t see the NFA thing any different.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 3:16:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Had my first can delivered today. Griffin armament tyd through CA. 42 days from start to finish. Painless other than the $200 to protect my own hearing. Just certified another one today.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 5:10:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: terryj] [#38]
Ordered Obsidian 45 from CA on June 15 and a Checkmate HD from Griffin on June 18. They were both just delivered by the UPS man.  Not bad for only having to get off my ass to go get a fingerprint eft. Now it's just click, pay, sign and wait.

I remember sitting as a teenager in the 80's watching the news and they were talking about this thing called the internet. I was skeptical but they were right.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 12:46:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: spyderboy03] [#39]
Just made my first CA order, an Enticer S. Got my profile setup, pic, and EFT file uploaded. Let's see how this goes!
ETA: Docusign completed this morning.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Attachment Attached File

Ordered Jun 5, submitted stamp June 12, approved June 14, in my hand July 16.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 6:06:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Atropian_Defector:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523616/IMG_3890_jpeg-3268588.JPG

Ordered Jun 5, submitted stamp June 12, approved June 14, in my hand July 16.
View Quote

Signature confirmation on delivery?  Or do they just leave it on the porch

Congrats on the new can
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 6:11:30 PM EDT
[#42]

Congrats on the new can
View Quote

Yes, signature confirmation. I leave a note on my door advising that I authorize the release of the package with tracking number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and provide my phone number for my driver to call with any questions. I prefer this over releasing packages through the app as this ensures the only way the package is released is if the driver is at my door and reads the note. Releasing it through the app leaves open the possibility that a new driver leaves your package at the wrong address.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Congrats on the new can
View Quote

I waived signature requirement via the ups website
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 7:17:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Thanks yall
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks yall
View Quote

I was home anyways and signed for it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 9:48:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 9:56:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11B3XCIB] [#47]
Originally Posted By Green0:

Badass!
View Quote

Ordered mine on yalls website June 27th, certified July 3rd, got approval like 9am July 9th (3 business days later), received CLEO acceptance today, so if all goes according to plan (and everything else has happened at the beginning rather than end of the provided windows) it’ll ship and arrive here some time between the 25th-29th most likely.

Roughly a month including a federal holiday and not having EFT prints ahead of time.  I’m impressed with this process at how simple it’s been.  Won’t be my last, thats for sure
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:37:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nhill] [#48]
Short answer, I would/will 100% do it again.

Bought a Checkmate HD through Griffin at outdoor expo early may.  Completed the prints and registration within a few days, but misunderstood the process a little and didn’t realize you had to buy the stamp to proceed.  The guy on the phone to certify the e-form was great, my office computer was a little glitchy. Then took me a bit to do the form 44xx due to my not reading emails. Everything that CA handled went great. In my hands roughly 9 weeks after buying.

First thing I’ve bought as an individual, still think trust is a better way to go, but I think that the speed of delivery is worth it.  If I end up buying a knights may just wait on the trust.

I wish CA still sold CAT suppressors
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Just certified! Easy so far.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 12:06:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:
Just certified! Easy so far.
View Quote
Approved! Now to see how long it takes to go through the rest of the process.
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top