Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2024 2:28:15 PM EDT
So I found an SBS M1 Entry on Gunbroker that I want to buy, guy is not an FFL/SOT from what I can ascertain from his profile and wants payment via USPS MO. All my other NFA items have been from a dealer or I've Form 1 them myself. My question is for him to transfer it from Florida to Alaska to me would he have to form 3 it to a dealer there in Florida then send it to my SOT here or what is the best way to arrange that transfer? Any info would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 3:05:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aksahsalahs] [#1]
Originally Posted By deputytrueblood:
So I found an SBS M1 Entry on Gunbroker that I want to buy, guy is not an FFL/SOT from what I can ascertain from his profile and wants payment via USPS MO. All my other NFA items have been from a dealer or I've Form 1 them myself. My question is for him to transfer it from Florida to Alaska to me would he have to form 3 it to a dealer there in Florida then send it to my SOT here or what is the best way to arrange that transfer? Any info would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance
View Quote

Seller does Form 4 to your Dealer, $200 Tax Stamp, 4 -9 month wait.

Form 4 approved, seller ships SBS to your dealer.

Dealer Form 4's SBS to you, $200 tax stamp again.

I would pass unless a screaming deal, and look for one already at a dealer for Form 3 transfer to your dealer.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Pull barrel, revert to non-NFA restricted.

Ship barrel and shotgun separately to yourself and FFL.

F-1 to SBS status.

Faster and saves 200
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info, think im gonna pass. Its a Salient Arms built M1 which is cool but for 3k plus stamps plus shipping id be into it for about 4k which while cool, isnt that cool. He was saying he could just have his FFL mail to my SOT and that didn't sound right.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 11:55:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got 3 of them, all PD trade in guns.  Every 4-6 months they show up online but don't last long.  The sturm board, blue mountain supply, aim surplus, only the best firearms are all great places to look.  I have 2100 total in all 3 of my SBS's, transfer taxes not included.  Keep looking and you will find one..

Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top