Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Henry Homesteader 9mm (Page 3 of 3)
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/3/2024 3:50:49 PM EDT
[#1]
A flush-fitting magazing for Homesteader is on my list.
I looked into making a rotary. Can be either true rotary like 1941 Johnson or a curved single stack like Rugers.
But the price is going to be astronomical.

Their own 5-rounder sticks out a little. Although that much is probably acceptable for a brush gun, I want one that maybe sticks out just a tiny fraction, to match the sculpture of the trigger group.
Link Posted: 10/3/2024 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By zaitcev:  A flush-fitting magazing for Homesteader is on my list.
I looked into making a rotary. Can be either true rotary like 1941 Johnson or a curved single stack like Rugers.
But the price is going to be astronomical.

Their own 5-rounder sticks out a little. Although that much is probably acceptable for a brush gun, I want one that maybe sticks out just a tiny fraction, to match the sculpture of the trigger group.
View Quote

So print a 4 rounder?
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 12:15:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zaitcev] [#3]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

So print a 4 rounder?
View Quote

It's an option. The cost to the end user is going to be tremendously lower. However, as you may know, Henry magazines are often panned for being unreliable. It may be a Honest Outlaw type online thing, But it may also be real. If they made a mistake in feed geometry, I'll have to take the hard way. It's all a dream anyway, I'm super busy with just pushing 1911, P365, and CZ-75 out the door. I hoped to find a window now that B92 and P226 were resolved, but I guess I suck at project management.
Link Posted: 10/5/2024 12:14:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By zaitcev:

It's an option. The cost to the end user is going to be tremendously lower. However, as you may know, Henry magazines are often panned for being unreliable. It may be a Honest Outlaw type online thing, But it may also be real. If they made a mistake in feed geometry, I'll have to take the hard way. It's all a dream anyway, I'm super busy with just pushing 1911, P365, and CZ-75 out the door. I hoped to find a window now that B92 and P226 were resolved, but I guess I suck at project management.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zaitcev:
Originally Posted By backbencher:  So print a 4 rounder?

HOLY CRAP!  You figgered out how to run STEN mags in the Homesteader?
Link Posted: 10/5/2024 1:46:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: zaitcev] [#5]
Originally Posted By backbencher:
You figgered out how to run STEN mags in the Homesteader?
View Quote

Yes, but with an asterisk or two.

I only have 2 magazines: a real British surplus and an Indian 20-rounder (I do not un-nerf it on purpose, for testing). The two run great, but I am quite sure someone will find mags that do not fit or do not feed properly.

In addition, the recoil spring in Homesteader seems not enough to strip rounds from fully loaded STEN mags, their springs being quite strong. The inertia of the bolt when firing seems to be enough, but there may be not enough reliability reserve. Here's what it looks like on video:

https://x.com/frauremllc/status/1821397225647333481
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Henry Homesteader 9mm (Page 3 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top