Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2024 9:59:23 PM EDT
So when running an external battery on a 25m it seems like the only way to shut it off is to unplug it. Doing the select check mark then press the middle button doesn't work,  it just flashes for a second then turns back on. Am I using the wrong battery or something?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:26:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:
So when running an external battery on a 25m it seems like the only way to shut it off is to unplug it. Doing the select check mark then press the middle button doesn't work,  it just flashes for a second then turns back on. Am I using the wrong battery or something?
View Quote
The method you describe works fine on my super hogster with external.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:29:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Britt-dog:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Britt-dog:
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Just unplugging it, or doing the check and middle button? What battery do you use?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:38:12 PM EDT
[#3]
You can't turn the older holsters off when running an external battery. It's something they changed on the later models.

I have a hogster 35 and it does the same as yours. You can put it into sleep mode by pressing two of the buttons at the same time. I think it just shuts off the screen to save power.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:56:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By BIgDAM:
You can't turn the older holsters off when running an external battery. It's something they changed on the later models.

I have a hogster 35 and it does the same as yours. You can put it into sleep mode by pressing two of the buttons at the same time. I think it just shuts off the screen to save power.
View Quote

Thanks for the info, guess it's the curse of being first in the game.

Guess I'll do sleep mode then unplug it
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:22:35 PM EDT
[#5]
As mentioned earlier, this was the way the original Hogster’s were designed. Bering has assured me that disconnecting external power while it’s on will not damage the thermal.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 8:24:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Just to add to this thread, am having some issues shutting off with internal batteries. Kind of a hit n miss. I just pop to battery cap off when it does this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top