Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2024 11:54:15 AM EDT
Good day gentlemen.  It's that time of the year to swap out the old and bring in the new.  I am looking for recommendations for hot weather pants and steel toe boots.  Not looking for anything super tactical, but appropriate for a job site.  Price is of no concern, I live and die by the adage of "buy once, cry once".

Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By rubin:
Good day gentlemen.  It's that time of the year to swap out the old and bring in the new.  I am looking for recommendations for hot weather pants and steel toe boots.  Not looking for anything super tactical, but appropriate for a job site.  Price is of no concern, I live and die by the adage of "buy once, cry once".

Thank you in advance.
View Quote

I haven't worn any yet, but I hear the new military issues hot weather pants with the new NYCO Extreme fabric is pretty legit.  

Propper makes a 'BDU 2.0' or something like that out of the same fabric, and they are only like $40 on amazon.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By marnsdorff:

I haven't worn any yet, but I hear the new military issues hot weather pants with the new NYCO Extreme fabric is pretty legit.  

Propper makes a 'BDU 2.0' or something like that out of the same fabric, and they are only like $40 on amazon.
View Quote

The Improved Hot Weather Combat Uniform (IHWCU) are legit.  I didn't know that Propper is making a BDU cut uniform out of the same fabric, that would be awesome, because I like the lay out of the BDU a bit more.  Love to pick up some Tiger Stripe.  

Do you have a link?
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 2:28:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:

The Improved Hot Weather Combat Uniform (IHWCU) are legit.  I didn't know that Propper is making a BDU cut uniform out of the same fabric, that would be awesome, because I like the lay out of the BDU a bit more.  Love to pick up some Tiger Stripe.  

Do you have a link?
View Quote

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BRQVLH6C?tag=arfcom00-20

https://www.propper.com/bdu-work-pants.html?variation=247_1804
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Do you have a link?

I just got a pair of these. They're pretty good. I actually squatted in them one night after work because I left my gym bag at home.

Link Posted: 5/23/2024 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rubin:

Thank you in advance.

Does anyone make normal pants out of this material? I'd look stupid wearing tactical cargo pants to work.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 96Ag:
Does anyone make normal pants out of this material? I'd look stupid wearing tactical cargo pants to work.
View Quote

You can check Propper's site, I THINK I saw a pair of non-cargo pants made out of it.  I think it was a pair of  'duty' pants or something.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:48:01 PM EDT
[#7]

You can check Propper's site, I THINK I saw a pair of non-cargo pants made out of it.  I think it was a pair of  'duty' pants or something.
View All Quotes

Cool, off to check it out. I work outside 50% of the time and it was 100 today. Going to be an interesting summer.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:26:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#8]
Interesting.

I kinda think that such "lightweight" "hot weather" fabrics will be more vulnerable to fire (even campfires) than natural, or synthetic Fire-resistant fabrics.

Willing to learn.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:31:41 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Look up some past 'pants' posts for links to Duluth Trading pants. I've got a pair that are lightweight AF, made of a 4-way material, and they look like regular Cargo's in a Coyote color. IIRC 'Flex' is in the name. They are tough too - mine are from 2018 and look brand new, other than the spilled Cerakote stain.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By mickdonaldson:

Look up some past 'pants' posts for links to Duluth Trading pants. I've got a pair that are lightweight AF, made of a 4-way material, and they look like regular Cargo's in a Coyote color. IIRC 'Flex' is in the name. They are tough too - mine are from 2018 and look brand new, other than the spilled Cerakote stain.
View Quote

I'll check those out. I have Deluth Trading jeans and I recently bought the CoolMax Jeans, but they were still a pretty thick material and not very "cool" temp wise to wear.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 1:25:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm a big fan of Railriders Versatac Light pants.  They last forever.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 1:33:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I’m trying to find a pair of lightweight “combat” style pants without breaking the bank. There’s another thread on the Emerson G3 pants, but someone thought they weren’t worth the $90. Any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 1:49:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Army combat pants. Work great, hold knee pads, and GWOT trap lord vibes.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 1:07:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PistoleroJesse] [#14]

View Quote

Been on several 5mile rucks in the bdu2.0 and one range trip. They are probably the best warm weather pants I've ever owned. material is on point so far, pocket design is gtg. We'll see how durable they are. So far 9/10. They should make the pockets 100% symmetrical left to right. Cell/Mag pocket is only on the left.

ETA: Origin Nyloc was next on my buy list if the propper pants didn't work out. $40 is easier on the wallet than $140.

As for boots, I go with Danner but Origin has steel toes these days too. One of the only steel toe options to be made in USA if that matters to you.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 2:59:30 PM EDT
[#15]
OP, I think these are ones. Choice of Slim, Regular, or Relaxed fit

Men's DuluthFlex Dry on the Fly Relaxed Fit Cargo Pants
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 3:05:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By PistoleroJesse:

Been on several 5mile rucks in the bdu2.0 and one range trip. They are probably the best warm weather pants I've ever owned. material is on point so far, pocket design is gtg. We'll see how durable they are. So far 9/10. They should make the pockets 100% symmetrical left to right. Cell/Mag pocket is only on the left.

ETA: Origin Nyloc was next on my buy list if the propper pants didn't work out. $40 is easier on the wallet than $140.

As for boots, I go with Danner but Origin has steel toes these days too. One of the only steel toe options to be made in USA if that matters to you.
View Quote

Yea, I grabbed 3 yards of NYCO Extreme fabric for me to play around with - I like the fabric so far.  It reminds me of the fabric used in the Russian Partizan suits.  I'm planning on using NYCO Extreme on the reproduction of the Russian Partizan smock top I'm working on.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 3:34:08 PM EDT
[#17]

I'll check those out. I have Deluth Trading jeans and I recently bought the CoolMax Jeans, but they were still a pretty thick material and not very "cool" temp wise to wear.
View Quote

Check out their "Armachillo" line of clothing.  The shirts are amazing and the pants are pretty good too, although maybe not quite as durable as their thicker offerings.  The armachillo boxers are really fantastic.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#18]
On the Propper makes a BDU 2.0 pants, how's the length. I usually wear a 30 inseam. Not sure if I need short or regular according to their fit guide. Fit guide says they fit 'at the waist'. Is that at or below the belly button?

Also do these get smelly after a day of heavy sweating? More so than cotton?

Link Posted: 5/25/2024 4:41:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By DuneShoot:
On the Propper makes a BDU 2.0 pants, how's the length. I usually wear a 30 inseam. Not sure if I need short or regular according to their fit guide. Fit guide says they fit 'at the waist'. Is that at or below the belly button?

View Quote

I assume the length is somewhat similar to their regular BDU's.

And the fabric content is 57% nylon / 43% cotton.  Which is similar to the 50/50 NYCO in content.  The smell should be relatively the same as the NYCO.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:21:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By DuneShoot:

View Quote

I am a med/short in the bdu 2.0 and the Propper ihwcu pants.

No problems with funk that I can tell.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 12:05:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Kind of odd that Propper doesn't make a BDU 2.0 top out of the same material.

Hopefully they come out with more camo patterns for it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 2:43:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Alot of contractors here in my central Texas location are wearing Vertx.  The Cutback Technical pant seems to be a favorite in the more casual look over their tactical styles but I’d say their light tactical pants aren’t really that tactical looking.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#23]
KUIU Tiburon is about as lightweight as it gets. They are available in multiple colors.

https://www.kuiu.com/products/tiburon-pant-gunmetal?variant=40340106379422
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 4:08:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Kind of odd that Propper doesn't make a BDU 2.0 top out of the same material.

Hopefully they come out with more camo patterns for it.
View Quote

I was thinking the same thing.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 4:20:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

I just got a pair of these. They're pretty good. I actually squatted in them one night after work because I left my gym bag at home.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 03RN:

Do you have a link?

Well dang… I’ll have to check these out.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 9:26:23 PM EDT
[#26]
The wrangler ATG pants are decent, cheap (30 or 40 dollars I think), dry instantly, light weight, and easily replaced.

I use them as disposable pants for any rough tasks and so far I have yet to kill a pair in two years. Mine have hundreds of trail miles on them, have been in the ocean, survived a cattle dog puppy phase, have been awesome for clearing brush, cutting wood, etc. They handled sheet metal better than my $100+ Kuhl pants.

They are not my favorite outdoor pants, they are not nice pants, but for $40 they absolutely kill it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 11:10:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Twitchy] [#27]
Originally Posted By Forlorn-Hope:
The wrangler ATG pants are decent, cheap (30 or 40 dollars I think), dry instantly, light weight, and easily replaced.

I use them as disposable pants for any rough tasks and so far I have yet to kill a pair in two years. Mine have hundreds of trail miles on them, have been in the ocean, survived a cattle dog puppy phase, have been awesome for clearing brush, cutting wood, etc. They handled sheet metal better than my $100+ Kuhl pants.

They are not my favorite outdoor pants, they are not nice pants, but for $40 they absolutely kill it.
View Quote
I'm a fan of these until you get into heavier duties.  

Normal wear and these last a good long while, while being fairly comfortable and light.

Heavy or "tactical" use and these get blown apart fairly quick in my experience.  But, they are cheap enough to just replace and not cry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top