Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2024 2:59:02 PM EDT
Is it a reasonable idea to swap tubes from an RNVG housing to a different housing a guy wants to keep the tubes but wants articulation?

Any recommendations on what reputable dealer or tech can do this work and ballpark what they might charge for the work beyond the housing? Feel free to also throw in a housing recommendation - no manual gain obviously given they're 10160 tubes. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 3:01:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 5:59:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 9:44:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chosos] [#3]
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 10:57:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I appreciate the responses this is all helpful.  Yeah the tubes are L3 unfilmed with very good specs and would be hard to replace economically.  

I've been waffling on trying to sell or trade the full setup vs. trying to find someone who can do the tube swap to a new housing and also trying to decide on what housing would be right for me.

It's seeming like there might not be a lot of guys out there who want RNVG's with really good tubes - that combo doesn't seem common. Might be hard to sell I don't know.

Link Posted: 6/19/2024 11:17:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Will] [#5]
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lowdown3:
If he likes the RNVG style the other option is the articulating ARNVG housing also.

The new ruggedized Katana R is a helluva nice unit IMO also.
View Quote

this ^ love my katana R unit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top