Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2024 9:57:12 AM EDT
what are you guys using?

I have a Griffin Micro - have the body - the direct thread mount and the blast baffle - thinking I would like to have some sort of box to keep it all together...

Red
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 10:08:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I usually store mine on the end of a hollow threaded rod...
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 10:13:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RDTCU:
View Quote

I am with you on that....

just this 22 can moves around quite a bit and has some parts to go with it...

Thinking some sort of ammo box or Pelican box
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 10:18:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hydrostatic_cling] [#3]
A box
A bag
A bin
A tote
A can
A hamper
A basket
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 10:23:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#4]
Originally Posted By badredfish:
I am with you on that....
just this 22 can moves around quite a bit and has some parts to go with it...
Thinking some sort of ammo box or Pelican box
View Quote

Small craft/tackle box then, or even a divided pencil box.

Or something soft: sided
Example
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#5]
30 cal ammo cans.  Line with closed foam.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 11:46:11 AM EDT
[#6]
If only when they're cooled, Plano makes inexpensive semi modular tackle boxes.  3600/3700 I think
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 12:37:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I have been using the Magpul suppressor pouches.  They also have other size DAKA pouches and their DAKA Cans.  They are built tough.  

For a cheaper route, use a mag pouch.  Pistol for small or rifle for larger.  Something like: https://fullmetaljacket.com/products/eagle-industries-khaki-double-stack-m4-mag-pouch
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 12:55:19 PM EDT
[#8]
My rifles live with them on. the pistol and rimfire stuff gets raw dogged with each other in a $1 IKEA plastic pin. I usually toss in the maintenance tools too.

I don't see the need for fancy storage solutions when you know what they're subjected to.

I'm surprised this subject comes up as much as it does.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 3:20:53 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote
LOL!!!!  What you did there, I see it...

Some of mine pretty much live on their host and never come off, unless there is some need.

The ones that come off, keep them in a LaRue embroidered "Ditty Bag" I picked up several years back.
It works nicely. I keep the Cans, any adapters, a tool, and a bottle of the much hated and now extinct Fireclean all in the bag and its pockets.  I can carabiner clip it to my large LaRue range bag, go bag or gun case....  
Works well for me, but YMMV...
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 4:38:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I use the Apache fake Pelican cases from Harbor Freight.

I have one for my rifle silencers and one for my pistol and rimfire silencers.  I have five silencers in each case, with room for adapters, tools, ect....
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 4:46:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: masterofpew] [#11]
Originally Posted By smullen:

Some of mine pretty much live on their host and never come off, unless there is some need.

The ones that come off, keep them in a LaRue embroidered "Ditty Bag" I picked up several years back.
It works nicely. I keep the Cans, any adapters, a tool, and a bottle of the much hated and now extinct Fireclean all in the bag and its pockets.  I can carabiner clip it to my large LaRue range bag, go bag or gun case....  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By smullen:

Attachment Attached File

Had to reread post from RDTCU, but picked up on it then....brilliant!
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 4:48:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#12]
They’re usually stored on their dedicated guns. If I’m taking several to the range that day that, I’ve an HF Apache 3800 case that has pick apart foam. It holds IIRC 6 suppressors and some spare parts/tools.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 6:13:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Not exactly what you asked about but there's a thread farther down about how a guy is storing them in his safe.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Suppressor-Safe-Storage-1st-World-Problems-/20-552979/
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 10:48:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Storage?

On whatever host it was last used to shush.

If it's too long for a case it goes in the range bag, then back on the host at the range.

Had similar thoughts of Wick-esque storage solutions when my first batch of cans came home to roost, and quickly realized I was overthinking it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 1:30:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#15]
Most of my rifle and all my PCC cans stay attached the guns they are used with most.  I keep the remaining few cans on a small shelf in one of my gun safes (actually the remaining rifle cans are on a shelf in a rifle safe, but pistol cans are stored on a shelf with pistols in a smaller safe).

All the parts, springs, spare pistons, spare mounts, shims, tools, etc, are all stored in a large fishing tackle box with compartments for the small parts. The larger parts are kept in separate labeled ziplock baggies in the main large compartment.

So for example, my modular TiRant stays in short mode mounted on my CZ P-10C using a Griffin EZ Lok mount.  The extra section of tube and baffles are in a quart ziplock freezer baggy labeled "TiRant 9" in the tackle box. The Alpha thread adapter that fits it is in a baggy labeled "Alpha parts", and there is another baggy labeled "3-lug adapters" that has an Alpha 3-lug that fits it. In one of the tray compartments are spare EZ Lok mounts that can be used to mount it if I got another pistol or threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 3:43:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fmkenner] [#16]
I use this Range bag
All suppressors, tools, binder with copies of my stamps, etc...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top