Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2024 3:58:26 PM EDT
Submitted thru CA yesterday for the first time in 10 years on a Griffin Explorr 224.  Waaaaaay out of the loop.  Is there anything else done by me after signing the eform docs?
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 4:26:37 PM EDT
[#1]
You wait.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I hope yours goes better than mine..6 months in.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 7:46:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DVCER:
Yeah I hope yours goes better than mine..6 months in.
View Quote

Prob wont but i hope for the best.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 10:49:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you actually certify the eForm 4?  Do a shared computer session over the phone with CA where you review your eForm and enter your eForm ID and PIN?  If yes, you shout have gotten an email from the ATF saying your form status changed to Submitted/In Process.  At this point, nothing else to do but wait.

If you’re talking about the docusign Form 4 that you sign, that’s not the actual eForm.  You’ll get another email with the link to call in and certify.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 6:57:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BladedRonin] [#5]
Originally Posted By willi3d:
Did you actually certify the eForm 4?  Do a shared computer session over the phone with CA where you review your eForm and enter your eForm ID and PIN?  If yes, you shout have gotten an email from the ATF saying your form status changed to Submitted/In Process.  At this point, nothing else to do but wait.

If you’re talking about the docusign Form 4 that you sign, that’s not the actual eForm.  You’ll get another email with the link to call in and certify.
View Quote

No, havent had that which is why I asked. People keep talking about cert and I have no idea of what that means or when/ why it happens.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 8:31:16 AM EDT
[#6]
You’ll get an email to have your shit together and call them
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 8:32:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BladedRonin:

No, havent had that which is why I asked. People keep talking about cert and I have no idea of what that means or when/ why it happens.
View Quote

Certifying is the final step to actually submitting the eForm.  The dealer fills out the eForm on the ATF eforms website and then you certify it saying that it’s true and accurate by inputting your ID and PIN, which digitally signs the form for you.  Then the dealer signs, and it’s immediately submitted to the ATF.

If all you got is a docusign PDF to open and sign by drawing your signature, that’s not the actual submission.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 8:54:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BladedRonin] [#8]
So I logged into CA’s website this morning, it said ‘ready to certify’.  

Does that mean I need to contact CA?

ETA nvrmd, Josh got ahold of me.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By BladedRonin:
So I logged into CA’s website this morning, it said ‘ready to certify’.  

Does that mean I need to contact CA?
View Quote

They should send you an email with instructions and the number to call.  Just to make sure, you are looking at the CA site that has the address that begins with tools., not the regular store website, right?  The My Dashboard accessible through the regular CA website is different than the tools site that has your NFA profile information.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 6:35:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, got the email to today to cert.  So, I’m officially in the pipe.

Form 4, Griffin Explorr 224
Trust
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top