Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2024 9:09:27 PM EDT
Got my MH-1. L3 Filmless tubes. 39.7/40.6 SNR. 0.3/0.6 EBI. 0.6/0.7 HALO.

So far, I really like it. The pod shutoff is definitely much quicker than any housing I’ve used. From research I’ve gathered that’s from the way the connection is for them in contacts so once it’s off the contact it goes off. Pretty cool but not sure that really makes a difference over other housings. Manual gain is great. Machine work looks good. Nothing too out of the ordinary compared to other housings BUT the future for this housing has me excited. LLI is working with Noisefighters on replacement arms for this housing that will allow the pods to pan. They’re also working on a thermal pod.

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 6:27:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 8:15:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Have they added a lemo port for external power yet?
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 8:26:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lowdown3:
Built one on request for a customer moving a couple of very nice M23H tubes from PVS14s over to this.

I like the housing, it definitely has promise. Will be doing more testing of these and will report back.

Only negative I can say is no keeper for the battery cap- and I had to think hard to come up with any negatives so far.
View Quote

Yes the battery tether not being there sucks. I just made one out of some thin rubber flashing I had. Cut it to the same cutout as ones that are on the DTNVS.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 8:26:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JonLSU:
Have they added a lemo port for external power yet?
View Quote

It’s in the works
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 8:59:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I have DTNVS and RNVG and I'm considering slapping the RNVG toobs into one of these.  The lack of batt cap retention while not a deal breaker is something that has me scratching my head wondering why such a common and useful NVG feature was overlooked...
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 8:09:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 10:53:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Something is in the works for that along with some other improvements.

The tubes in your RNVG are 10160s (no gain) so moving them to the MH1, you would still have no gain tubes.

In that regard, if your just looking for an articulating housing, I would look at the Katana R housing.

The MH1's big advantage is for direct plug and play 11769 tubes from 2 PVS14s.
View Quote

Thanks

I'm interested in a (presumably) robust articulating metal housing with an on/off knob rather than a button. I'm not a fan of buttons over knobs on NVGs since I find knobs easier to find and manipulate while wearing gloves although the big fat Katana button sure looks easier to find than the RNVG-A button...   If I'm saddled with a button the Katanas and the articulating RNVGs are certainly an option.  

Manual gain while a nice feature is not at the top of my list of wants.
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 7:59:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Built one on request for a customer moving a couple of very nice M23H tubes from PVS14s over to this.

I like the housing, it definitely has promise. Will be doing more testing of these and will report back.

Only negative I can say is no keeper for the battery cap- and I had to think hard to come up with any negatives so far.
View Quote

Just run a battery pack with binos. I forget my arnvg even have on board battery capability, lol!
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 12:45:46 PM EDT
[#11]
How well would they work as a mono?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top