Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2012 10:30:29 PM EDT
Anyone tried a MSAR E4 with one of the Surefire 60 round mag?
I have an E4, just dont have a Surefire mag yet.
Does it fit and work in an E4?
Does the quad mag being wider cause handling issues?

Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 2:54:14 AM EDT
[#1]

Am I doing it right?
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 3:50:58 AM EDT
[#2]
You must be blessed if those XM-30s work!
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 5:36:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I lead a charmed life.
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Does your E4 lock the magazine in place?  I have a one too, and the Surefire 60 does not go in far enough to lock.  The width of the mag keeps it from traveling in as far as needed.

With is too bad, as it would be a great package -, 27 inches long, and 60 rounds.

But my MSAR mags work just fine - all 5 of them.  On both the E4 and other AR's.  So they were hit and miss.
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Does your E4 lock the magazine in place?  I have a one too, and the Surefire 60 does not go in far enough to lock.  The width of the mag keeps it from traveling in as far as needed.

With is too bad, as it would be a great package -, 27 inches long, and 60 rounds.

But my MSAR mags work just fine - all 5 of them.  On both the E4 and other AR's.  So they were hit and miss.

My experience is also that the Surefire 60 rounder would not quite lock in an E4 stock.  Likely with a little sanding on the inside lip of the stock it could be made to fit, it may be close enough that minor molding tolerances allow it to fit in some stocks but not in others...
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you all for your comments.
My local gunshop has some of the 60 rounders so I may have to go there with my E4 to see if it fits before I drop $90 on one.

I do like the thought of such a short rifle with 60 rounds.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top