Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 12:55:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Check for burrs in the rail notches.  Nothing that a minute with a rounded file won’t fix though.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 11:05:06 PM EDT
[#2]
So I did the ARFCOM thing and got both.  

The B&T folding stock is definitely more comfortable and much more natural to shoulder.  The Magpul isn’t bad, and makes a more compact package.

Keeping the Magpul in the case so it will be handy, but the B&T is staying on the gun.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 2:36:19 AM EDT
[#3]
What is the best stock option for an MKE AP5-P

I'm going for sbr mine but I bought what I thought would work and it apparently is for the full size model.  Only out about 40 so going to keep in case I ever get a full size

Link Posted: 3/17/2023 2:55:25 AM EDT
[#4]
A lot of people like the B&T telescopic and Choate folders. I've shot them both and prefer the Choate folders for comfort and looks. The Choate is $300 less too.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is the best stock option for an MKE AP5-P

I'm going for sbr mine but I bought what I thought would work and it apparently is for the full size model.  Only out about 40 so going to keep in case I ever get a full size

View Quote

I really do not enjoy shooting with a heads up chin weld, so I wanted something that I could get a solid cheek weld on. Looked at a bunch and ultimately went with a JMAC Customs folding stock. I got the one with the hump in the arm and added their optional, screw on cheek rest to it. Expensive, but it is absolutely rock solid and fits perfectly. When folded, it locks closed without touching receiver. Very nicely made.  

Because it attaches to a 1913 end cap you can adjust it up and down until you get it exactly where you want it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A lot of people like the B&T telescopic and Choate folders. I've shot them both and prefer the Choate folders for comfort and looks. The Choate is $300 less too.
View Quote

Just to confirm, this will work with the AP5-M?

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/MP5-SP5-HK33-CHOATE-ADJUSTABLE-FOLDING-STOCK-134p3059.htm

The price is right and I figure I'll wind up with a few different stocks for different purposes.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Just to confirm, this will work with the AP5-M?

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/MP5-SP5-HK33-CHOATE-ADJUSTABLE-FOLDING-STOCK-134p3059.htm

The price is right and I figure I'll wind up with a few different stocks for different purposes.
View Quote
No, that's for a full size MP5 or HK33.  You need something for the MP5K pattern.  The endcap should have a bit that recesses into the receiver and secures with two pins, one on top and one on bottom.

Like all of these for example:

Link Posted: 3/17/2023 8:41:37 PM EDT
[#8]
This is the MP5K version of the Choate stocks:

Adjustable

Standard
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 8:47:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I really do not enjoy shooting with a heads up chin weld, so I wanted something that I could get a solid cheek weld on. Looked at a bunch and ultimately went with a JMAC Customs folding stock. I got the one with the hump in the arm and added their optional, screw on cheek rest to it. Expensive, but it is absolutely rock solid and fits perfectly. When folded, it locks closed without touching receiver. Very nicely made.  

Because it attaches to a 1913 end cap you can adjust it up and down until you get it exactly where you want it.
View Quote
nice!  I've signed up for notifications when it is back in stock.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 2:01:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This is the MP5K version of the Choate stocks:

Adjustable

Standard
View Quote
thank you!

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top