Armory Sponsor
Posted: 8/7/2019 3:21:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MobileTaylor][Edited]
| I have a shotgun that is registered as an AOW. It has a 14" barrel. I would like to put a shorter barrel on it. Can an AOW be modified with a note to the AFT? Or would I need to submit a new form 1 and another 200? |
|
Originally Posted By MobileTaylor:
I have a shotgun that is registered as an AOW. It has a 14" barrel. I would like to put a shorter barrel on it. Can an AOW be modified with a note to the AFT? Or would I need to submit a new form 1 and another 200? |
|
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
Or not. You don't even need to send a note/letter/notification/memo. It's optional. I dont send them anything. No reason to give them more work and it’s not required. |
And if my sister calls me crying you can bet I appear pretty quickly, usually in a little cloud of smoke and brimstone, or maybe that smell is cod? ~Aimless
| Unless its a "permanent" modification , I wouldnt bother with the letter. If you had something that wasn't a 30 second barrel swap the advice might be different - rebarreling a FALor HK G3 based AOW for example. |
I said "I don't understand", not "Talk slower"......
I don't work for AIM, it's just a fucking avatar moron.
I don't work for AIM, it's just a fucking avatar moron.
Armory Sponsor
Join the Community
Your next conversation starts here.
Create your free account to join discussions, share your experience, save topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.
- Join discussions
- Follow topics and replies
- Connect with fellow enthusiasts
Already a member? Sign in
Stay informed by subscribing to our Newsletter