Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 9:40:19 PM EDT
[#1]
My hammer is unmarked but came out of a SA package that was giving to me by my local smith so I’m gonna have to go with it being SA until I find a marked one, if in fact they mark them. The trigger is marked SA and the sear isn’t marked but has the unique machining…. It came from a package as well.

I’m still gonna look for a SA front and rear sight ( yes they made both) and barrel band. I just went a head and had FA put theirs one since it was up there and it made sense. I’ll replace as I find them as long as they are in excellent shape. It seems these SA parts are hit or miss on locating them.

I’m not 100% torn on having all SA parts as I have FA barrel so it’s not like it will be 100% SA….plus their were certain parts SA didn’t even make so it would never be 100% SA anyways.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How is your SA hammer marked?

Do you have an SA TIII sear? Unmarked from what I can remember, but identifiable by the machining on the nose.

When I built up my SA trigger group, the only way I was able to determine that I had a SA made magazine catch was to take it out of the sealed package. It is not marked to indicate who made it.

Are you going to look for an SA TIII barrel band with the bayonet lug for your Fulton barrel?  

I can't remember if SA made front sights at the moment, but they made milled rear sights for sure.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: My trigger housing is assembled with SA housing, SA trigger, SA hammer…. I also have an SA slide. Just missing an SA mag catch.

https://i.imgur.com/WkTCsm4.jpg

If any of you M1aholics have any SA parts you’d like to part with please let me know. !!!

How is your SA hammer marked?

Do you have an SA TIII sear? Unmarked from what I can remember, but identifiable by the machining on the nose.

When I built up my SA trigger group, the only way I was able to determine that I had a SA made magazine catch was to take it out of the sealed package. It is not marked to indicate who made it.

Are you going to look for an SA TIII barrel band with the bayonet lug for your Fulton barrel?  

I can't remember if SA made front sights at the moment, but they made milled rear sights for sure.

Link Posted: 5/6/2022 8:15:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Considering an NOS SA barrel just sold on the CMP forum for $600 plus the ride, I'm not sure an all SA build (for the parts they made) is even sensible to do these days.

I was happy when I got my barrel for $250 a few years back.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:09:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Got a call today from FA…. Barrel assy should be completed tomorrow and in the mail by Friday.

My stock is coming along really nice… got the final coat of BLO on it and it’s in the drying phase with a fan in the garage. It don’t look new by any means but is an SA stock and has some character. I also got all new metal hardware for it once it’s ready.

Hoping to have it fully assembled sometime next week and get it to the range to see what she can do.

Link Posted: 5/12/2022 12:45:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Got a call today from FA…. Barrel assy should be completed tomorrow and in the mail by Friday.

My stock is coming along really nice… got the final coat of BLO on it and it’s in the drying phase with a fan in the garage. It don’t look new by any means but is an SA stock and has some character. I also got all new metal hardware for it once it’s ready.

Hoping to have it fully assembled sometime next week and get it to the range to see what she can do.

View Quote

Cool, looking forward to a report
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 6:17:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I also look forward to a range report.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:58:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got her back today and got assembled. She looks fantastic. I’ll try and get her to the range soon and post some results.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#7]

We're tied 8 to 8 right now in da house (Bubba is still at FA getting reparked)

Post range results

I just got a Vortex Venom for my Ultimak FA Carbine, it'll hit the range this weekend unless I have to work Saturday or it rains
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:19:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I do have my shorty Inland ( New Mfg) but it doesn’t rate to be in the pic with these ??

I’m deciding on an RMR or Enclosed Red Dot…. Have not came to a solid decision yet.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:27:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I’m deciding on an RMR or Enclosed Red Dot…. Have not came to a solid decision yet.
View Quote

Just playing around the house here this Venom handles like a dream and doesn't add much weight. I know it's easier than the past 2 red dots I tried (Sig Romeo and Vortex Sparc I)
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks great!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top