Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 124
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Between this & what IWI-US has done to the Carmel, I don't know, firearms companies blow. They just blow. Forget legislative constitutional violations by the government, clown moves like this by the industry itself are going to make me tap out my own interest altogether. Stick a fork in Beretta.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 5:24:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Solo_] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
Between this & what IWI-US has done to the Carmel, I don't know, firearms companies blow. They just blow. Forget legislative constitutional violations by the government, clown moves like this by the industry itself are going to make me tap out my own interest altogether. Stick a fork in Beretta.
View Quote
"Fegghet 'bout it"

PS going back to a healthier subject, @556cliff I put a thang in front of the rifle; on that tiny picatinny thang they invented (and that never served any purpose because those teeth aren't compatible with anythang)

How likes?

(in reality, with SBRs I am always concerned I am going to shoot my hand off hence I stop it right there, si?)

ARX100 SBR And Friend by Solo__, on Flickr

Link Posted: 9/12/2023 5:57:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#3]
Originally Posted By Solo_:
"Fegghet 'bout it"

PS going back to a healthier subject, @556cliff I put a thang in front of the rifle; on that tiny picatinny thang they invented (and that never served any purpose because those teeth aren't compatible with anythang)

How likes?

(in reality, with SBRs I am always concerned I am going to shoot my hand off hence I stop it right there, si?)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53183910588_76227fd5de_k.jpgARX100 SBR And Friend by Solo__, on Flickr

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
"Fegghet 'bout it"

How likes?

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53183910588_76227fd5de_k.jpgARX100 SBR And Friend by Solo__, on Flickr

Lol! I almost thought that was one of the latches from off of a Raptor charging handle. 😄

Not a bad idea though, I’ve had similar thoughts about my hand getting out too far over the edge with SBRs. I don’t own one, but I’ve still thought about it.

Now I think it would be cool if the removable polymer grenade launcher rail cover extended out to include some kind of hand stop. That way you wouldn’t have to mess around with attaching anything to that dumb small section of useless rail they give you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 12:05:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#4]
Couldn't understand what was being said, but I just found a somewhat recent video of the ARX-200. Figured I should link it here.

ARX 200 O NOVO FUZIL DA PMGO
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 1:32:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:
Couldn't understand what was being said, but I just found a somewhat recent video of the ARX-200. Figured I should link it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6oDNeO7OiE
View Quote
Cheesy bastards
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:55:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Cheesy bastards
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6oDNeO7OiE
Cheesy bastards

I did indeed sense some cheese even though I couldn't understand what was being said.

Got to see it being shot quite a bit in that video at least, and it seemed heavy on the recoil to me. Though I'd still consider it for a first .308 if Beretta ever brought it here.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#7]

I did indeed sense some cheese even though I couldn't understand what was being said.

Got to see it being shot quite a bit in that video at least, and it seemed heavy on the recoil to me. Though I'd still consider it for a first .308 if Beretta ever brought it here.
View Quote

Having felt the kick of the HK91, that 200 looked good to me. Only change I'd make is the HG format to MLok.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 8:51:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#8]

Having felt the kick of the HK91, that 200 looked good to me. Only change I'd make is the HG format to MLok.
View All Quotes

Despite my aversion to M-LOK I agree. On the recoil impulse, I think I'm just used to seeing the SCAR 17 on video being fired and it usually always has that factory installed muzzle brake which makes a big difference.
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 2:44:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Uys] [#9]

View Quote

Tenente Rhainna seemed to handle the recoil better than the Lt Col?  Maybe she's a Brazillian farm girl.
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 8:58:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Uys:

Tenente Rhainna seemed to handle the recoil better than the Lt Col?  Maybe she's a Brazillian farm girl.
View All Quotes

Ha! Probably handles it better than I would. It's rare that I shoot anything bigger than 5.56 and when I do it's one of my brother's guns.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 9:06:18 PM EDT
[#11]
"Fegghet 'bout it"

How likes?

View Quote

Me likey
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:38:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Seriously? It's called the NARP? That doesn't sound good in English to me either.

And it really just appears to be a Beretta branded version of the Sig MCX without the folding stock... I'd be surprised if it ever comes here to the commercial market since it basically already exists here in the form of the MCX.

I know that the Sig MCX never interested me enough to where I was willing to buy one.
View Quote

But but but it has a detachable forward assist by the look of the pictures. Where has that been all my life?

At least they didn't all it DERP.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:42:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By homeyclaus:

But but but it has a detachable forward assist by the look of the pictures. Where has that been all my life?

View All Quotes
Seriously? It's called the NARP? That doesn't sound good in English to me either.

And it really just appears to be a Beretta branded version of the Sig MCX without the folding stock... I'd be surprised if it ever comes here to the commercial market since it basically already exists here in the form of the MCX.

I know that the Sig MCX never interested me enough to where I was willing to buy one.

The forward assist also looks to be part of the brass deflector too. Not so sure I'd want to remove it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:27:33 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

DERP has a nicer ring than NARP. Also more apropos.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 5:36:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#15]
I'm kind of tempted to stick an Aimpoint ACRO on the ARX. Has anyone done that yet? I dunno... Maybe it's a dumb idea, I'm not sure what kind of mounts are available for the ACRO anyways.

I don't have an ACRO to try out the combination, but maybe they'd go together great.

Edit: Nah, probably a dumb idea for me since I prefer very large optic windows on dot sights. ACRO has even smaller lenses than the T2 which I'm not a fan of.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I love the ACRO - I want to buy one but too expensive for me right now

Link Posted: 10/31/2023 7:22:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#17]
I love the ACRO - I want to buy one but too expensive for me right now

View Quote

You think it would be good on the ARX though? I could imagine it might be okay if mounted all the way back.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 7:34:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Solo_] [#18]

You think it would good on the ARX though? I could imagine it might be okay if mounted all the way back.
View Quote
Yup - I like the idea. It's a TOP red dot; I wouldn't even mind it more towards the center; however small, I think its beauty and design will STILL stand out wherever you put it

THAT is why some optics are just classics
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 12:26:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Are parts still available for the ARX100? I’ve got a chance to get one but I don’t want to fall into the trap of an obsolete rifle.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By MK318:
Are parts still available for the ARX100? I’ve got a chance to get one but I don’t want to fall into the trap of an obsolete rifle.
View Quote

They pop up occasionally on Brownells as Midwest?(I don't remember offhand what the other place is called)

Parts are about a common as for anything else Beretta has not shipped hundreds of thousands of.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 12:12:47 PM EDT
[#21]

They pop up occasionally on Brownells as Midwest?(I don't remember offhand what the other place is called)

Parts are about a common as for anything else Beretta has not shipped hundreds of thousands of.
View All Quotes

I'm not in the habit of checking often anymore, but when I do there's usually almost nothing available and it's been that way for a few years.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 1:57:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#22]
Well I went ahead and bought it. Ran about 300 rounds through it. Nothing special just magtech M193 55gr. No issues. I was very happy with its accuracy and how it felt. I had just thrown that old 552 I have on there until I get something else for it but the Eotech was dead on at 25 meters so I may just keep it there. It didn’t come with any sights so I put some old KACs on there for now. I’m going to order some new MBUSs for it though.

Link Posted: 11/22/2023 2:40:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Well I went ahead and bought it. Ran about 300 rounds through it. Nothing special just magtech M193 55gr. No issues. I was very happy with its accuracy and how it felt. I had just thrown that old 552 I have on there until I get something else for it but the Eotech was dead on at 25 meters so I may just keep it there. It didn’t come with any sights so I put some old KACs on there for now. I’m going to order some new MBUSs for it though.

View Quote

No sights? Was it the FDE model? Those didn't come with sights. Probably for the best as the factory ARX sights kinda suck.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 4:03:57 PM EDT
[#24]

No sights? Was it the FDE model? Those didn't come with sights. Probably for the best as the factory ARX sights kinda suck.
View All Quotes

No it is black.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 4:57:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#25]

No it is black.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7058_jpeg-3036350.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7059_jpeg-3036351.JPG

Ah, so they must have lost them along the way.

Looks like they also messed with the flash hider as it's not timed right. Be sure to remove the barrel and clamp it in a set of barrel blocks when you go to correct it. If you go twisting on the flash hider with the barrel in the upper you can clock the barrel in the barrel extension and damage the polymer alignment/indexing tabs in the receiver.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 8:21:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Uys] [#26]

View Quote

Midwest Gun Works -  They had the recoil spring assembly recently.

If you really like it, then it'd be a good idea to get another one for parts.  Beretta USA has washed their hands of it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 8:45:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone know any place that still has an SBR kit?
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 9:07:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Uys] [#28]
At the end of October an SBR barrel went for $1100 on GB.   I watched one sell for $1700 on there a while back.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 1:07:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By 556NAT0:
View Quote

You're a few years late. Long OOS.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 1:24:48 AM EDT
[#30]

Looks like they also messed with the flash hider as it's not timed right. Be sure to remove the barrel and clamp it in a set of barrel blocks when you go to correct it. If you go twisting on the flash hider with the barrel in the upper you can clock the barrel in the barrel extension and damage the polymer alignment/indexing tabs in the receiver.
View All Quotes

No it is black.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7058_jpeg-3036350.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7059_jpeg-3036351.JPG

Yeah I’m dropping an NT4 on there this weekend so I can run it suppressed with my QDSS. One issue I’ve noticed is the bolt hold open is next to impossible to get to engage. It is very stiff. It was a bear to switch the charging handle over to the left side but I finally got it. I don’t like the small charging handle. I ordered the enlarged handle from Beretta to fix that. I don’t need the ability to flip it. The cheek riser is just held on by friction, I’m trying to come up with a more secure way to get it to stay on. I’m thinking about using Velcro. Haven’t tried it yet.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 4:21:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By _LandCruiser_:

View Quote

Yea I figured. Uh well.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 6:06:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Anybody ever dremel off those dreaded sling loops?
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 10:58:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#33]

Yeah I’m dropping an NT4 on there this weekend so I can run it suppressed with my QDSS. One issue I’ve noticed is the bolt hold open is next to impossible to get to engage. It is very stiff. It was a bear to switch the charging handle over to the left side but I finally got it. I don’t like the small charging handle. I ordered the enlarged handle from Beretta to fix that. I don’t need the ability to flip it. The cheek riser is just held on by friction, I’m trying to come up with a more secure way to get it to stay on. I’m thinking about using Velcro. Haven’t tried it yet.
View All Quotes

No it is black.

The controls are stiff on these so that's pretty normal. I never had any issue switching the charging handle to either side, but you have to get it in just the right spot to do it.

I was never a fan the aftermarket cheek riser, I think it's best to just stick with low height sights with the ARX.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 11:01:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Citizen904:
Anybody ever dremel off those dreaded sling loops?
View Quote

Not me, they just aren't obtrusive enough and don't really get in the way of anything. Plus there's no going back once you do that.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 4:52:45 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Good purchase nonetheless. If you're going to SBR it, might as well get ADCO to cut the original barrel down to 12 - 13.5" which is what the Italians and Egyptians run their ARXs at, and works well for them. The short barrel is too short IMO, although on my ARX it prints a much better group with the short barrel than the long one. If you need to revert to non-SBR then start looking for a replacement 16" barrel which is "a little more common."
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 6:01:23 AM EDT
[#36]

Good purchase nonetheless. If you're going to SBR it, might as well get ADCO to cut the original barrel down to 12 - 13.5" which is what the Italians and Egyptians run their ARXs at, and works well for them. The short barrel is too short IMO, although on my ARX it prints a much better group with the short barrel than the long one. If you need to revert to non-SBR then start looking for a replacement 16" barrel which is "a little more common."
View All Quotes

I’ve been reading around about the ARX and I’m thinking about sending my barrel off to ADCO to have it cut down to 13.9” and P&W a Surefire SOCOM 3 prong. I’m not sure I want to sbr it quite yet but the 16” barrel is goofy looking. I am also going to do the Magpul mod so I can use my Pmags as well as the spring mod to help with the stiff controls like the bolt hold open. Then I am going to just run it. I may buy a second one just for spare parts.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 8:43:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#37]

I’ve been reading around about the ARX and I’m thinking about sending my barrel off to ADCO to have it cut down to 13.9” and P&W a Surefire SOCOM 3 prong. I’m not sure I want to sbr it quite yet but the 16” barrel is goofy looking. I am also going to do the Magpul mod so I can use my Pmags as well as the spring mod to help with the stiff controls like the bolt hold open. Then I am going to just run it. I may buy a second one just for spare parts.
View All Quotes

I can't remember if ADCO is still willing to mess with ARX barrels. I know form other guy's experiences with having their ARX barrels shortened by other gunsmiths (not specifically form ADCO) that spinning the barrel on a lathe can cause the barrel extension to shift.

Also, pulling the two bolt release finger tabs that are at the front of the trigger guard to remove it to get at the spring is usually damaging to the finger tabs and would likely require replacements.

Just giving some advanced warning as you are really up sh!t creek at this point with the ARX if something breaks. Modifying springs as with anything on the ARX is pretty much the same deal, no replacements and no going back.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 8:51:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Smith local to me cut mine down to 14.5":

Been thinking about trimming another 16" ARX barrel I have down to 11", but there's the problem of accessing the ports inside the gas block & determining what their correct size should be.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 12:12:14 PM EDT
[#39]
I’d pick up a spare rifle or three.

Back when Academy was doing them for $800 I did that three times.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 2:44:38 PM EDT
[#40]

I can't remember if ADCO is still willing to mess with ARX barrels. I know form other guy's experiences with having their ARX barrels shortened by other gunsmiths (not specifically form ADCO) that spinning the barrel on a lathe can cause the barrel extension to shift.

Also, pulling the two bolt release finger tabs that are at the front of the trigger guard to remove it to get at the spring is usually damaging to the finger tabs and would likely require replacements.

Just giving some advanced warning as you are really up sh!t creek at this point with the ARX if something breaks. Modifying springs as with anything on the ARX is pretty much the same deal, no replacements and no going back.
View Quote

I sent an ARX barrel to ADCO in late 2021/ early 2022 and they cut it to 13.5.  Shortly after that I noticed in the Industry section that they said they won't
cut ARX barrels down any more.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 2:02:01 AM EDT
[#41]

I sent an ARX barrel to ADCO in late 2021/ early 2022 and they cut it to 13.5.  Shortly after that I noticed in the Industry section that they said they won't
View All Quotes

So does anyone know who cuts ARX barrels then since ADCO is no longer doing it? I am picking up a new FDE ARX tomorrow to go with the black one I have and I think I’d like to SBR one but I don’t really want to go all the way down to 10.5.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 8:02:57 AM EDT
[#42]

So does anyone know who cuts ARX barrels then since ADCO is no longer doing it? I am picking up a new FDE ARX tomorrow to go with the black one I have and I think I’d like to SBR one but I don’t really want to go all the way down to 10.5.
View Quote

Benchmark Barrels is local to me & cut mine to 14.5" (see above post/pic). Maybe contact them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 2:42:12 PM EDT
[#43]

Benchmark Barrels is local to me & cut mine to 14.5" (see above post/pic). Maybe contact them.
View All Quotes

Will do, thank you.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

How much do they charge?
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 5:10:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Citizen904:

How much do they charge?
View Quote

Just called & asked, got $165 quote, but the guy commented that they might not be hip to servicing semiauto barrels any more, probably motivated by state politics, but I'll have to go down there in person, as I have a barrel that needs trimming.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#46]
If anyone is in the Phoenix area, and has base access, Luke AFB BX has a new in box ARX100. I'm guessing it's "New Old Stock". $1,765

Do all of your ARX100 SNs start with SX?

Link Posted: 12/22/2023 9:39:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 11:32:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By ken_mays:

Yes, all 4 of mine do.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ken_mays:
Originally Posted By BravoSector1:
Do all of your ARX100 SNs start with SX?

Yes, all 4 of mine do.

All 3 of mine do to.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 8:48:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: vellnueve] [#49]
I believe all four of mine do as well. But I’ll have to double check the newest one.

I need to take the black SBR out and try it with the YHM Fat Cat. It worked great with the Phantom ULT but the Fat Cat is supposed to drop the back pressure a bit.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 9:26:03 AM EDT
[#50]
In the absence of finding a reasonably priced ARX100 in "Tan"  I am considering coloring/coating mine with a finish.

What is the actual color used for the ARX100?  It isn't FDE or Magpul FDE anyway, it has more yellow/brown like RAL 7008 which is what I suspect it might be.
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top