User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 124
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 10:36:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cherenkov:
In the absence of finding a reasonably priced ARX100 in "Tan"  I am considering coloring/coating mine with a finish.

What is the actual color used for the ARX100?  It isn't FDE or Magpul FDE anyway, it has more yellow/brown like RAL 7008 which is what I suspect it might be.
View Quote
Magpul/ACR coyote is a perfect match.

Link Posted: 12/23/2023 11:38:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By _LandCruiser_:
Magpul/ACR coyote is a perfect match.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/274532/1000006893-3068966.jpg
View Quote
Kickass - would love mine like that
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 1:03:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Findsman] [#3]
Here's a couple shots in somewhat crap lighting to give you an idea of the colors.

So-called FDE ARX, Magpul FDE RVG, no-name FDE ladder rail covers, Magpul/Bushmaster ACR Coyote Brown MBUS, MCT .308 PMAG, Aervoe Field Drab-painted AUG PMAG

The Magpul/Bushmaster ACR Coyote Brown is a near perfect match, with the Aervoe Field Drab pretty close.  I think the official color spec for coyote brown/field drab is Fed Standard 30118 which Cerakote does offer in a few of their product lines.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 4:06:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got another ARX 100.  Someone was selling a lightly used one and I got it for $1,050.  Seems like a pretty solid deal especially in today's market.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 2:20:29 AM EDT
[#5]
A lot of people are dumping them for cheap. That is why I bought a second one just to use for spare parts/extra barrel.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 11:32:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Local boards or online got those ARX buys?  Im looking for a spare with a 16” barrel.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 12:34:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zeebz] [#7]
I got mine on Gunbroker.  This guy had two of them and was getting rid of one and he had only put a single mag through it, so it's basically new.

You can get the black ones for around $1,050-$1,200 it seems on GB.  If you want an FDE one they're a bit pricier and seem to go around $1,600 or so.

Also just FYI - Midwest Gun Works has some spare parts in.  They had new 16" barrels the other day for $799 but those are sold out now.  I got a spare firing pin and recoil assembly today, and those were still available last I checked.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 9:59:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Findsman:
Here's a couple shots in somewhat crap lighting to give you an idea of the colors.

So-called FDE ARX, Magpul FDE RVG, no-name FDE ladder rail covers, Magpul/Bushmaster ACR Coyote Brown MBUS, MCT .308 PMAG, Aervoe Field Drab-painted AUG PMAG

The Magpul/Bushmaster ACR Coyote Brown is a near perfect match, with the Aervoe Field Drab pretty close.  I think the official color spec for coyote brown/field drab is Fed Standard 30118 which Cerakote does offer in a few of their product lines.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/35747/IMG_6353_JPG-3069076.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/35747/IMG_6354_JPG-3069077.JPG
View Quote

Thanks so much!
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 12:57:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fivepointoh] [#9]
I'm on the hunt for one. Black is fine. Missed a local one recently.

ETA: may be working out a trade with someone local for a used one. My Canik SFX Mete Pro with a CAA Micro rig and flashlight, along with a PL-Turbo light and custom lyses OWB holster for his ARX. We shall see.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By fivepointoh:
I'm on the hunt for one. Black is fine. Missed a local one recently.

ETA: may be working out a trade with someone local for a used one. My Canik SFX Mete Pro with a CAA Micro rig and flashlight, along with a PL-Turbo light and custom lyses OWB holster for his ARX. We shall see.
View Quote

You'd be getting a great deal. Congrats
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:46:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Stopped by the BDT booth at SHOT 2024 which was roped off, but a rep was available and chatted with him by the entrance for a few minutes. NARP is unlikely to come to the commercial market. Something about company "policy" or to that effect. That is a little weird as the PMX was commercialized recently. Maybe it is just the rifle caliber stuff like the ARX160/200 and NARP.  On a side note, I was miffed that they didn't bring any rimfire Tikkas so I can check them out
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 3:09:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#12]
Originally Posted By movingalong:
Stopped by the BDT booth at SHOT 2024 which was roped off, but a rep was available and chatted with him by the entrance for a few minutes. NARP is unlikely to come to the commercial market. Something about company "policy" or to that effect. That is a little weird as the PMX was commercialized recently. Maybe it is just the rifle caliber stuff like the ARX160/200 and NARP.  On a side note, I was miffed that they didn't bring any rimfire Tikkas so I can check them out
View Quote

This isn't at all surprising, & I concur with the policy assessment, as it fits the pattern. I consider the ARX a fluke in that regard, which might some day see it achieve "collectible" status.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 8:04:14 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

It’s probably more of a realization that nothing will crack the AR grip on the market at this point.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 8:18:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Solo_] [#14]
View Quote
Didn't see (in the reports and 'news') much at all from Beretta for this 2024 Shot Show.
Being formerly Italian (grew up there) it doesn't shock me at all - Italy has been on a downward spiral for decades now.

I am utterly pissed, mind you. Most if not ALL of the Beretta firearms I like at this point are in the past - not in the future.
... with the principal core of my interest for this entire 2024 Shot being the Indonesian PM12s which I will buy the second it lands in the US.

It's in the past.

Might be just me, a clear sign that at 56 I am old and I am starting to look at the past and not the future, but with the PMX being fugly (especially compared to the amazing PM12) and many other things Beretta simply having not worked out and being the usual Italian broken promises of which I have complete, lifetime experience, I may as well be done with today's Beretta and just endorse their once glorious past.

Vaffanculo, Beretta!

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:This isn't at all surprising, & I concur with the policy assessment, as it fits the pattern. I consider the ARX a fluke in that regard, which might some day see it achieve "collectible" status.
View Quote

Pretty much. They had a mannequin right at the roped off BDT entrance, it was holding the .22 version of the ARX 160. I guess they decided to not put on display the non-commercial sales stuff this year.  Last year, you can hold the ARX200, not this year.  Contrast that with FN & HK, they still had their unobtanium stuff on display.  Heck, FN had the MRGG-A out on the main floor next to the SCARs, you can rack it, hold it, etc.  IWS was in the case though, and sometimes pulled from it for meetings.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:30:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Solo_:
Didn't see (in the reports and 'news') much at all from Beretta for this 2024 Shot Show.
Being formerly Italian (grew up there) it doesn't shock me at all - Italy has been on a downward spiral for decades now.

I am utterly pissed, mind you. Most if not ALL of the Beretta firearms I like at this point are in the past - not in the future.
... with the principal core of my interest for this entire 2024 Shot being the Indonesian PM12s which I will buy the second it lands in the US.

It's in the past.

Might be just me, a clear sign that at 56 I am old and I am starting to look at the past and not the future, but with the PMX being fugly (especially compared to the amazing PM12) and many other things Beretta simply having not worked out and being the usual Italian broken promises of which I have complete, lifetime experience, I may as well be done with today's Beretta and just endorse their once glorious past.

Vaffanculo, Beretta!

View Quote

Not a surprise. Beretta is worse than HK in that regard.

Beretta built his empire around Govt contracts in a country that doesn’t allow competitions between manufacturers…
Need a new gun? Must be Beretta.
Need a new Vehicle? Must be Fiat

They never cared about MSR for the civilian market. They don’t need our money or deal with a quality customer support.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Frens:

Beretta built his empire around Govt contracts in a country that doesn't allow competitions between manufacturers  

They never cared about MSR for the civilian market. They don't need our money or deal with a quality customer support.
View Quote
Ciao Fra'! Great to see you here - Fil (agreed!)
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 1:36:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Beretta built his empire around Govt contracts in a country that doesn’t allow competitions between manufacturers…

They never cared about MSR for the civilian market. They don’t need our money or deal with a quality customer support.
View Quote

I agree on all counts (except shotguns - whether they want to compete or not, they're competitive in that market segment). For some reason Beretta stuff works better than almost anything else for me though

I have done terrible things to my Beretta guns, and they have all been 'vabbe' in response. But then I actually liked a Fiat Palio 1.6L when I lived in LatAm, which most people thought weird for a German. And I have driven (and fixed) Fiat Unos made in a couple of different countries and respect them for what they are.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:02:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By homeyclaus:

I agree on all counts (except shotguns - whether they want to compete or not, they're competitive in that market segment). For some reason Beretta stuff works better than almost anything else for me though

I have done terrible things to my Beretta guns, and they have all been 'vabbe' in response. But then I actually liked a Fiat Palio 1.6L when I lived in LatAm, which most people thought weird for a German. And I have driven (and fixed) Fiat Unos made in a couple of different countries and respect them for what they are.
View Quote

Oh don’t get me wrong: Beretta firearms and Fiat group vehicles are great and reliable.
It’s just their policy and the way they achieved success that bothers me.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:19:29 AM EDT
[#20]

Oh don’t get me wrong: Beretta firearms and Fiat group vehicles are great and reliable.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

No different than any major German manufacturer guns, cars, and really big industrial equipment. Command economies, all of them. They're picking winners and losers stateside too though, they just harp on the charade of a free economy more.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:39:51 AM EDT
[#21]

No different than any major German manufacturer guns, cars, and really big industrial equipment. Command economies, all of them. They're picking winners and losers stateside too though, they just harp on the charade of a free economy more.
View Quote

At least the so much hated HK released everything they have on the civilian market.. in EU we can have the Hk243 and different flavors of 416/417.

In Italy Beretta doesn’t get much hate because it’s legal to convert MG into SA.. we can have real 70/90, BM59, Pm12.. but that’s not a Beretta decision
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:14:24 AM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Over here they realize it's more lucrative to have multiple manufacturers and see which can afford to throw the best open bar politician balls and the best pay packages for retiring flag officers. If you're going to be corrupt you might as well get perks.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 11:55:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Still have my three ARX's... Still safe in the safe.

Link Posted: 6/29/2024 8:24:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

https://i.imgur.com/QDDlIJmh.jpg
View Quote
Still have mine, too - maybe I'll keep it, but it almost certainly is discontinued.

BY THE WAY, you people must have seen this video already - I hadn't. Just randomly popped up in my feed.

I was ready to hate, now I am almost in love

FINALLY: Hands-On with the Beretta N.A.R.P. Next Gen Rifle

Link Posted: 6/29/2024 8:52:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Still have mine, too - maybe I'll keep it, but it almost certainly is discontinued.

BY THE WAY, you people must have seen this video already - I hadn't. Just randomly popped up in my feed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H0q4SJHsEE

View All Quotes

... NARP? Really?

"Not an AR Platform?"
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Yep, I've seen that. I admit that I wouldn't turn one down if it was given to me, but I still think it's pretty much just a copy of the Sig MCX.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#27]

Yep, I've seen that. I admit that I wouldn't turn one down if it was given to me, but I still think it's pretty much just a copy of the Sig MCX.
View Quote

Most things are copies of the same or similar piston systems fundamentally AR Inspired and AR180 inspired.  I guess if it works why not copy - however it makes things sort of less exciting - Like how So many handguns are essentially a striker fired Glock-ish clone - is there any really big differences?

I Think the ARX, could offer much more if innovated a little more Is it really done?

If so can we expect to see some parts kits from Italy? : )

Link Posted: 7/1/2024 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#28]

Most things are copies of the same or similar piston systems fundamentally AR Inspired and AR180 inspired.  I guess if it works why not copy - however it makes things sort of less exciting - Like how So many handguns are essentially a striker fired Glock-ish clone - is there any really big differences?

I Think the ARX, could offer much more if innovated a little more Is it really done?

View Quote

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/beretta-arx100/parts.html

MGW still has a few parts, but several (page 2) are now discontinued.  Brownells ARX parts are long gone.  If you have an ARX, or two, I wouldn't bet on Beretta USA doing anything and buy a few spare parts.
Gave up on mine and moved on.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:54:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Uys:

MGW still has a few parts, but several (page 2) are now discontinued.  Brownells ARX parts are long gone.  If you have an ARX, or two, I wouldn't bet on Beretta USA doing anything and buy a few spare parts.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Uys:

They actually had more parts than I was expecting to see, but it's still not all that many. I know a couple years ago over on the Beretta forum there was a guy in need of a mag catch spring and I'm not sure if he was ever able to find one, but his ARX was pretty much sidelined without it... looks like those are still unavailable.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff: I know a couple years ago over on the Beretta forum there was a guy in need of a mag catch spring and I'm not sure if he was ever able to find one, but his ARX was pretty much sidelined without it... looks like those are still unavailable.
View Quote
Not sure if he already tried, but he should have reached out to Beretta. Just because they don't sell whatever parts wherever, doesn't mean they don't have the parts to support owners.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 1:30:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
Not sure if he already tried, but he should have reached out to Beretta. Just because they don't sell whatever parts wherever, doesn't mean they don't have the parts to support owners.
View Quote

Not sure if he went that route or not?

I know it’s kind of a pain in the butt because they require you to send in the whole rifle.
Page / 124
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top