Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2023 12:14:13 AM EDT
One photo with model name, caliber, and S/n?

I’m doing a Rhineland arms .45acp Mauser conversion
Original S/n, new engraved model name since there was none, & my trust info?
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 10:51:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: D_Man] [#1]
Since it's an unusual model, I would send the picture and make sure it has the original manufacturer and serial number markings clear.  If you added a model designation and then listed that on the Form 1, then I would get that in the picture as well for sure.

Your personal/trust info, it's fine to include but it's not needed really.  Many people wouldn't have it done yet at the time of form submission, and the purpose of the picture is mainly to help the examiner confirm you have the correct make/model/serial on the form when it's an obscure example.
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 2:04:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I always recommend folks send photos when the make or model is not listed.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 5:20:01 PM EDT
[#3]
IIRC the examiner had an issue with my Sten MkIII SBR because it wasn't a recognized manufacturer or model in their systems. They asked for photos of the markings and I just told them that it isn't a conversion and I will be making the receiver myself as a homemade firearm. They accepted that information and issued the approval.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top