User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 2:19:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do you mean so that it makes the end a sacrificial blast baffle?
View Quote

No, just no ports on the bottom, like an A2 flash suppressor, to reduce signature in the prone and provide a compensating effect.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Do you mean so that it makes the end a sacrificial blast baffle?
View Quote

I think he means with no bottom port, like an A2 bird cage, to avoid kicking up dust when prone.

ETA too slow on the page jump
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 7:54:16 PM EDT
[#4]
We do as well, 6315RF.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 9:31:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We do as well, 6315RF.
View Quote

Forward controls, for those that don’t know
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 4:34:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:00:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Omit two ports
I bet people buy that
Some people are OCD and like timing devices. Freaks
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:28:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Omit two ports
I bet people buy that
View Quote
If that's your jam, the forward controls one linked above is what you're looking for.

But eww.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:49:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If that's your jam, the forward controls one linked above is what you're looking for.

But eww.
View Quote

I hadn’t seen that, nice
<- not a plan B guy
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:23:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Omit two ports
I bet people buy that
View Quote

I'd buy one, but I guess I'll stick with FCD.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:03:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Im very interested in the night howler. Pardon my ignorance, but does the open design act as a sacrificial baffle? Also, I just picked up a 14.7" so it looks like this might be a good option to pin and weld to 16" (based off the similar size of an a2).  Any chance you know this to be true?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:57:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah I have to recommend rearden over the WPA.  Rearden 14x1LH facemounts perfectly on all my AKs because it's much shallower.  I can't get the WPA to work at all (both because it's so deep and the included spacer doesn't seem squarely cut) and they don't respond to emails.  

Link Posted: 4/15/2023 3:05:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Interested to try one out.  I've got Rex cans with Rearden Atlas adapters.  One request is a 24x1.5 RH mount similar to the Rearden Blyat, as theirs is forever out of stock.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 1:26:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 1:42:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 1:51:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 3:15:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We are waiting on a reply from our last response. I need to know where it sits when you add both spacers so we know what length to make the new spacers that we're gonna send you. The spacers are cut on a lathe in a single operation so they should be perfectly square.

Here are the images of the measurements that we based the spacer size on. We measured several Ak's here at the shop and added some length for it to sit off the front sight. I need to know the length of your threads in order to send you the correct spacers.
View Quote

Below are the measurements I sent in and posted, they should be fairly accurate.  I did take new pictures of what you requested with both spacers.
First Picture is with ONE spacer installed, completely bottoms out on FSB

Second picture is BOTH spacers installed

Third picture shows both spacers next to threading

Fourth picture shows MD, spacers, next to threading.

The measurements from my Draco is 15mm, Factory WASR (not parts kit) 14mm , slant back VEPR 15mm.

I measured the spacer at 5mm, I attempted to measure the internal threading of the muzzle device and think I came to 20mm.  If that is correct then it has 15mm of threading which explains why the devices are hitting the FSP.  I'm not an engineer by any means (computer science major) but possibly a 7-8mm spacer could work and be universal?  I'm unsure of PSA barrel thread length but that would have to be taken into account as well since they move allot of volume.  Could anyone with a PSA rifle measure the length of their threading?

Please see my pictures here where I did the measurements with my calipers.

https://imgur.com/a/KELYhLp

Please note I have a North Carolina education so if I messed up please go easy.

Link Posted: 4/21/2023 1:33:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 5:10:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:39:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:02:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top