Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2024 8:27:06 PM EDT
I got a AGM Rattler 50-640 V2 and I want to get a padded molle-compatible case so I can put it on my pack and easy access while hiking. Does anyone have any suggestions for such a thing? I'm having trouble finding it, most of the padded pouches I'm seeing are for goggles or much smaller monoculars.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 9:13:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Diz] [#1]
Hmmm.  How big?  Check out AWS gear over in Fayetteville.  They have a nice, big-ass padded pouch for NV.  Or Large Molle/FILBE sustainment pouch, w/insert?  Easy to cut some closed-cell foam and duct tape to shape. Possibly some of those after-market Nalgene bottle pouches?
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 9:14:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I use this USMC pouch from Venture Surplus for a Yoter 50 and it works great.

They are currently sold out but I bet others have it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 4:07:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CFletch] [#3]
size of the Rattler 50-640 is 7.8   2.9   3.3 in

That USMC case looks perfect but I can't find it in stock. I found a ACU version that looks to be the same case just in different camo, so I'll give that a shot. https://armysurpluswarehouse.com/optical-instrument-thermal-sight-case-acu-digital/

For $21 including S&H, I'm not risking much
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#4]
unfortunately, armysurpluswarehouse emailed me saying they were out of stock on the pouch. Got a refund but that was the only place that seemed to have that type of pouch in stock. Any other ideas along similar lines?
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:58:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Diz:
Hmmm.  How big?  Check out AWS gear over in Fayetteville.  They have a nice, big-ass padded pouch for NV.  Or Large Molle/FILBE sustainment pouch, w/insert?  Easy to cut some closed-cell foam and duct tape to shape. Possibly some of those after-market Nalgene bottle pouches?
View Quote
Not sure I'd trust any of the Nalgene-type bottle pouches, their padding is very thin.

The AWS gear NVG pouch looks like it'd be pretty cramped. It's external dimensions are pretty close in some areas to the optic itself, so the padding would be super compressed, especially in depth. But if I can't find anything else, it's a good option for sure. Price is very fair.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 4:13:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Arbor arms makes a pouch for nvgs that may work. Two sizes and you have to buy a padded liner separately so not cheap. Good quality gear for sure. I have the small pouch but haven't lugged it around yet.

https://arborarmsusa.com/shop/arbor-arms-tactical-pouches/multi-function-pouch/#multi-function-pouch
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 8:13:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MtnRoamer] [#7]
There's a few on ebay that look close:

Edit: Looks like Sportsman Guide has the USMC Thermal case in stock

Here
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 1:36:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I use one of these for my nods (bnvd-sg). It is also able to hold my rattler ts35-640, if I am not using it for my nods.

Tactical Tailor Pvs 14 pouch
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 4:03:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Something like this work?

I have used those LBT insulated nalgene pouches for things other than nalgene bottles a bunch, but they work good for the water bottles too.
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 10:48:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mickdonaldson] [#10]
Use any old pouch that will fit it, and make your own padding with bulk closed cell foam off of Amazon. Close with 1" Industrial Velcro Adhesive "Dots".
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 10:05:36 AM EDT
[#11]
This looks pretty close to those USMC and ACU thermal optic cases, just with ALICE clips instead of MOLLE. I'll give it a shot. https://colemans.com/u-s-g-i-warrior-systems-soft-case
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 12:22:27 PM EDT
[#12]
so the above pouch from Coleman fits perfectly. It's a very nice pouch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top