User Panel

Page / 16
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:59:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By agb104983:

Sold with installed stock adapter and stock, but not sold as an SBR
View Quote

Figured it was fine as long as it wasn’t on it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 12:58:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Constructive intent?
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 1:22:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: agb104983] [#3]
Originally Posted By strider98:

Constructive intent?
View All Quotes

Constructive intent?

I could be wrong but I thought it was a no no.  Its not like you can argue its for a brace, since I’m not aware of an approved brace that uses the dovetail adapter.  Plus these warnings from the Czechpoint listing for the stock adapter plate.  I assume they were in communication with the ATF when they decided to produce and sell the plates so I assume the warning resulted from those communications:
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 6:47:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Constructive intent?
View Quote

I have seen this phrase numerous times and I have used it myself but don’t think there has ever been a legal case brought up against someone.

I generally keep my parts that make a gun a NFA item at work and keep the gun at the house just to be safe.
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 11:48:26 AM EDT
[#5]

I have seen this phrase numerous times and I have used it myself but don’t think there has ever been a legal case brought up against someone.

I generally keep my parts that make a gun a NFA item at work and keep the gun at the house just to be safe.
View Quote

Does anyone know what happened with Jesus Amador, the guy who was arrested for constructive possession for selling an H&K pistol with a foregrip and stock that weren't attached to it? My Google-fu isn't finding any information regarding the disposition of the case.
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 1:57:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Marquar:

Does anyone know what happened with Jesus Amador, the guy who was arrested for constructive possession for selling an H&K pistol with a foregrip and stock that weren't attached to it? My Google-fu isn't finding any information regarding the disposition of the case.
View Quote

Case was dismissed.
link
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 10:12:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: agb104983] [#7]
Decent price if someone wants a “rifle” VZ61 but can’t own a SBR in their state.  

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/915200084
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 11:37:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: agb104983] [#8]
Here’s a quick little write up of information for those interested in doing a re-welded receiver from demilled receiver pieces.  I can’t remember what information is already previously been shared here since I’ve been reading info from a bunch of forums so some of this might be duplicative.  I can only upload so many pictures per post so this will be in a couple posts.

My buddy is 7/02 SOT and was thinking about doing a dealer sample reweld but ended up deciding to just convert a semi auto receiver.  Before he made that call I did a bunch of research into this and here is what I came up with.  As a sidenote for those doing a semi automatic gun, before doing the actual welding you would need a weld up the sear trip slot as well as modify some of the original parts.  There’s a pretty good write up on this whole process at this link:  https://www.gunco.net/threads/vz61-reweld-semi-auto.49613/

For all of the recently imported kits, they require three torch cuts in critical areas, each cut removing at least a quarter inch of metal.  As you might imagine, with the small size of these receivers and relatively complex mechanism, this can make rewelding a demil receiver a little more difficult.  Below I have pictured three different types of Demil cuts. I used a picture I pulled off Google of an early semi lautomatic receiver, since it is physically and visually identical to a full auto receiver from the side view except for it’s missing the full auto selector notch and marking which would be located to the left of the 0/safety notch.  These designations are ones I made up to make it easier to discuss them on here.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Type one Demil is example of the kits sold by Bowman as well as a few other sellers at the moment.  It’s also the easiest one to do if you are just using the one set of Demil parts.  Type two and three versions are sold by a few different companies at the moment, like ReconOrd and southern tactical.  

All three versions as well as other versions from older imported kits have a cut through the magazine well.  This is super easy to weld and clean up without too many difficulties, especially if you purchase a jig and one of the brass backer pieces for the magazine well.  Since a cut in that area is almost universal and not difficult to deal with, I’m going to focus on the two cuts in the fire control group area.

While anything is possible, type two and three Demil versions cut into the safety selector hole area and cut far enough back that it cuts through the large threaded hole at the bottom of the back of the receiver where the rate reducer tube screws onto. Even if you are not using the rate reducer parts, this is the same tube that the grip slides over so it is universal for any version of the gun.  For me, you ideally don’t want to have to deal with welding in those areas and re-drilling those holes.  Plus you would have to re-thread the large hole at the bottom of the receiver at the back which would be a huge pain.  So priority number one for most rewelds is to have a intact back piece as much as possible.  This is why type one demils are the easiest, in my opinion.
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#9]
However with any of these guns you’re still having to deal with a large gap of metal in that critical rear area where the rear most torch cut is made.  Even though the kits require multiple cuts each removing at least a quarter inch of metal, as you can tell with different versions of demil’s cutting in different areas, someone could purchase a type one Demil receiver pieces and then purchase the pieces for a type two or type three.  Using a combination of the type one and the other, you could cut and grind the overlapping pieces to where they mate up perfectly in the area of the rear-most cut.  Often times there is also some overlap in the middle cut to where you might not be able to make it perfect but you can close that gap up.  Here is a picture showing what you can do with two different types of demils and the approximate gap you can end up with prior to starting the welding process.  The width of the black lines indicates the width of the gap after cutting and grinding the different pieces with a Dremel or similar tool.  
Attachment Attached File

I am not a welder but I would imagine using TIG would be ideal, MIG would also work especially with it turned down to a pretty low heat.

One main advantage of a reweld reciever compared to a semiauto receiver from Czechpoint, is the stock attachment.  On my semi automatic Czechpoint  gun I did a form one to make it an SBR.  My stock attaches great to the plate on the back of the receiver.  It works but I didn’t realize it doesn’t technically lock up and attach in the same way as an original.  Yes the dovetail is the same and the stock folds similarly and all that. However on the original gun the dovetail sets just slightly forward since it is cut into the back of the receiver instead of being attached to a plate bolted on the back.  On the original gun when the stock is deployed, the stock arms actually touch the lower back of the receiver.  The locking mechanism for the stock is tapered so it locks tightly against that part of the receiver, making the stock actually very rigid with less flex.  Here are a couple photos to show the difference with the critical area circled:

Original gun
Attachment Attached File

Czechpoint gun with dovetail adapter plate
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/12/2021 4:00:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone have a line on .380 mags? Im striking out everywhere
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 4:15:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: agb104983] [#11]
@sefus

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/912462851

https://gunsclassic.com/product/vz-61-380-magazine-czechpoint/

It also looks like Czechpoint Has both black and clear versions of these magazines in stock as well ready to ship for like $22 apiece.  I would definitely order through Czechpoint personally

https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/380-auto-vz-61-20-round-black-magazine/product

https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/380-auto-vz-61-20-round-clear-magazine/product
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 4:34:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sefus] [#12]
thanks. Temporarily locked out of GB for forgetting my password lol

ETA oh dude you rock! thanks!
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 4:39:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: agb104983] [#13]
Originally Posted By sefus:
thanks. Temporarily locked out of GB for forgetting my password lol

ETA oh dude you rock! thanks!
View Quote

No problem at all. Check Czechpoint first for parts since they are the main source.  I keep meaning to type up a vendor list of all the places to find VZ61  parts and magazines that I am aware of
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I dont know how I spaced them. Got 4 black and 4 clear coming and also just got the call I can go pick my VZ up. Happy Birthday to me!
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 4:57:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Also the 22LR mags are in stock.

Get them while you can. When they go OOS you can list 2 on gunbroker to pay for the 5 you'll use.

22lr 20rd mag @ $22.50
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 10:57:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Wish they’d get some more .380s in the country, I want one bad.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 2:31:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I solved the stock lock up problem on my gun by taking my mig welder and adding a little nubbin to the stock so it contacts the receiver. Stock locks up tight with no more wobble.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 1:00:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By R3dundantC:
I solved the stock lock up problem on my gun by taking my mig welder and adding a little nubbin to the stock so it contacts the receiver. Stock locks up tight with no more wobble.
View Quote

Pics?
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 6:04:34 PM EDT
[#19]
https://code4defense.com/product/multimount-vz61-skorpion-holster/

Someone get one of these so I can see better pic's!
Also pics with the threaded barrel so I can figure if my 3lug will fit.
:)
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:06:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By NightOwl:
https://code4defense.com/product/multimount-vz61-skorpion-holster/

Someone get one of these so I can see better pic's!
Also pics with the threaded barrel so I can figure if my 3lug will fit.
:)
View Quote

I ordered one earlier.  I’ll let you know when it gets in.  Here are some pictures from the listing for the rest of the people in the thread.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:56:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Also confirm of it works with the 22 upper as well. That is pretty sick.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:04:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: agb104983] [#22]

View All Quotes

Pretty sure the .22 upper has the same exterior dimensions so it should work just as well.  My .22 upper is out getting a sear trip added so I can use it in the full auto VZ61 my friend, who has an SOT, has.  I can test the fit when I get it back in a month or so
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 12:41:00 AM EDT
[#23]

Pretty sure the .22 upper has the same exterior dimensions so it should work just as well.  My .22 upper is out getting a sear trip added so I can use it in the full auto VZ61 my friend, who has an SOT, has.  I can test the fit when I get it back in a month or so
View Quote

Yeah it should work, mag curvature is the only difference.  Think the 22 is straighter so shouldn't be a issue. Just wanted to be sure before I made a purchase.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 1:05:54 AM EDT
[#24]

Yeah it should work, mag curvature is the only difference.  Think the 22 is straighter so shouldn't be a issue. Just wanted to be sure before I made a purchase.
View All Quotes

Gotcha. I was just thinking about the upper. The magazine will definitely be different but I would imagine it would either work or you could trim to make it work. I’ll let you know as soon as I can test it but it may be a month or so before my upper comes back.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 1:17:54 PM EDT
[#25]
oh I hadnt seen that holster yet. So useless to carry the skorpion... but I'm ordering one in coyote now lol
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 1:28:19 PM EDT
[#26]
I might have to get one of those holsters for the laughs!
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 4:11:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks like a guy is making some replacement stock pieces.  The painted is the original, the second one down is the same length as the original but is widened past the front sight so it can go over a over a barrel silencer or at least not interfere with the mount for a regular threaded barrel silencer.  Last one is an extended stock that is also widened so that it can clip over a suppressor while mounted.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 4:56:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks like a guy is making some replacement stock pieces.  The painted is the original, the second one down is the same length as the original but is widened past the front sight so it can go over a over a barrel silencer or at least not interfere with the mount for a regular threaded barrel silencer.  Last one is an extended stock that is also widened so that it can clip over a suppressor while mounted.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97614/47438817-ED0E-400F-96DB-23E815648F40_jpe-2183138.JPG
View Quote

That’s pretty cool
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 8:53:41 AM EDT
[#29]

That’s pretty cool
View Quote

Agreed - Very clever!  My SBR factory length stock is ironically more suited to a "forearm" brace length than stock.  I have Gorilla-like forearms that are long and the stock goes up to about 3/4 the way to my elbow.  If I strapped it it would be a fine forearm brace LOL!
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:25:30 PM EDT
[#30]
I always found it funny(and ridiculous) that the skorpion is considered a stock when all the AR braces on the market are 1000% more effective.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:38:05 PM EDT
[#31]
@agb104983

Any news on the fixed stock adapter?
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#32]

Could you get two and sling them on either side of a shoulder rig?

#AskingForAMe
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 11:29:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
@agb104983

Any news on the fixed stock adapter?
View Quote

No updates. I will check back in with him and see if he’s made any more progress with a production run.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 11:30:42 PM EDT
[#34]

#AskingForAMe
View All Quotes

#AskingForAMe

No idea but I bet that company could make them in a shoulder rig
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 4:58:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: agb104983] [#35]
https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/765mm-br-barrel/product

Barrels are available from Czechpoint for the first time in at least five months.  Lots of people need them for their kits that came without barrels so I would expect these to sell out
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 11:23:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Got my holster in the mail. It’s ridiculous and awesome!
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 11:36:06 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

The kydex?
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 12:21:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: agb104983] [#38]

The kydex?
View All Quotes

The kydex?

I assume he’s talking about the Code4 Defense ones.  I got mine as well:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 8:00:17 AM EDT
[#39]

Nice.

I asked Santa for one.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 10:00:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Yep, Code 4 kydex. I did coyote brown for some reason. Should have gone for the multi cam
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 9:45:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: spcustoms] [#41]
Please delete
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 12:42:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Here’s a little tip for all those looking to swap uppers on a regular basis, like if you have a 32ACP gun but you bought the 22 conversion upper to use as well.  Credit for this goes to Jeb Arms LLC.

All you have to do is remove existing receiver pin while being careful not to lose the detent and spring.  Then by using a file or Dremel, grind down the tip of the pin a ways back so that it ends up being completely flush with the right side of the upper or maybe just a little bit below flush.  You can leave the detent out of the upper and check fit as you grind/file until it’s just right(Flush or a slightly below flush).  And now reinstall the spring/detent and the reciever pin. The end result is that the pin has been cut back enough that it allows you to remove the upper.

The only downside to this is with the pin being flush, you can’t push it out with your finger and will need to use a bullet or screwdriver or something to get it started when you try to pull it out to remove the upper in the future.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 1:15:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Here’s a little tip for all those looking to swap uppers on a regular basis, like if you have a 32ACP gun but you bought the 22 conversion upper to use as well.  Credit for this goes to Jeb Arms LLC.

All you have to do is remove existing receiver pin while being careful not to lose the detent and spring.  Then by using a file or Dremel, grind down the tip of the pin a ways back so that it ends up being completely flush with the right side of the upper or maybe just a little bit below flush.  You can leave the detent out of the upper and check fit as you grind/file until it’s just right(Flush or a slightly below flush).  And now reinstall the spring/detent and the reciever pin. The end result is that the pin has been cut back enough that it allows you to remove the upper.

The only downside to this is with the pin being flush, you can’t push it out with your finger and will need to use a bullet or screwdriver or something to get it started when you try to pull it out to remove the upper in the future.
View Quote

KNS needs to make one of these for the vz.
Attachment Attached File

Also got my holster will get pics later.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 12:00:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: swampfoxoutdoors] [#44]
Good news and bad news.

Good news the holster is freaking awesome and can’t wait to use it. Works for the 22lr and 32 upper. And with suppressor.

Bad news mine was formed wrong and my stock gets hung on the lip of the holster and doesn’t allow a smooth draw. Will be emailing the company and see if they can fix it.

Well code4defense states they have a warranty but they provide no way to contact them via email. This holster was a gift so I have no order number or email history from the company.

Can someone hit me up with a contact for them?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 12:03:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Good news and bad news.

Good news the holster is freaking awesome and can’t wait to use it. Works for the 22lr and 32 upper. And with suppressor.

Bad news mine was formed wrong and my stock gets hung on the lip of the holster and doesn’t allow a smooth draw. Will be emailing the company and see if they can fix it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/424008/525F7219-C032-4121-B27F-67AED37F6CDA_jpe-2231259.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/424008/632E2335-E54A-4F14-AFE2-F6F72295EA36_jpe-2231260.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/424008/2341026E-85B7-4AD7-81A2-536B0595FF10_jpe-2231261.JPG
View Quote

That holster is badass! I'd love to get one if I didn't hate the wire stock so much. I'm holding out for that Vz58 adapter.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 12:57:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Good news and bad news.

Well code4defense states they have a warranty but they provide no way to contact them via email. This holster was a gift so I have no order number or email history from the company.

Can someone hit me up with a contact for them?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/424008/525F7219-C032-4121-B27F-67AED37F6CDA_jpe-2231259.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/424008/632E2335-E54A-4F14-AFE2-F6F72295EA36_jpe-2231260.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/424008/2341026E-85B7-4AD7-81A2-536B0595FF10_jpe-2231261.JPG
View Quote

Their Facebook page is pretty active so I would message them directly on there.  Mine does the same thing but for me the stock catching on that lip almost acts a form of retention so I’m fine with it
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 8:06:54 AM EDT
[#47]

Their Facebook page is pretty active so I would message them directly on there.  Mine does the same thing but for me the stock catching on that lip almost acts a form of retention so I’m fine with it
View Quote

Mine sticks so bad you have to take the holster off and use to hand to bend and pull to get it out.

No Facebook here.

I found there gmail and sent  email with pictures.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 1:26:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sefus] [#48]
Czechpoint has stock - excuse me, brace adapters back in stock
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:09:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Czechpoint has stock - excuse me, brace adapters back in stock
View Quote

Atlantic Arms has 9x18 and 7.65 Vz 61's in stock

https://atlanticfirearms.com/vz-61-pistol-9x18-makarov-czechpoint
https://atlanticfirearms.com/vz-61-pistol-7-65-w-threaded-barrel
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#50]
TP9 stock adapter for Vz61. This may be a good fit for the minimalist stock approach.

https://islemfg.com/vz-61-1913-tp9-stock-adapter/
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top