Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2024 3:30:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Banshee35]
So I was at my local shop yesterday and they had an FDE MDRX in .223 for $1100 out the door.

I played with it a bit and seemed nice and trigger was much better than I expected.

I have a soft spot for bull pups and own a PS90, FS2000, Hellion, Tavor, AUG and an MSAR so it’s not like I really need it but price seemed good to me but haven’t been shopping for one.

Too good to pass up?
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 5:21:46 AM EDT
[#1]
If you're into bull pups and already have a few in your collection, $1100 for an MDRX is a pretty sweet deal. I’ve handled a few bull pups myself, and if the MDRX’s trigger is better than expected, it sounds like a great find. If you’ve got the space and the budget, I’d say go for it!

Link Posted: 7/21/2024 6:12:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I paid double that for mine.  I think I over paid, but would be much happier with it if I had paid 1100.  It is not as accurate as an AR and still has more recoil than I would expect, but it is very fun to shoot.  Very loud.  It is also nice for a leftie.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#3]
For 1100 I'd jump on that.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 8:52:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I paid $2600 for my MDRx.

(Sigh)

In truth, it's very reliable and the forward eject is cool.  Mine's accuracy took a lot of tweaking to get to being OK.

I wouldn't pay $2600 again for one, (sigh- but hey , my bonus hit , and it was a good bonus).    But $1100??  Wow.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 11:21:02 PM EDT
[#5]
It’s used but looks new

Like I said, I don’t really have a need for it but seemed like a good deal. I have it on hold and will probably pick it up this week then.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 11:56:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Zero parts for it. DT discontinued it. So there is that … they won’t be making any new parts …
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 12:16:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thehun06:
Zero parts for it. DT discontinued it. So there is that … they won’t be making any new parts …
View Quote

I almost snagged one locally as well, but passed once I saw this. Even if it's a "good deal" it will become a paperweight soon as a critical part breaks or wears out. No thanks.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 12:53:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Odinforever2000] [#8]
View Quote

Nope..But they have parts for it for the next 10 years.

I have an increasing number of firearms that are discontinued..Parts arent really a concern lol
(I also have a Tavor SAR and Beretta ARX100)...These are both discontinued but I got a great deal on them.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:52:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Odinforever2000:

I have an increasing number of firearms that are discontinued..Parts arent really a concern lol
(I also have a Tavor SAR and Beretta ARX100)...These are both discontinued but I got a great deal on them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Pretty much this.  They made a large backlog of parts and are honoring warrentee repairs.   The guns are well enough made and hold up fine, so I wouldn't ove-focus on that aspect.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:07:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#10]

View All Quotes

10 years of parts ...

How is that defined now ... I can say I have 10 years of parts ... but really only have one rifle worth of parts in inventory ... that statement is very and can be misleading ...

I hope they prepped for it appropriately ... but I am not holding my breath ... getting an MDRX now as a primary rifle would be dicy in my opinion and I'd just save up for a WLVRN if one is to go DT ...
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:43:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Hell, half the bull pups I listed that I already own have no spare parts. I’m looking at you FN and MSAR

I also have a Robinson M96 and worry every time I take it to the range. Even worse for my transferable Valmet M78 but it still goes to machine gun shoots.

I guess spare parts don’t worry me too much as it will not be a heavy use gun but definitely something to take into account.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd only buy it if you can test fire it.  There were plenty of MDRX owners who got turds.
Mine runs great.  The guy who got his with me, right out of the same batch, same model, same color, he ended up with a disappointing pile of garbage.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:19:01 AM EDT
[#13]

10 years of parts ...

How is that defined now ... I can say I have 10 years of parts ... but really only have one rifle worth of parts in inventory ... that statement is very and can be misleading ...

I hope they prepped for it appropriately ... but I am not holding my breath ... getting an MDRX now as a primary rifle would be dicy in my opinion and I'd just save up for a WLVRN if one is to go DT ...
View Quote

There is some parts commonality in the Wlvrn. Just depends on what your replacing
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 11:14:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#14]

There is some parts commonality in the Wlvrn. Just depends on what your replacing
View All Quotes

10 years of parts ...

That, and this gun is the exotic.  Nobody runs an MDRx, or an HK PSG1 or an SVD as their primary beater.  But it'll run.  I have over 1000 rounds through my 6.5 Creedmoor unit, and have run it 3-gun and hunting and gong range.  It runs fine.  They have spare parts - and being discontinued you'll.be able to sell it for more than you paid, later anyway.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:15:18 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Same, I have a lot of discontinued guns these days
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 9:40:02 AM EDT
[#16]
FO it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top