Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Previous Page
/ 2
Next Page
11/14/2019 1:48:28 PM EDT
Everyone running around trumpeting and laughing that Hollywood is failing at marketing social justice movies.

they come out with these bombs, and GD is like "Those movies fail at the box office - only a matter of time until Hollywood learns to make movies that mainstream America likes

Ghostbusters, The Last Jedi, Terminator Dark Fate, The upcoming Jams Bond A Time to Die, etc.

I think they are just selectively assassinating strong male franchises that they don't like.
Many applaud these failures, but think about what will fill the void of these franchises leave?
I think it is all going as planned.  A Time to Die indeed!
11/14/2019 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#1]
No. Please clap.
11/14/2019 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#2]
No. Eventually people will remember they like money and will make movies people want to see.
11/14/2019 1:50:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quote History
Quoted:
No. Eventually people will remember they like money and will make movies people want to see.
View Quote
like deadpool and joker.
11/14/2019 1:50:34 PM EDT
[#4]
In the end it comes to making money and they will wise up eventually.  If they don't, they die... and someone else will come along and fill the void.
11/14/2019 1:50:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I want Hollywood to fail. They are the enemy in addition to the media.
11/14/2019 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#6]
When those movies bomb they have a built-in scapegoat.

Us.

If we weren't so toxic the box office numbers would be better - not that the movie itself was a turd.

They can lose money and still validate their worldview.
11/14/2019 1:54:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Everyone running around trumpeting and laughing that Hollywood is failing at marketing social justice movies.

they come out with these bombs, and GD is like "Those movies fail at the box office - only a matter of time until Hollywood learns to make movies that mainstream America likes

Ghostbusters, The Last Jedi, Terminator Dark Fate, The upcoming Jams Bond A Time to Die, etc.

I think they are just selectively assassinating strong male franchises that they don't like.
Many applaud these failures, but think about what will fill the void of these franchises leave?
I think it is all going as planned.  A Time to Die indeed!
View Quote
Movie Franchises all begin to suck. Hollywood needs new ideas, not more and more sequels.
11/14/2019 1:54:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
Quoted:
I want Hollywood to fail. They are the enemy in addition to the media.
View Quote
Yeah, good riddance. Too overpaid. They need to learn just like pro sports and all the woke consumer products companies are.

Stop giving them money. Buy ammo.
11/14/2019 1:55:56 PM EDT
[#9]
star wars 7 hit $2+ billion at the box office with a budget of $300 million

star wars 8 hit $1.3+ billion with a budget of $200-317 million
11/14/2019 1:57:34 PM EDT
[#10]
It’s hard to believe, given all the money out there waiting to be collected, that a right leaning Patriot type filmmaker isn’t putting out movies that appeal to non SJW types.

I suppose Clint Eastwood is but otherwise I cant think of any.
11/14/2019 1:58:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quote History
Quoted:
I want Hollywood to fail. They are the enemy in addition to the media.
View Quote
11/14/2019 1:59:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quote History
Quoted:
I want Hollywood to fail. They are the enemy in addition to the media.
View Quote
11/14/2019 2:02:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quote History
Quoted:
It’s hard to believe, given all the money out there waiting to be collected, that a right leaning Patriot type filmmaker isn’t putting out movies that appeal to non SJW types.

I suppose Clint Eastwood is but otherwise I cant think of any.
View Quote
I don't think there are many right leaning filmmakers currently. Or actors/crew willing to work on that project if they don't have to. There is occasionally one released like that recent anti-abortion film. The money is still in making girl-power superhero movies with white man bad.
11/14/2019 2:16:45 PM EDT
[#14]
It fails because it’s blatantly contrived, like all attempts at social engineering.
11/14/2019 2:23:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I think they are just selectively assassinating strong male franchises that they don't like.

Many applaud these failures, but think about what will fill the void of these franchises leave?
I think it is all going as planned.  A Time to Die indeed!
View Quote
i doubt they are doing it on purpose to destroy males. i think its more just their stupidity and trying for force the SJW-pussy hat wearing crowd down everyones throat.

i will continue my applause for their failure. by saying otherwise makes you look like you support them.
11/14/2019 2:27:04 PM EDT
[#16]
I like movies with good character development, good dialogue and a good story.  That formula's always worked.
11/14/2019 2:27:56 PM EDT
[#17]
I love it when they flop from eating their own.  
11/14/2019 2:29:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quote History
Quoted:
It’s hard to believe, given all the money out there waiting to be collected, that a right leaning Patriot type filmmaker isn’t putting out movies that appeal to non SJW types.

I suppose Clint Eastwood is but otherwise I cant think of any.
View Quote
How many right-wing directors are there?

How many right-wing actors?

How many right-wing producers?

How many right-wing "all those hundreds of people at the end of the credits"?

The only real "right-wing" stuff I know of is the Kendrick brothers who spend their time making Christian movies instead of more mainstream "right-leaning" commercial films
11/14/2019 2:31:26 PM EDT
[#19]
To quote Kelly Bundy when asked if it was ok for beautiful people to flaunt their hotness... "not only is it ok, it's an obligation!"
11/14/2019 6:49:00 PM EDT
[#20]
CLAP
11/14/2019 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#21]
The Joker defied the cry’s of the SJW and made a billion dollars.

I bet Hollywood noticed
11/14/2019 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Quoted:
How many right-wing directors are there?

How many right-wing actors?

How many right-wing producers?

How many right-wing "all those hundreds of people at the end of the credits"?

The only real "right-wing" stuff I know of is the Kendrick brothers who spend their time making Christian movies instead of more mainstream "right-leaning" commercial films
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s hard to believe, given all the money out there waiting to be collected, that a right leaning Patriot type filmmaker isn’t putting out movies that appeal to non SJW types.

I suppose Clint Eastwood is but otherwise I cant think of any.
How many right-wing directors are there?

How many right-wing actors?

How many right-wing producers?

How many right-wing "all those hundreds of people at the end of the credits"?

The only real "right-wing" stuff I know of is the Kendrick brothers who spend their time making Christian movies instead of more mainstream "right-leaning" commercial films
The premise of a majority of big Hollywood movies is right-wing when you think about.
11/14/2019 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quote History
Quoted:
When those movies bomb they have a built-in scapegoat.

Us.

If we weren't so toxic the box office numbers would be better - not that the movie itself was a turd.

They can lose money and still validate their worldview.
View Quote
Hollywood has the same problem socialism does.

Eventually, you run out of other people's money.
11/14/2019 6:53:04 PM EDT
[#24]
I do a little happy dance every time one of those shit shows bombs.

Restores a little bit of my almost nonexistent faith in the human race.
11/14/2019 6:54:04 PM EDT
[#25]
It is appropriate to applaud Hollywood's failures. It is appropriate to point at them and laugh. It is appropriate to ridicule their idiocy.
11/14/2019 7:01:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Of course it's not wrong. Hollywood is the enemy.
11/14/2019 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Everyone running around trumpeting and laughing that Hollywood is failing at marketing social justice movies.

they come out with these bombs, and GD is like "Those movies fail at the box office - only a matter of time until Hollywood learns to make movies that mainstream America likes

Ghostbusters, The Last Jedi, Terminator Dark Fate, The upcoming Jams Bond A Time to Die, etc.

I think they are just selectively assassinating strong male franchises that they don't like.
Many applaud these failures, but think about what will fill the void of these franchises leave?
I think it is all going as planned.  A Time to Die indeed!
View Quote
The market dictates success. If they make a void another entrepreneur will be along to fill it and make cash hand over fist.
11/14/2019 7:06:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quote History
Quoted:
No. Please clap.
View Quote
Nature abhors a vacuum. They will unfuck themselves or new better people will emerge.
11/14/2019 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quote History
Quoted:
In the end it comes to making money and they will wise up eventually.  If they don't, they die... and someone else will come along and fill the void.
View Quote
Yep.

Can't make anymore movies if your shit goes bankrupt.
11/14/2019 7:08:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quote History
Quoted:

Yep.

Can't make anymore movies if your shit goes bankrupt.
View Quote
You can  make whatever you want after you clear the playing field
11/14/2019 7:10:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quote History
Quoted:
I want Hollywood to fail. They are the enemy in addition to the media.
View Quote
This guy gets it.
11/14/2019 7:12:05 PM EDT
[#32]
How did 'Captain Marvel' do?

IIRC, the chick that starred in it was a major league, douche bag, SJW, feminist cunt.
11/14/2019 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quote History
Quoted:
How did 'Captain Marvel' do?

IIRC, the chick that starred in it was a major league, douche bag, SJW, feminist cunt.
View Quote
Not necessarily a good example as it was a movie that tied up a major movie series.

Can't use it as a metric for what movie goers will do if they are presented with the choice on a movie that isnt a must see if for no other reason than you see the 15 preceding movies.

Even then, I redbox'd it and I sti want my $1.75 and 3 hours of my life back.  Such a shit movie.  Cannot believe I suffered 2.85 hours of bullshit for a 15 min fight scene.
11/14/2019 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quote History
Quoted:
The Joker defied the cry’s of the SJW and made a billion dollars.

I bet Hollywood noticed
View Quote
Americans eat that shit up and pour billions into Hollywood every year.
11/14/2019 7:21:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quote History
Quoted:The market dictates success. If they make a void another entrepreneur will be along to fill it and make cash hand over fist.
View Quote
There's lots of opportunity for a big right-wing city like ... like ... aw fuck, some little city in another state to start making movies.

Hell the General Discussion could make a few a day with all the experts we have here.
11/14/2019 7:22:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

they come out with these bombs, and GD is like "Those movies fail at the box office - only a matter of time until Hollywood learns to make movies that mainstream America likes

Ghostbusters, The Last Jedi, Terminator Dark Fate, The upcoming Jams Bond A Time to Die, etc.
View Quote
Not saying it was a great movie, but The Last Jedi grossed 1.33 billion....hardly a bomb.
11/14/2019 7:22:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Watch "Hollywoodism", free on Prime. It will tell you how they made you see your ideal America since movies were made.

Your kids will be exposed to any agenda they choose to push.

We have all been victims of this for a century.
11/14/2019 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quote History
Quoted:
It’s hard to believe, given all the money out there waiting to be collected, that a right leaning Patriot type filmmaker isn’t putting out movies that appeal to non SJW types.
View Quote
Making the movie is one thing.

Getting it distributed and played in theaters is a completely different thing. THAT is where the real challenge lies.
11/14/2019 7:23:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quote History
Quoted:

Yep.

Can't make anymore movies if your shit goes bankrupt.
View Quote
They profited more than $40,000,000,000.00 dollars last year so they're right on the very cusp of failure.
11/14/2019 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quote History
Quoted:
Watch "Hollywoodism", free on Prime. It will tell you how they made you see your ideal America since movies were made.

Your kids will be exposed to any agenda they choose to push.

We have all been victims of this for a century.
View Quote
I stopped going to the movies 25-years ago and carefully pick-n-choose what movies I rent or buy ... one or two a year possibly.

I don't think I bought/rented one last year.
11/14/2019 7:27:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quote History
Quoted:

Not saying it was a great movie, but The Last Jedi grossed 1.33 billion....hardly a bomb.
View Quote
I took my nephews, they both fell asleep.
11/14/2019 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quote History
Quoted:
Not saying it was a great movie, but The Last Jedi grossed 1.33 billion....hardly a bomb.
View Quote
$1.33billion minus production and marketing costs of probably $500m+.

Look at the weekend-over-weekend drop in ticket sales once it opened.  It could have made $2billion in theaters.  Disney CEO Iger knows that and he is pissed.

Star Wars is the original license to print money. And KK fucked it up.
11/14/2019 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quote History
Quoted:
$1.33billion minus production and marketing costs of probably $500m+.

Look at the weekend-over-weekend drop in ticket sales once it opened.  It could have made $2billion in theaters.  Disney CEO Iger knows that and he is pissed.

Star Wars is the original license to print money. And KK fucked it up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not saying it was a great movie, but The Last Jedi grossed 1.33 billion....hardly a bomb.
$1.33billion minus production and marketing costs of probably $500m+.

Look at the weekend-over-weekend drop in ticket sales once it opened.  It could have made $2billion in theaters.  Disney CEO Iger knows that and he is pissed.

Star Wars is the original license to print money. And KK fucked it up.
That's why I said gross, not net revenue    And I won't argue that Disney didn't fuck up.  Only that it wasn't a "bomb".  The movie did make a profit, a fair amount ($417 million ) according to wikipedia.
11/14/2019 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quote History
Quoted:
They profited more than $40,000,000,000.00 dollars last year so they're right on the very cusp of failure.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Can't make anymore movies if your shit goes bankrupt.
They profited more than $40,000,000,000.00 dollars last year so they're right on the very cusp of failure.
Not talking Hollywood/the movie business in general. Just specifically the SJW'ing/Awokening nonsense.

If some studios choose to push their SJW/woke stuff at the cost of profits, they aren't going to last. Someone else will happily jump in to push the next over-the-top toxic masculinity Fast and the Furious franchise to make their billions.

Profit or die. They can make their own choices, just as moviegoers make theirs.
11/14/2019 8:15:00 PM EDT
[#45]
there were kids being bussed as a field trip during the school day to go see marvel black panther.  do you think they would do the same for a movie like the patriot or midway?  one is based on fiction, the other, reality.
11/14/2019 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quote History
Quoted:
That's why I said gross, not net revenue    And I won't argue that Disney didn't fuck up.  Only that it wasn't a "bomb".  The movie did make a profit, a fair amount ($417 million ) according to wikipedia.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not saying it was a great movie, but The Last Jedi grossed 1.33 billion....hardly a bomb.
$1.33billion minus production and marketing costs of probably $500m+.

Look at the weekend-over-weekend drop in ticket sales once it opened.  It could have made $2billion in theaters.  Disney CEO Iger knows that and he is pissed.

Star Wars is the original license to print money. And KK fucked it up.
That's why I said gross, not net revenue    And I won't argue that Disney didn't fuck up.  Only that it wasn't a "bomb".  The movie did make a profit, a fair amount ($417 million ) according to wikipedia.
I agree it wasn't a bomb.  My point was that Iger knows now that the $417m profit could have been a $1000m profit.
11/14/2019 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quote History
Quoted:
I agree it wasn't a bomb.  My point was that Iger knows now that the $417m profit could have been a $1000m profit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not saying it was a great movie, but The Last Jedi grossed 1.33 billion....hardly a bomb.
$1.33billion minus production and marketing costs of probably $500m+.

Look at the weekend-over-weekend drop in ticket sales once it opened.  It could have made $2billion in theaters.  Disney CEO Iger knows that and he is pissed.

Star Wars is the original license to print money. And KK fucked it up.
That's why I said gross, not net revenue    And I won't argue that Disney didn't fuck up.  Only that it wasn't a "bomb".  The movie did make a profit, a fair amount ($417 million ) according to wikipedia.
I agree it wasn't a bomb.  My point was that Iger knows now that the $417m profit could have been a $1000m profit.
Apparently they next one sucks so bad, they're worrying about breaking even on it.
11/14/2019 8:33:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quote History
Quoted:
Apparently they next one sucks so bad, they're worrying about breaking even on it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not saying it was a great movie, but The Last Jedi grossed 1.33 billion....hardly a bomb.
$1.33billion minus production and marketing costs of probably $500m+.

Look at the weekend-over-weekend drop in ticket sales once it opened.  It could have made $2billion in theaters.  Disney CEO Iger knows that and he is pissed.

Star Wars is the original license to print money. And KK fucked it up.
That's why I said gross, not net revenue    And I won't argue that Disney didn't fuck up.  Only that it wasn't a "bomb".  The movie did make a profit, a fair amount ($417 million ) according to wikipedia.
I agree it wasn't a bomb.  My point was that Iger knows now that the $417m profit could have been a $1000m profit.
Apparently they next one sucks so bad, they're worrying about breaking even on it.
that's just mind-blowing.  KK's head should roll for that.
11/14/2019 8:34:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Failure is a necessary part of a feedback loop.

It can only be ignored for so long.
11/14/2019 8:35:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Yep... people want to go see a movie for a story, not for a message.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 2
Next Page