Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/21/2020 10:45:39 AM EDT
In a stunning development to a case that’s drawn international headlines, Kauai police have arrested the mother of two Idaho children missing since September.

Authorities said 46-year-old Lori Vallow, who had been living on Kauai with her husband for several months, was arrested Thursday in Princeville after a warrant was issued in Madison County, Idaho.

She’s being held on $5 million bail and is expected to appear in court Friday for an extradition hearing.

Vallow is charged with with two counts of felony desertion of a child along with misdemeanor charges of resisting and obstructing an officer, solicitation of a crime, and contempt.

Madison County Prosecutor Rob Wood said the complaint filed against Vallow alleges she abandoned her two children and then stymied officers attempts to find them.

Officials, however, did not say whether they believe her children are still alive.

Vallow and her new husband, Chad Daybell, surfaced on Kauai several months after 17-year-old Tylee Ryan and 7-year-old Joshua “J.J.” Vallow went missing.

Authorities previously said the two haven’t been able to furnish any information on the children’s whereabouts. The couple reportedly left their home in Rexburg, Idaho in November ? three months after the children were last seen ? and moved to Kauai.
View Quote
Further complicating the story, police are also investigating the deaths of the couple’s former spouses.

According to East Idaho News, Vallow has been married five times. Two of her prior husbands have died, and it’s not clear what happened to the other two.
View Quote
Court records show Charles Vallow had filed for divorce expressing his concerns over what he called his wife’s doomsday and cult-like beliefs.

Then, in July, Charles Vallow was shot and killed by Lori Vallow’s brother in Arizona.

“It’s one of the most unusual situations I’ve ever heard of in my career in law enforcement,” Kauai Prosecutor Justin Kollar told Hawaii News Now in January.

Authorities are also investigating the death of Daybell’s first wife, Tammy. She was found dead in their home in October. He married Vallow two weeks later.
View Quote
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/02/21/kauai-police-arrested-idaho-mother-whose-children-mysteriously-disappeared/
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I hate to rush to judgement....  Well, no I don't.  This is GD.  Kill the witch!
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:58:46 AM EDT
[#2]
FPNI
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Are any arfcom members missing from GD ?
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:02:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Volcano.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:15:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Volcano.
View Quote
3 islands to the East...
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#6]
When kids are killed (and yeah, I'm assuming these kids are dead), a parent/the parents are usually involved.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:27:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Killing a 17 year old? I mean - killing any child is fucking demonic, but one that is that close to adulthood seems weird.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:32:07 AM EDT
[#8]
This story has progressed so slowly.

I would think when children are missing the authorities would act with more urgency, especially if they have any suspicion that the mother is dangerous.

If she’s not cooperating, I authorize waterboarding.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:37:55 AM EDT
[#9]
The brother killed a previous husband.

Cult like beliefs.

I bet this is a lot bigger picture than the snapshot we are seeing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:39:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
When kids are killed (and yeah, I'm assuming these kids are dead), a parent/the parents are usually involved.
View Quote
Shit, this bitch looks like she was trying to be the next Hillary, with the number of dead and missing that surround her.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:40:17 AM EDT
[#11]
There was a dateline episode on this just last weekend.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:42:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I would think when children are missing the authorities would act with more urgency, especially if they have any suspicion that the mother is dangerous.

View Quote
Yeah, I kind of don't get why it took so long.  Normally when there are children missing you have the amber alerts all over the place and it seems everyone is trying to find the missing children or child.

But not in this case.   You would think that if the children had not been seen for a while all kinds of flags would have been raised and a sense of urgency to find them would have been in place.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#13]
they were supposedly trying to do some surveillance on them to see if they would lead them to the kids, according to the Dateline deal that aired on it.  I think they were making the probably erroneous assumption that the kids were still alive though.  Fuckin bitch
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
I saw that. Security cam footage of her and new hubby moving heavy totes out of a self storage place. Wonder what was in them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#15]
I expect that a parent would not leave town unless they KNEW there would be no chance that the kids are coming back.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:52:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I expect that a parent would not leave town unless they KNEW there would be no chance that the kids are coming back.
View Quote
She never reported them missing. The alarm was raised when relatives couldnt contact the kids and mom fed them a line of BS about their whereabouts.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#17]
We've had a long running case here in WA where a young Russian mother claims she left her toddler son in the car on the side of the highway when she ran out of gas. When she returned he was gone. Problem with the story is when she returned to her car, there was a police car there, she had no gas can, and the car still had gas and was driveable.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Sky_Metalwala

Since then she has refused to talk to police at all whatsoever, not even to give them any information that would help find the child. Police have basically left her alone while the estranged dad has fully cooperated and given them everything he can.

I don't understand why that isn't reasonable suspicion to arrest. Your kids are missing, your story is obviously bunk, and you refuse to talk to the police or any investigator at all whatsoever.

At least in this case it looks like the police are plowing through the BS and moving forward
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:08:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
In a stunning development to a case that’s drawn international headlines, Kauai police have arrested the mother of two Idaho children missing since September.

Authorities said 46-year-old Lori Vallow, who had been living on Kauai with her husband for several months, was arrested Thursday in Princeville after a warrant was issued in Madison County, Idaho.

She’s being held on $5 million bail and is expected to appear in court Friday for an extradition hearing.

Vallow is charged with with two counts of felony desertion of a child along with misdemeanor charges of resisting and obstructing an officer, solicitation of a crime, and contempt.

Madison County Prosecutor Rob Wood said the complaint filed against Vallow alleges she abandoned her two children and then stymied officers attempts to find them.

Officials, however, did not say whether they believe her children are still alive.

Vallow and her new husband, Chad Daybell, surfaced on Kauai several months after 17-year-old Tylee Ryan and 7-year-old Joshua “J.J.” Vallow went missing.

Authorities previously said the two haven’t been able to furnish any information on the children’s whereabouts. The couple reportedly left their home in Rexburg, Idaho in November ? three months after the children were last seen ? and moved to Kauai.
View Quote
Further complicating the story, police are also investigating the deaths of the couple’s former spouses.

According to East Idaho News, Vallow has been married five times. Two of her prior husbands have died, and it’s not clear what happened to the other two.
View Quote
Court records show Charles Vallow had filed for divorce expressing his concerns over what he called his wife’s doomsday and cult-like beliefs.

Then, in July, Charles Vallow was shot and killed by Lori Vallow’s brother in Arizona.

“It’s one of the most unusual situations I’ve ever heard of in my career in law enforcement,” Kauai Prosecutor Justin Kollar told Hawaii News Now in January.

Authorities are also investigating the death of Daybell’s first wife, Tammy. She was found dead in their home in October. He married Vallow two weeks later.
View Quote
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/02/21/kauai-police-arrested-idaho-mother-whose-children-mysteriously-disappeared/
View Quote
Your wife dies and you're re-married two weeks later?? What the fuck is there to investigate?? You KNOW those fuckers are involved.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Fucking evil.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#20]
This story is crazy, I just started reading about it today.

Lori Vallow is frisked next to a patrol car as she is arrested in Kauai, Hawaii, on Thursday on charges relating to the disappearance of her two children

As officers prepared to take Vallow away in a patrol her, her Doomsday author husband Chad Daybell (right) watched helplessly

Lori's arrest comes two days after she and her husband Chad (pictured on Tuesday at the Kahului Airport) were seen returning to the island of Kauai after their two-day trip in Maui

Full story
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#21]
this whole story is completely messed up.

kids are disappeared and I'm sure deaded.

Lori Daybell's ex husband was killed by her brother in a shootout. The ex husband that claimed Lori had gone nuts and the kids were in danger.

Then Chad Daybell's wife winds up dead.  Assumed natural causes,  but she's now been exhumed for further investigation.

Then Lori and Chad get married a MONTH after Chad's previous wife is deaded.

then Lori's brother, remember the one who killed Lori's ex husband?

now ALSO dead of "unspecified circumstances"

it's a shitshow.  I feel bad for the kids.  feels like these two whackjobs killed their spouses, dumped the kids then cleaned up the mess by killing the brother then bounced to hawaii for vacation.

Nuts
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:47:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Mom of 2 missing kids arrested in Hawaii, held on $5M bond l ABC News
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:54:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Lori Daybell's ex husband was killed by her brother in a shootout. The ex husband that claimed Lori had gone nuts and the kids were in danger.

Then Chad Daybell's wife winds up dead.  Assumed natural causes,  but she's now been exhumed for further investigation.

it's a shitshow.  I feel bad for the kids.  feels like these two whackjobs killed their spouses, dumped the kids then cleaned up the mess by killing the brother then bounced to hawaii for vacation.

Nuts
View Quote
Also I hear Lori's ex-husband who was shot a killed had a $1M life insurance policy.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:56:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Also I hear Lori's ex-husband who was shot a killed had a $1M life insurance policy.
View Quote
If i'm remembering the dateline show correctly, he removed her as beneficiary but she didnt know that and tried to claim the money immediately after his death.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:57:50 PM EDT
[#25]
She was pretty in her DMV photo, but her recent booking photo really brought out the crazy.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Nuts
View Quote
Only part you appear wrong on is the kids... they're dead. A 17 year old doesn't just go missing unless you've killed them in these circumstances.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 1:13:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If i'm remembering the dateline show correctly, he removed her as beneficiary but she didnt know that and tried to claim the money immediately after his death.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe why kids were removed?
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 1:16:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
I watched that...………..she was pretty arrogant about the whole thing. I believe they killed those kids, and they were in those totes they moved out of storage...…….
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 1:50:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Lori Vallow went to a pool party hours after her estranged husband was killed by her brother

Lori Vallow went to a pool party hours after her estranged husband was killed by her brother
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It’d be interesting to see the charges. Sounds like "we got nothing, let's arrest"
View Quote
From today's article:

The arrest warrant is for a failure to comply with a court order to produce JJ and Tylee last month in Idaho. She's also been charged with desertion and nonsupport of dependent children, resisting or obstructing officers, criminal solicitation to commit a crime, and contempt of court.

Madison County Prosecuting Attorney, Rob Wood, said in a statement that the complaint filed by the prosecutor's office alleges that Lori 'abandoned her two minor children, delayed law enforcement's attempts to locate her children'.

The maximum sentence on each count of desertion of a child in Idaho is 14 years in prison.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:17:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It’d be interesting to see the charges. Sounds like "we got nothing, let's arrest"
View Quote
I read there was a court order in Idaho to produce the kids by January 30th and once it passed they issued a warrant.  Something along those lines.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
And then try to get one to flip on the other.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:21:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:22:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:24:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:26:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Heard about this on Dateline last week.

I'm okay with them staying in jail until they can produce the children alive, or admit to their murders.

If the children are alive and found, hope the states have enough evidence to convict on the murdered spouses.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:31:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yeah, I kind of don't get why it took so long.  Normally when there are children missing you have the amber alerts all over the place and it seems everyone is trying to find the missing children or child.

But not in this case.   You would think that if the children had not been seen for a while all kinds of flags would have been raised and a sense of urgency to find them would have been in place.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In normal cases of missing children, one or both parents immediately contact the police and fully cooperate so that they can spend more time trying to find the missing kids. This wasn't the case here. Especially if one parent is uncooperative and seems to be totally unconcerned about her kids and the other is a stepfather who also has a suspicious past. Plus, who actually did report the kids as missing? Certainly not the mother and the father was murdered. Another thing, what is this about a death/doomsday cult? Where are they located, who is their leader??? COuld be that the police suspect that the kids have been kidnapped by the cult and they are quietly trying to locate the cult to get a warrant to search for the kids?? In any event, this isn't a normal situation where and Amber Alert would have been instituted immediately and we don't know all the details that the police do.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:32:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Snow Mormons be crazy yo.

Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:33:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Wish the video embedding would get fixed.

Lori Vallow arrested in Hawaii
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:33:52 PM EDT
[#42]
I hate stories like this
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I hate stories like this
View Quote
And this one is just as tragic. Happened yesterday.

Border protection officer, 39, 'who shot and killed his wife and their two sons, ages 16 and 12, before turning the gun on himself following a family trip to Disney World'

Link
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:43:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

In normal cases of missing children, one or both parents immediately contact the police and fully cooperate so that they can spend more time trying to find the missing kids. This wasn't the case here. Especially if one parent is uncooperative and seems to be totally unconcerned about her kids and the other is a stepfather who also has a suspicious past. Plus, who actually did report the kids as missing? Certainly not the mother and the father was murdered. Another thing, what is this about a death/doomsday cult? Where are they located, who is their leader??? COuld be that the police suspect that the kids have been kidnapped by the cult and they are quietly trying to locate the cult to get a warrant to search for the kids?? In any event, this isn't a normal situation where and Amber Alert would have been instituted immediately and we don't know all the details that the police do.
View Quote
If I remember right her now husband was the leader of the cult.The grandparents of the boy reported them missing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:48:29 PM EDT
[#45]
“Mysterious death of past spouses”  - wasn’t  there a cop who kept killing off his wives? (and he somehow dodged an SBR charge??).

This Idaho / Hawaii case stinks to high hell - WHERE ARE THOSE KIDS?  
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:53:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
“Mysterious death of past spouses”  - wasn’t  there a cop who kept killing off his wives? (and he somehow dodged an SBR charge??).

This Idaho / Hawaii case stinks to high hell - WHERE ARE THOSE KIDS?  
View Quote
One of the guys in the '86 Miami FBI shootout had a wife who died under funny circumstances.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:55:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Kauai police planning on news conference this afternoon or early evening.  Hawaii News Now
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#49]
She's refused a court order to either produce her children or show proof they are ok. I'd hold her in contempt of court and jail her till she produces her children or admits guilt of murder.  As far as I'm concerned she can rot in jail
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#50]
I’ve been watching this on the local news, both the new husband and the mother need to fry, or swing, whatever is more painful.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top