Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2006 7:51:39 AM EDT
Who's the guy drawn on the inside front cover of a Dutch passport? Looks like some Inca guy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 7:54:43 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Who's the guy drawn on the inside front cover of a Dutch passport? Looks like some Inca guy.

That's Jeebus, you heathen!  

It's a carving from a Viking rune stone (found in Jellinge) that depicts Jesus, and notes the conversion of King Harald Bluetooth, son of King Gorm the Old (the first king of Denmark over 1000 years ago) to Christianity.

(The small dragon that's on every other page of the Danish passport on also on the same rune stone, but on another side.)

Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:02:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats not g-whiz.. thats just Ted Nugent...
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:04:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

It's a carving from a Viking rune stone (found in Jellinge) that depicts Jesus, and notes the conversion of King Harald Bluetooth, son of King Gorm the Old (the first king of Denmark over 1000 years ago) to Christianity.

They had Bluetooth back then?  I guess the ancient Danes were more technologically advanced than we thought!
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:08:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They had Bluetooth back then?  I guess the ancient Danes were more technologically advanced than we thought!

Who've thunk it?  

The Danish royal family (who are direct decendants of Harald) should totally sue those Bluetooth guys
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:15:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's Jeebus, you heathen!  

(The small dragon that's on every other page of the Danish passport on also on the same rune stone, but on another side.)

www.arild-hauge.com/arild-hauge/de-rune-jellinge-big2.jpg

I swear that's what I first thought but I asked the owner and he thought it was some Norse god.

I'll have you know that I am not a heathen! I my catholic church we didnt draw the baby jeebus like that!
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:17:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I swear that's what I first thought but I asked the owner and he thought it was some Norse god.

Seriously?  A Danish citizen didn't know what that was a picture of?

How embarassing and depressing.  Smack him upside the head for me if you see him again.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:21:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Back then, what they called Bluetooth is what we now call DookeyTooth.  I learned that in Government school.
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 7:33:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey DK! I saw the guy today and straightened him out AND I smacked him upside the head!
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 7:42:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Seriously?  A Danish citizen didn't know what that was a picture of?

How embarassing and depressing.  Smack him upside the head for me if you see him again.  

"Upside the head?"

I can tell you've assimilated into American culture!
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 10:20:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hey DK! I saw the guy today and straightened him out AND I smacked him upside the head!

Sweet!

Link Posted: 4/21/2006 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Up 'side.

It's 'hit him up 'side the head.'

Dagnabit!

Eric The(GrammarianForTheHicks)Hun
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Except back then they just took two stones and put them near each other and screamed the Danish version of "Sync my contacts you bastards!!" and eventually gave up in frustration, because Vikings had some good ideas but were notoriously unable to follow through on them.

They had a similar idea about CPR and brain surgery, but again their inattention to detail just turned it into a bloody mess.  

Link Posted: 4/21/2006 2:55:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Up 'side.

Dagnabit!

I used to spell "y'all" wrong as well - I thought it was "ya'll" for a while.
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Up 'side.

Dagnabit!

I'm fixin' t' use the k'reck spellin' next time y'all.
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 4:17:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Up 'side.

Dagnabit!

I used to spell "y'all" wrong as well - I thought it was "ya'll" for a while.

I didn't know that...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top