Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Previous Page
/ 7
Next Page
1/13/2010 6:06:01 PM EDT
Who's getting one?






















Didn't want to derail this thread;






































...but here's the countdown clock-





















 
1/13/2010 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#1]



Quoted:


Who's getting one?






Didn't want to derail this thread;











...but here's the countdown clock-








 
If hell freezes over  in 5 days then I will believe it
1/13/2010 6:08:19 PM EDT
[#2]
in 2 weeks!
1/13/2010 6:08:38 PM EDT
[#3]




Quoted:

in 2 weeks!




4  weeks!
1/13/2010 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I will wait till they come down in price, work out the bugs, get all the cool aftermarket stuff, and guys here put them through the paces.  Then I will pick one up.
1/13/2010 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#5]
what if at the end of a count down they just release a release date for 2 weeks from it?

Quoted:
I will wait till they come down in price, work out the bugs, get all the cool aftermarket stuff, and guys here put them through the paces.  Then I will pick one up.


I think them delaying it so much was to correct issues they have with it, but I'd still agree with you, the market needs a new rifle that is an alternative to the AR15, one that competes with ALL features of it, including reliability and aftermarket parts.

Hopefully they can get the price down from the over $2k range that the SCAR is currently at, although it's understandable to have them at a higher rate at launch, they know they won't be able to keep it that high in price, I was hoping Magpul's idea of undercutting commercial competitor's price (at least with the PMAG and MBUIS) while keeping/surpassing quality would be present after they sold the Masada
1/13/2010 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#6]


1/13/2010 6:10:14 PM EDT
[#7]



Quoted:


I will wait till they come down in price, work out the bugs, get all the cool aftermarket stuff, and guys here put them through the paces.  Then I will pick one up.


same





 
1/13/2010 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#8]
was that an AAC blackout suppressor mount i see???

1/13/2010 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#9]



Quoted:


what if at the end of a count down they just release a release date for 2 weeks from it?


No, they have to release it, they're losing market to Ruger....




 
1/13/2010 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#10]
How much?  Arm, leg?
1/13/2010 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#11]



Quoted:


what if at the end of a count down they just release a release date for 2 weeks from it?


if you right click the countdown and click "Forward" it says

ACR LAUNCH! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG



 
1/13/2010 6:11:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I could have rushed to get an MSAR for $1500+.  Instead I waited and got the most current gen in the color I wanted on sale for 999.



I'll do the same with the ACR.  
1/13/2010 6:12:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I already blew my ACR funds.
1/13/2010 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#14]
"uh oh the mold broke....check back at next years Shot Show for the new release date!"
1/13/2010 6:12:35 PM EDT
[#15]
How much?
1/13/2010 6:13:17 PM EDT
[#16]



Quoted:


How much?


MORE THAN YOU MAKE IN A MONTH





sorry it was there



 
1/13/2010 6:14:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I could have rushed to get an MSAR for $1500+.  Instead I waited and got the most current gen in the color I wanted on sale for 999.

I'll do the same with the ACR.  


Me too.

I have a perfectly good midlength BCM that will keep me protected until then.
1/13/2010 6:14:45 PM EDT
[#18]



Quoted:


I already blew my ACR funds.






 
1/13/2010 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#19]
*waits to see price tag*
1/13/2010 6:18:23 PM EDT
[#20]



Quoted:





Quoted:

I already blew my ACR funds.




 


Also this.



 
1/13/2010 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#21]
it will be stupid expensive, I will choose the sig sauer 516 in the meanwhile...

1/13/2010 6:20:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
*waits to see price tag*


Yeah, how much for dat?

[eyes emengency cash]  
1/13/2010 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
what if at the end of a count down they just release a release date for 2 weeks from it?

if you right click the countdown and click "Forward" it says
ACR LAUNCH! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
 


their little flash video is broken and wont fully load/play anything besides it scrolling over the buttstock.

also the wiki states:
The ACR is currently slated to be available in 2nd Quarter 2010 for military, government and commercial customers. The ACR will be available in greater quantity (tens of thousands) in the commercial marketplace in 2010 [9]. It is anticipated that the rifle will have suggested retail price starting at $1,400 - $ 1700.00 (per Bushmaster Rep) with semi-automatic versions available to the commercial market, and selective-fire versions available for military and law enforcement under the Remington name.[10] As of October 2009, Bushmaster has announced that several consumer versions of the ACR would be available in the first half of 2010. [11]


my guess is there are a few different variants including a possible cali legal config.
edit: photos of a civilian late model prototype, possibly final production model (Mohitojj's post) for those who haven't seen it:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=124&t=162008&page=13/

notice how you can just drop in the trigger group, looks like it will be extremely easy for repainting/refinishing if they don't offer other colors. Also looks like it will be extremely easy to send this in for warranty issues, just send in the specific part that's having issues. I suspect that Bushmaster is going to have many different options/calibers/accessories.
1/13/2010 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#24]
How will the Bushmaster version fare on "the chart"?
1/13/2010 6:43:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Is this a countdown to when they begin selling them, or a countdown to SHOT?
1/13/2010 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#26]
i want to see a price tag
1/13/2010 6:47:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Until I see lower halves & other parts that allow it to become a 7.62x39 or 5.45x39––in short anything other than just another 5.56~6.X conversion––just like Magpul originally demoed, it'll be yet-another AR15/SCAR/XCR/Daewoo-blend monstrosity with nothing distinctively unusual or different to add to the mix.

There, I said it.

Until it has enough modules out to have the almost G36-ish non-railed handguards (like the original prototypes) and REAL caliber change (like the original prototype) that would allow it to take on all comers in the AR and AK worlds.....it's just another plastic-based, ho-hum option, without enough setting it apart from either a SCAR or regular AR15 to make me part with my money.  A "modular" rifle that is no more modular than an AR15 because all the promised and proposed "modules" got passed over or scrapped off the board.....isn't.

BUT––to each their own.  I'll gladly sit here and watch y'all spend money on it, and wait to see if the real "interchangeability" options ever bear fruit...but then again, for that matter SIG also hasn't released any SIG 250 trigger packs in SA/DA like were originally promised, etc etc etc.
1/13/2010 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Sadly, I'm going to be buying a house this spring and not a gun.  



But..



If they have the MOE-type handguards instead of the railed ones, I'll fine some money some how.
1/13/2010 6:54:41 PM EDT
[#29]
will they make a version for ban states?
1/13/2010 6:55:15 PM EDT
[#30]
I think I first learnt of the Masada in 2006 (or maybe 07). Since then I've been filling an old 8 gallon water fountain jug with loose change and singles. It's probably about 3/4 full and I've been told it probably contains 2-3 thousand dollars. For better or worse, I've completly lost interest in buying an ACR.
1/13/2010 6:59:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I will wait till they come down in price, work out the bugs, get all the cool aftermarket stuff, and guys here put them through the paces.  Then I will pick one up.


This.
1/13/2010 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#32]



Quoted:


How will the Bushmaster version fare on "the chart"?


I'm biting my nails! But with a quick change barrel and folding stock, it should *transcend* the chart.



 
1/13/2010 7:03:33 PM EDT
[#33]
I hate to be cynical but how do we know it's just not a countdown to SHOT show which is in 5 days? There they'll release some sort of "update" informing the public it'll be available in 2012.
1/13/2010 7:07:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
How much?  Arm, leg?


Sorry to say but in Arfcom fashion it is BOTH of course...An Arm and a Leg!
1/13/2010 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#35]



Quoted:


will they make a version for ban states?


They're offering a Basic and Enhanced model.. The basic appears to have a fixed stock. So, you simply need to have the flash suppressor replaced with a muzzle brake.



 
1/13/2010 7:18:08 PM EDT
[#36]



Quoted:





Quoted:

will they make a version for ban states?


They're offering a Basic and Enhanced model.. The basic appears to have a fixed stock. So, you simply need to have the flash suppressor replaced with a muzzle brake.

 


The flash suppressor's fine, we'd just need a bullet button.

 
1/13/2010 7:19:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
will they make a version for ban states?

They're offering a Basic and Enhanced model.. The basic appears to have a fixed stock. So, you simply need to have the flash suppressor replaced with a muzzle brake.
 

The flash suppressor's fine, we'd just need a bullet button.  


In before some asshole continues giving CA shit. It gets old fast.

Anyway, DO WANT ACR!
1/13/2010 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#38]
as soon as i find a job, oh yes it will be mine
1/13/2010 7:45:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
as soon as i find a job, oh yes it will be mine


great timing, given the economic climate, because the ACR is never coming out!




1/13/2010 7:52:46 PM EDT
[#40]
was interested until bushmaster got ahold of it.

1/13/2010 7:56:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Until I see lower halves & other parts that allow it to become a 7.62x39 or 5.45x39––in short anything other than just another 5.56~6.X conversion––just like Magpul originally demoed, it'll be yet-another AR15/SCAR/XCR/Daewoo-blend monstrosity with nothing distinctively unusual or different to add to the mix.

There, I said it.

Until it has enough modules out to have the almost G36-ish non-railed handguards (like the original prototypes) and REAL caliber change (like the original prototype) that would allow it to take on all comers in the AR and AK worlds.....it's just another plastic-based, ho-hum option, without enough setting it apart from either a SCAR or regular AR15 to make me part with my money.



Yep.

I'll buy one when I can convert between 7.62x39 and 5.45x39, with something CLOSELY resembling the original foregrip.
1/13/2010 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#42]
No one knows a price??
1/13/2010 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#43]



Quoted:


I hate to be cynical but how do we know it's just not a countdown to SHOT show which is in 5 days? There they'll release some sort of "update" informing the public it'll be available in 2012.


It's suspiciously similar to the SHOT countdown clock


 
1/13/2010 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#44]
maybe....got bonuses deferred from last year that may get paid out shortly...so just maybe
1/13/2010 8:03:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I will wait till they come down in price, work out the bugs, get all the cool aftermarket stuff, and guys here put them through the paces.  Then I will pick one up.


Same.
1/13/2010 8:04:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Neat, but I'm going to give it a couple of months after it comes out.

That, or I'll just pick up some more ARs, with everyone clamoring for the ACR and whatnot
1/13/2010 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#47]
I'll take two "enhanced" versions, please.
 If it's under $2k, I'll have at least one as soon as possible.  








1/13/2010 8:12:13 PM EDT
[#48]
I'll take a "wait-and-see" on this. There has been too much vaporware associated with it.  Call me when it becomes a reliable reality.
1/13/2010 8:13:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Waiting to see if my prediction of SCAR L level pricing comes true.


BM's involvement is not re-assuring so I will wait till a few batches are out if the price is semi-sane.
1/13/2010 8:13:17 PM EDT
[#50]
I have a burning desire for a factory SBR ACR

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 7
Next Page