Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:24:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Watched youtubers videos of the preview event.  There is no way I would spend that much on that.  The media event was crazy with nerds and weirdos.

It was loud and busy all the time. I can't imagine what it would be fun at all with a bunch of kids screaming and yelling.

I would rather have more night vision than spend that for 2 days.  Course, some don't mind wasting their money on stupid stuff, so they can do it.

It appears to be a huge cosplay event.
View Quote

Find me one who is dressed up as Padmé Amidala I would have some fun, but not 2500 a night.  I may do 1k if she does butt stuff
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:25:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Just think, after paying all that money, the rest of your "crew" will probably be at least 50% NYers.

Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:27:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Hahaha. I thought that too for a second but just got back from Disneyworld last week. They count kids 10 and up as adults
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For three adults and one child, it's nearly $6,000.

I'm questioning what situation would involve 3 adults and a child visiting a theme hotel for 2 nights. Sounds like they priced out a sci-fi pedophile troupes' dream vacay.

Hahaha. I thought that too for a second but just got back from Disneyworld last week. They count kids 10 and up as adults

Or people who can afford a $5k hotel room, they're bringing the nanny/au pair along so they don't actually have to deal with their child.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:31:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do I get a slave Princess Leia look alike in the room for that price?

They will send you a Java look alike.

https://hackaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/White-Mug-of-Coffee-on-Wood-Table.jpg

You are SPOT on with what they will send.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
$6k+ for two adults and two kids for only two nights? No thanks...
View Quote

Perhaps the price is designed to keep out the riff-raff, riff-raff.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:42:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Sort of looks like a new version of Fallout vault room.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#7]
The big screw up (other than the price) was basing it on the last trilogy films. Most fans hate those movies.
Set it in between ep. 4,5,6 and it would have had broader appeal.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:43:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Someone needs to start a push for "disadvantaged youth" inner city scholarships to stay here.
At least 20% of the hotel needs to be filled with "those who don't have the means to stay here otherwise, due to cultural privilege inequalities."

Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Shit like this is why Russia will win.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:45:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But I'm hip, I'm with it

Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#11]
A few years ago we traveled through Florida and made it down to the Key's.
We traveled with a small 22' motorhome.
On the way back the wife (no pictures) said "I don't see any reason to ever come back to Florida".
I agreed.
This new addition to Disney hasn't changed our mind.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You get driven to it inside a themed box truck.... er.... shuttle transport.

Link

https://i.postimg.cc/qvfpgrz0/diserney.jpg
View Quote
The resort can double-dip use with those trucks-- Moving hotel guests by day, and moving illegals around by night.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:06:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Here's more info on the cabin/suites and pricing lol.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/star-wars-galactic-starcruiser/planning/#block4

Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:18:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm questioning what situation would involve 3 adults and a child visiting a theme hotel for 2 nights. Sounds like they priced out a sci-fi pedophile troupes' dream vacay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Teachers probably get a special discount.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#15]
The presence of Covid masks on about 50% of the Cast Members in the preview videos detracts from the illusion.

Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
we just booked our trip with the kids - $9k in just the hotel and day passes, it's worth it as it's a suite and very nice.
View Quote

Awesome! Are meals and lube included?
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#17]
That looks God-Fucking-Awful.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That looks God-Fucking-Awful.
View Quote

Hotel rooms are for sleeping when on vacation. Now if someone wants to sit in there and yank their crank pretending to be on a space ship, well, go for it I guess.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:40:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thought the same.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This was known a couple months ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaTotzXKaqw
View Quote

After seeing that video, the Star Wars experience looks more like the maiden voyage of the Magic Christian than a futuristic scifi experience.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:48:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet you aren't gonna see alot of fights or any drama other than nerd drama.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:51:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Watched youtubers videos of the preview event.  There is no way I would spend that much on that.  The media event was crazy with nerds and weirdos.

It was loud and busy all the time. I can't imagine what it would be fun at all with a bunch of kids screaming and yelling.

I would rather have more night vision than spend that for 2 days.  Course, some don't mind wasting their money on stupid stuff, so they can do it.

It appears to be a huge cosplay event.
View Quote

You make memories with your kids doing things like this they can look back on. You can't do that with fucking night vision, lol.

I would have given ANYTHING to go to Disney, especially something like this when I was a kid. Growing up poor sucks, though.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 8:03:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Family of 4, or Mom, Dad, Kid, and Au Pair.

At those prices, you bring the bring-along babysitter.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dudes from Bama can take their sisters and inbred child.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 8:11:46 PM EDT
[#26]
WTF?
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 8:43:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
On the way back the wife (no pictures) said "I don't see any reason to ever come back to Florida".
I agreed.
View Quote

I was stationed at Hurlburt during the first half of the 90s. It was cool back then. I have been back down there a couple times in the past few years. I have no ambition to ever go back again. From P-cola to well past Panama City it is one huge tourist trap now.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Someone needs to start a push for "disadvantaged youth" inner city scholarships to stay here.
At least 20% of the hotel needs to be filled with "those who don't have the means to stay here otherwise, due to cultural privilege inequalities."

View Quote

Free Kibur's cube with every scholarship visit?

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 9:10:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How does that price compare to say, a hotel room in cape canaveral and watching a NASA launch? Because that seems much more fun than this corporate cash grab.
View Quote

Elon needs to get busy building a hotel near Boca Chica to watch the Starship launches (and landings).

Link Posted: 2/27/2022 9:16:40 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

1977-1983
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Grandma to babysit while the older kids play.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Do I get a slave Princess Leia look alike in the room for that price?
View Quote

No, but they give you a ham beast in a Jabba the Hutt costume.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 9:32:52 PM EDT
[#34]
I could see dropping $200-300 for a night to check it out...no way Id pay more than that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 9:44:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
https://s.hdnux.com/photos/01/21/30/11/21332589/3/1200x0.jpg
https://s.hdnux.com/photos/01/21/30/11/21332587/5/1200x0.jpg

Ahead of its grand opening, the first reviews for Disney’s eye-wateringly expensive “Star Wars” hotel are beginning to roll in.

The Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser at Disney World opens to its first paid guests March 1, but last week it hosted members of the media and popular YouTube and TikTok channels for a free preview. The hotel, which only offers a two-night stay, is billed as the ultimate immersive “Star Wars” experience. Guests are encouraged to dress up (Disney provides some pricey options on its site), take part in special missions and enjoy an “excursion” to the planet Batuu, also known as the “Star Wars” land within Disney World’s Hollywood Studios. For two adults, the starting price is about $5,000. For three adults and one child, it’s nearly $6,000.

https://www.sfgate.com/disneyland/article/is-disneys-galactic-starcruiser-worth-it-16950883.php
View Quote

They're way ahead of the game. The threat of WW3 looms, along with the threat of nukes, and what do they do? Build windowless bunkers themed as Star Wars hotels to ignore the problem. There's no problem if you can't see the problem.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 9:51:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
we just booked our trip with the kids - $9k in just the hotel and day passes, it's worth it as it's a suite and very nice.
View Quote

Do they take EBT cards?
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#37]
That whole immersive, in-character bit would drive me nuts. I didn't like it when we went there and went on the Star Trek ride and they were "in character". I've been accused of being a hard ass.

Quoted:

View Quote

To be fair, I went to Disney a few times with my God-Daughter and her parents a couple of times (I got my own room). It was great fun, when they got pissy with each other the kid and I could wander off, and they could ride rides that she was too small for or didn't want to go on. I had a ball! But, yeah, not sticking the four of us in that room. Not spending 5-6k on that BS either unless I was dating a geeky freaky sci-fi chick.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 9:59:54 PM EDT
[#38]
People take out Vacation Loans to go to Disney.  None of this surprises me.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 10:14:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Mauschwitz.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Elon needs to get busy building a hotel near Boca Chica to watch the Starship launches (and landings).

https://techcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/sn10-starship-landing.gif?w=730&crop=1
View Quote

He's talking about moving that whole operation to Florida.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 10:29:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

He's talking about moving that whole operation to Florida.
View Quote

Wherever they set up I think we can agree that people are going to want to see rockets the size of 12 story buildings doing aerobatic maneuvers.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 10:34:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Huge Star Wars nerd here.

I hope this fails miserably and heads at Disney roll.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 10:36:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Mauschwitz.
View Quote

LOL….Narf!
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 10:42:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Husband, Wife, Wife's Boyfriend, and their 1 kid. A father should be there when their child sees Micky Mouse and Rey.........even if Mom isn't sure which one is the bio Dad.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Probably depends what they define "adult" to mean for pricing. 2 parents, 16yo kid, and 10yo kid could be priced as 3 adults and 1 child.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 10:57:28 PM EDT
[#46]
If they had made it an amazing facsimile of the Death Star, Hoth, Tatooine, etc…it would be a huge hit.

The moment they focused on their own crappy “new” source material, despite owning the rights to the old “good stuff”, is the moment it failed.

You know I’m right
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 11:07:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Damn! if that don't do it I don't know what will. It wouldn't surprise me if a one or two riff-raff squeak by. I've seen grandma war bucks pay for the riff-raff to take the grand kids to Disney.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 11:08:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I agreed.
View Quote

I’ve thought the same thing 3 times in my life after doing the following in FL:

Spring Break at Daytona Beach in 1986.
Making that long, long, boring drive down to the Keys and back.
Taking our son to Disney World.

Have since made short other trips and learned to appreciate Florida in other ways, though.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 11:11:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The presence of Covid masks on about 50% of the Cast Members in the preview videos detracts from the illusion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
In a state with no mandate.  Woke as fuck.

Quoted:
That would be glorious!  Use woke'ism to broke 'em.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 5:41:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Why so expensive?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top