User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:30:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BillofRights:
Just leave it on the dashboard of your Car.    Sunlight is radiation.  It kills microbes.  
View Quote

I leave mine out like that also.

Hardly have to wear one in my county though.  Most places don't require it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By boolzi:
For everyone who wears a mask out, are you wearing it so you don’t get the virus or are you wearing it so you don’t spread it?
View Quote

I’m wearing it because my grocery store requires it for entry.

The one girl at the meat counter told me that pretty much everyone that works there tested positive at some point.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 11:29:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:
If masks work then why isn't everything open?
If masks don't work then why are we wearing them?

View Quote

They are the newest form of virtue signaling.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 11:49:33 AM EDT
[#4]
To hell with the masks, to hell with businesses that require one for entry, and to hell with those who feel the need to express their opinion that I should have one.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 11:50:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought an ultraviolet sanitizer.  Not really
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 11:58:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By BustinCaps:

Of herd immunity is the next goal, surely we have data on how long immunity last, evidence it exists at all, and evidence there are no significant long term effects from infection, right?

Oh wait. We don’t understand any of those things about covid-19 in an even elementary way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BustinCaps:
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
Originally Posted By TheRealCocowheats:
Originally Posted By JoseCuervo:

So, just to confirm where this goes, we all have to wear a mask for the rest of our lives in case we are sick but don't know it?

And what if there is no cure and/or vaccine???

Masks become permanent then?

This is truly the absurd part. 

Hospitals aren't overloaded....the curve is flattened. Herd immunity should be the next goals...which means we actually need to get sick. 

Again, I'm just explaining the reasoning behind masks even if I personally don't think they're warranted now.

Of herd immunity is the next goal, surely we have data on how long immunity last, evidence it exists at all, and evidence there are no significant long term effects from infection, right?

Oh wait. We don’t understand any of those things about covid-19 in an even elementary way.

We understand enough to know what we're doing now is stupid.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 45-Longslide:

They are the newest form of virtue signaling.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 45-Longslide:
Originally Posted By Lancelot:
If masks work then why isn't everything open?
If masks don't work then why are we wearing them?

They are the newest form of virtue signaling.

I will not wear one, everybody I know doesn't wear one and guess what? Nobody is sick! I just watch the cdc keep revising the death count down by the thousands and laugh at all the karens and doomers.

Sorry karen but you're not a hero and doomers this is not the apocalypse you been fantasizing about, back to your boring lives.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:10:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I’m not wearing a mask, because I don’t believe they do any good, unless your sick.

I also don’t install chain link fence as mosquito nets.

My opinion is, that fear and propaganda, have enslaved the sheep, to the pasture.

How easily the masses are controlled, through fear, and lies!

To think, a nation once full of free thinking Americans, has been reduced to a mass of brain-washed simpletons...in just a few decades.

If you think you can seriously hide from a virus, I have a bridge in Minneapolis to sell you.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By shootertim:
I’m not wearing a mask, because I don’t believe they do any good, unless your sick.

I also don’t install chain link fence as mosquito nets.

My opinion is, that fear and propaganda, have enslaved the sheep, to the pasture.

How easily the masses are controlled, through fear, and lies!

To think, a nation once full of free thinking Americans, has been reduced to a mass of brain-washed simpletons...in just a few decades.

If you think you can seriously hide from a virus, I have a bridge in Minneapolis to sell you.
View Quote

The point is you don't know if you're sick and asymptomatic...

Again not saying I think masks are great or that they should be mandated....just seriously surprised people don't get this yet.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:19:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I’m not wearing a mask, because I don’t believe they do any good, unless your sick.

I also don’t install chain link fence as mosquito nets.

My opinion is, that fear and propaganda, have enslaved the sheep, to the pasture.

How easily the masses are controlled, through fear, and lies!

To think, a nation once full of free thinking Americans, has been reduced to a mass of brain-washed simpletons...in just a few decades.

If you think you can seriously hide from a virus, I have a bridge in Minneapolis to sell you.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:29:03 PM EDT
[#11]

The point is you don't know if you're sick and asymptomatic...

Again not saying I think masks are great or that they should be mandated....just seriously surprised people don't get this yet.
View Quote

Lmfao!!!
This is a virus, like a cold, or the flu.
Do you think you can hide from it?
Your best bet would be to let your immune system build immunity, before it mutates into something worse! This virus has “gain of function” which means it has the ability to mutate!
Your immune system fights off germs, and viruses daily....when you over sanitize, it can become lazy. If your immune system is lazy, or weakened...this virus will become much more serious, then you will be in trouble.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Lmfao!!!
This is a virus, like a cold, or the flu.
Do you think you can hide from it?
Your best bet would be to let your immune system build immunity, before it mutates into something worse! This virus has “gain of function” which means it has the ability to mutate!
Your immune system fights off germs, and viruses daily....when you over sanitize, it can become lazy. If your immune system is lazy, or weakened...this virus will become much more serious, then you will be in trouble.
View All Quotes

The point is you don't know if you're sick and asymptomatic...

Again not saying I think masks are great or that they should be mandated....just seriously surprised people don't get this yet.

Lmfao!!!
This is a virus, like a cold, or the flu.
Do you think you can hide from it?
Your best bet would be to let your immune system build immunity, before it mutates into something worse! This virus has “gain of function” which means it has the ability to mutate!
Your immune system fights off germs, and viruses daily....when you over sanitize, it can become lazy. If your immune system is lazy, or weakened...this virus will become much more serious, then you will be in trouble.

Please read what I wrote. Consider it. And don't make any other assumptions beyond what I wrote.

You even agree they can help slow the spread if you're sick. The point is you don't know if you're sick.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm in a profession dealing with people here in NY.

A. People wearing masks in public is effective in the prevention of spreading it to others if they have it regardless of changing it.
B. Changing them regularly would obviously help how effective they are from preventing contraction of it.
C. If everyone understood and followed A then B would matter less.

Unfortunately common sense isn't possessed by most.
There's roughly 28,000 people dead from this in NY.
Having the most dense population in the United States is one reason for that,
people simply not caring is the other.

No one knows who has it unless you are obviously sick, many are asymptomatic carriers...that's with any virus ever...
It's not a matter of fearing something, it's about common sense and avoiding negligence especially to those you do care about.

You may not care if you get it, you may not know if you already have it but not caring easily leads to someone close to you getting it and dying.
You can all roll your eyes and not care but you might care when your elderly neighbor, your grandmother, a small child with asthma or a friend with underlying health issues is Dead because You had given them what you didn't realize you had, because you simply didn't care or because you just wanted to stomp your feet and say No to the government.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By j97531:
I wear a mask as better protection FOR you, not me.  Surprised you dont understand this.
View Quote

I don't need/want your protection.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Please read what I wrote. Consider it. And don't make any other assumptions beyond what I wrote. 

You even agree they can help slow the spread if you're sick. The point is you don't know if you're sick.
View Quote

Well, you should also consider what I wrote, because this virus isn’t going anywhere soon.
The sooner we gain a natural immunity, the better off we will all be.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:41:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Well, you should also consider what I wrote, because this virus isn’t going anywhere soon.
The sooner we gain a natural immunity, the better off we will all be.
View All Quotes

Please read what I wrote. Consider it. And don't make any other assumptions beyond what I wrote. 

You even agree they can help slow the spread if you're sick. The point is you don't know if you're sick.

Well, you should also consider what I wrote, because this virus isn’t going anywhere soon.

You're arguing with me about something I'm not saying, which is why I asked you to reread what I wrote.
I'm not arguing with your entire post, just the one little part.

So please, stop pretending I'm saying something I'm not.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:43:24 PM EDT
[#17]
I just use it as an excuse to break out the cosplay shemaghs. No, I don’t wash it after every outing. It doesn’t matter.

We’re all going to get it before it’s over and done.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By GarandM1:
Is the OP saying that bacteria I exhale from my own lungs, throat, and nose is going to infect me?

View Quote

Do you wash your dishes after eating on them? Do you wash your body at least every day? Do you wear the same underwear every day? Do you wash your hands after using the bathroom?

It is a fact that most smart phones contain more bacteria and God knows what else than the typical toilet seat.  

What I'm saying is that your mask is probably just as disgusting as your freakin' underwear and you are wearing masked up against your face.

That is all.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:45:12 PM EDT
[#19]
I just got my skull mask. If people are going to get pissy when I don’t wear one, I’ll at least make sure what I’m toting around is sufficiently obnoxious.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:46:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By unseenSNIPER:

I don’t think OP really knows what he’s talking about, himself.
View Quote

Stop being a dick. I asked a simple question. I can see that you are somewhat intimidated by it.

Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:47:08 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

So then sacrifice all those who are unable to build immunity, whom are instead quickly killed by the virus rather than try to prevent spread til hopefully effective treatment is determined? Darwinism I guess?
Regardless of me being susceptible to this or not, I care about my parents, family and those close to me enough to not wish to roll the dice on them building immunity or being rapidly killed.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:47:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By boolzi:
For everyone who wears a mask out, are you wearing it so you don’t get the virus or are you wearing it so you don’t spread it?
View Quote

Third option, I wear it so all the weirdos don’t stop me and ask why I’m not wearing my mask or because it’s required to get in to where I’m going.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#23]

You're arguing with me about something I'm not saying, which is why I asked you to reread what I wrote. 
I'm not arguing with your entire post, just the one little part.

So please, stop pretending I'm saying something I'm not.
View Quote

Calm down man, I just don’t agree with everything you said. We are not in a heated argument, or are we?
Don’t mistake our difference in opinion, with hostility.
We are allowed to a difference in opinion...that is what being free men is all about.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:53:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By sindekhan:

So then sacrifice all those who are unable to build immunity, whom are instead quickly killed by the virus rather than try to prevent spread til hopefully effective treatment is determined? Darwinism I guess? 
Regardless of me being susceptible to this or not, I care about my parents, family and those close to me enough to not wish to roll the dice on them building immunity or being rapidly killed.
View Quote

Lmfao!!!!!
A bit offended?
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 1:01:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Calm down man, I just don’t agree with everything you said. We are not in a heated argument, or are we?
Don’t mistake our difference in opinion, with hostility. 
We are allowed to a difference in opinion...that is what being free men is all about.
View All Quotes

You're arguing with me about something I'm not saying, which is why I asked you to reread what I wrote. 

Calm down man, I just don’t agree with everything you said. We are not in a heated argument, or are we?
Don’t mistake our difference in opinion, with hostility. 
We are allowed to a difference in opinion...that is what being free men is all about.

What makes you think I'm not calm?

Once again, I'm explaining to you the logic behind wearing masks even if you don't think you're sick. That's all. You're assuming I'm saying a bunch of other stuff which I'm not.

I'm not saying covid is so bad we should be wearing them. I'm not saying mandating it is good. In fact if you look back to previous posts I'm of the mind we need to get herd immunity (if that's possible, and it looks like it probably is) as quickly as possible without overloading hospitals.

I am just simply explaining the logic behind seemingly healthy people wearing masks.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 1:07:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Lmfao!!!!!
A bit offended?
View Quote

Simply asked a question.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Dude, if they stopped doing that, we'd just about stop having COVID threads.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:

Dude, if they stopped doing that, we'd just about stop having COVID threads.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:

Dude, if they stopped doing that, we'd just about stop having COVID threads.

Yeah that's true lol
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 1:50:28 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm in a profession dealing with people here in NY.

A. People wearing masks in public is effective in the prevention of spreading it to others if they have it regardless of changing it. 
B. Changing them regularly would obviously help how effective they are from preventing contraction of it. 
C. If everyone understood and followed A then B would matter less. 

Unfortunately common sense isn't possessed by most.
There's roughly 28,000 people dead from this in NY. 
Having the most dense population in the United States is one reason for that,
people simply not caring is the other. 

No one knows who has it unless you are obviously sick, many are asymptomatic carriers...that's with any virus ever... 
It's not a matter of fearing something, it's about common sense and avoiding negligence especially to those you do care about. 

You may not care if you get it, you may not know if you already have it but not caring easily leads to someone close to you getting it and dying. 
You can all roll your eyes and not care but you might care when your elderly neighbor, your grandmother, a small child with asthma or a friend with underlying health issues is Dead because You had given them what you didn't realize you had, because you simply didn't care or because you just wanted to stomp your feet and say No to the government.
View Quote

Great post
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm in a profession dealing with people here in NY.

A. People wearing masks in public is effective in the prevention of spreading it to others if they have it regardless of changing it. 
B. Changing them regularly would obviously help how effective they are from preventing contraction of it. 
C. If everyone understood and followed A then B would matter less. 

Unfortunately common sense isn't possessed by most.
There's roughly 28,000 people dead from this in NY. 
Having the most dense population in the United States is one reason for that,
people simply not caring is the other. 

No one knows who has it unless you are obviously sick, many are asymptomatic carriers...that's with any virus ever... 
It's not a matter of fearing something, it's about common sense and avoiding negligence especially to those you do care about. 

You may not care if you get it, you may not know if you already have it but not caring easily leads to someone close to you getting it and dying. 
You can all roll your eyes and not care but you might care when your elderly neighbor, your grandmother, a small child with asthma or a friend with underlying health issues is Dead because You had given them what you didn't realize you had, because you simply didn't care or because you just wanted to stomp your feet and say No to the government.
View Quote

Basically this......And I wash my mask 2 times a day.  I am required to use one for work, I am required to use one to go to a store, I am required to not give a F what anyone at a computer screen in their basement thinks.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 2:44:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 2:55:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By @RolandofGilead:
I am just simply explaining the logic behind seemingly healthy people wearing masks.
View Quote

Logic? In GD? That was your mistake right there. GD seems to have established herd immunity against logic.

Link Posted: 5/16/2020 3:03:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Heir Fauci said masks are of little benefit.

Dr Fauci now says no masks. (March 8, 2020 Interview)
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 3:07:17 PM EDT
[#36]
The company that I work for put a work from home policy in place since this started. Unfortunately, my job requires me to be out in public on a nearly daily basis. I think I've actually worked from home twice in 2 months.

I have a bunch of vented N95's. I wear one everyday as it's required by my employer and to enter any business at this point. I don/doff it properly and when my day ends it goes in a dated paper bag and stays in a hot garage. I have 30+ masks in rotation now. If and when they get funky, I'll replace them. 60 more NIB in my closet.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 3:13:42 PM EDT
[#37]
I saw a woman wearing a knitted mask at Lowe’s
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Strict58:
Heir Fauci said masks are of little benefit. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRUYcMCtQT0
View Quote

Yes, little benefit. That's why he says to focus on health care providers and people who are ill.

Link Posted: 5/16/2020 3:16:59 PM EDT
[#39]
This thread is a train wreck.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 3:19:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Do you wash your dishes after eating on them? Do you wash your body at least every day? Do you wear the same underwear every day? Do you wash your hands after using the bathroom?

It is a fact that most smart phones contain more bacteria and God knows what else than the typical toilet seat.  

What I'm saying is that your mask is probably just as disgusting as your freakin' underwear and you are wearing masked up against your face.

That is all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the OP saying that bacteria I exhale from my own lungs, throat, and nose is going to infect me?

That is all.

And when the mask becomes wet, or dirty, or torn, or otherwise compromised then I stop wearing it because it becomes less effective.

But simply breathing on it is not going to make it infectious to me.  I certainly don't share it with anyone else, but I don't worry about what is coming out of my lungs.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 3:25:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Masks work,  but as long as there are "but muh FREEDOMZ" mouth breathers (see what I did there?) Out there the mask can only do so much.  The problem is people are fucking idiots if the government tells them to do something then they automatically want to do the opposite no matter what it is, I swear some of these idiots if the government told him to just breathe normally they start holding their fucking breath just to protest.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 3:26:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By barrysuperhawk:
Masks work,  but as long as there are "but muh FREEDOMZ" mouth breathers (see what I did there?) Out there the mask can only do so much.  The problem is people are fucking idiots if the government tells them to do something then they automatically want to do the opposite no matter what it is, I swear some of these idiots if the government told him to just breathe normally they start holding their fucking breath just to protest.
View Quote

You know who else was an advocate of breathing normally?

HITLER!
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 9:14:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 9:33:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By barrysuperhawk:
Masks work,  but as long as there are "but muh FREEDOMZ" mouth breathers (see what I did there?) Out there the mask can only do so much.  The problem is people are fucking idiots if the government tells them to do something then they automatically want to do the opposite no matter what it is, I swear some of these idiots if the government told him to just breathe normally they start holding their fucking breath just to protest.
View Quote

I don't think anyone is saying masks don't do something to help. I think people are not happy with govt over extending their reach. With that said Ill wear a mask if a business requires it. If I'm outside in my neighborhood or walking through town I'm not wearing one.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 12:14:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If masks work then why isn't everything open?
If masks don't work then why are we wearing them?

View Quote
If condoms work, why do people still get HIV?
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top